Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

If someone gave me tickets to see Sam Smith, and I was talking to someone about it, I would definitely, absolutely, without a second thought, say ‘Going to see Sam Smith, I think his stuff is shite, although the Bond theme he did was decent’.

If someone gave me tickets to see Duran Duran, and I was talking to someone about it, I would definitely, absolutely, without a second thought, say ‘Going to see Duran Duran, I think their stuff is decent, although the Bond theme they did was shite’.

Without any thought of insulting anyone, dis-respecting anyone, or discriminating against anyone, that would be my use of ‘he, him, they, and them’. One artist is a male singer, one is a group. Sam Smith can identify himself as anything he wants, just as Eddie Izzard can slap on the lippy and a skirt, and swan down Buchanan Street to aid the implosion of Scottish Labour.... but he’s a bloke. With a penis, like Sam Smith. Will Sam Smith be offended if he writes a new fantastic album and is nominated at the Brits for ‘Best British Male Artist’?

I simply cannot comprehend the notion of going to see Sam Smith.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I simply cannot comprehend the notion of going to see Sam Smith.

A very good point, which is why I specifically said ‘if someone gave me tickets’. Mind you, I have now publically said I quite like Duran Duran’s stuff. Does that make me a bad man, or a bad gender fluid they/them?

Ach, fcuk it, ‘Rio’ is a great album. I stand by my bold statement.

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

A very good point, which is why I specifically said ‘if someone gave me tickets’. Mind you, I have now publically said I quite like Duran Duran’s stuff. Does that make me a bad man, or a bad gender fluid they/them?

Ach, fcuk it, ‘Rio’ is a great album. I stand by my bold statement.

Hungry like the wolf will save them from execution come the day of reckoning

1 minute ago, Silverton End said:

"When Smokey Sings" was ABC's finest moment.

It wasn't, it was All of my Heart.

9 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Everyone is sorted into a little box as soon as their born, white Scottish male, in my case and if people themselves don't see themselves as matching their label then it must be wearing, your gender isn't that trivial as you clearly wouldn't change it.

Sex is binary, gender is several shades of grey it's like saying sexual attraction should be fairly straightforward but obviously it's not when humans are presented with a choice we never make binary choices, we choose the thing that is most identifiable to us in this case no gender or gender fluid

The bit I don't grasp is how a biological male can presume that they know how it feels to be a woman. 

I can understand that they don't feel comfortable with the masculine gender identity and find the feminine gender identity more appealing for them. 

That isn't exactly the same as feeling like a woman. I appreciate that people often say that as a shorthand for the identity bit. 

And sex isn't quite binary. There are many intergender conditions. 

Quite like Sam Smith, but wid not. 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

The bit I don't grasp is how a biological male can presume that they know how it feels to be a woman. 

I can understand that they don't feel comfortable with the masculine gender identity and find the feminine gender identity more appealing for them. 

That isn't exactly the same as feeling like a woman. I appreciate that people often say that as a shorthand for the identity bit. 

And sex isn't quite binary. There are many intergender conditions. 

Quite like Sam Smith, but wid not. 

It’s all Shania Twain’s fault.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've started to see business letters using they. At first I thought it was poor grammar and takes a bit of getting used to. I had usually thought of they as a plural. I still don't think it reads well, but I'm guessing "it" wouldn't be acceptable.

Will a baby be described as they until they declare a gender?

Same here.

Lot of youse conflating you not getting why something might matter, with that thing mattering nevertheless.
There will always be that to this subject too, since most people consider their gender as both pre-defined on a biological basis, and also a very deep rooted core part of who they are. Gender fluidity is a way of thinking that hardly anyone will ever be able to comprehend.

For the record,I have no real issue with people defining themselves as whatever. It is just a sign of the times.

I have an issue with it when they define themselves as something they really aren't.

Judging by the Tartan Army board we're living in an age where someone like Matt Phillips defining himself as Scottish causes uproar.

Skyr is the way to go when it comes to breakfast these days. Three tablespoons of this along with either some fresh blueberries, raspberries or blackberries and a handful of granola to start the day, perfect.
image.png.d7a1d56333cefb12fd96841366ff7fb4.png
Absolutely! i had Skyr brulee in Reykjavik it was incredible.