Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I‘m currently in Iceland, the country and not the frozen food shop, and was out last night in Reykjavik. Got speaking to some Icelandic boys in a pub who told me their friend was a Scottish footballer. They ended up Video-calling none other than former St Mirren, Queens and Dunfermline defender Marc McAusland. I also woke up with an uneaten Kebab, as I made the outstanding drunken decision to get an extra one which I planned to consume for Breakfast. I’m basically winning at life today.

6 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

I also woke up with an uneaten Kebab, as I made the outstanding drunken decision to get an extra one which I planned to consume for Breakfast. 

I agree with the outstanding decision portion but does it not, by definition, suggest that you couldn't have been all that drunken?

Genuinely soooo close to going full Ballistic Bob after an hour of dealing with Excel charts.

The fact I'm working from home using my own computer is probably the only reason this isn't happening: 

#angerissues

Eta: at least Brechin never lost today.  Nice for a change.

Edited by Hedgecutter

In the chip shop this evening and some guy wanders in, starting the following conversation:

Him:  Erm, what kind of fish is that?

Girl who's serving: That's a jumbo sausage.

Him: Sure it's not a fish?

Girl:  Trust me, I work here, it's a sausage.

Him: Fair enough, sorry.  Ok, can I get that fish instead please?

Girl:  That's a king rib.

Him:  Is there any fish?

Girl: It'll be a 5 min wait.

Him:  How long does it take to cook it?

Girl: 5 minutes.

At this moment, a pissed guy walks in who's caked in mud with a face covered in leaves. 

Mud man:  Hey folks, any chance of a lift into Aberdeen?  It's f***in' rainin' oot there.

Why is this a thing? Why is she making it a thing?

Seems very thin skinned. Yes there's a massive problem with sexism and homophobia on Twitter but why would you choose to become a part of this story. Keep your social media and ignore them or ditch it if you want. Why make a thing out of it?

Seems very odd for a senior copper to be complaining about the general public saying unpleasant things to them. I generally assume the average polis spends their entire day having their parentage, sexuality, and morality questioned on a minute-by-minute basis, not to mention the regular physical assaults. To assume the same people would be nicer under the cloak of anonymity is remarkably naive.

I take it she went straight into a promoted position and never walked a beat?