Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Just back from a 12 mile walk.  Not my best decision in view of the weather.

Fully expect pneumonia by Saturday.

If you were walking behind a bus to save money you should have walked behind a taxi to save even more.

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Just seen people (plural) in their 20s who have never heard or Gremlins, never mind seen it.

That's an auld c**t wake up call if ever there was one.  :(

I work with a lad who hadn't heard of Pulp Fiction. "Are you saying Pulp as in wood pulp, or Pope as in the guy who lives in Italy?" He had heard of Quentin Tarantino, so there's that. I also realise, I started working in this industry before he was born. And I was in my 30s when I did that.

'sake.

9 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I work with a lad who hadn't heard of Pulp Fiction. "Are you saying Pulp as in wood pulp, or Pope as in the guy who lives in Italy?" He had heard of Quentin Tarantino, so there's that. I also realise, I started working in this industry before he was born. And I was in my 30s when I did that.

'sake.

Are you saying that your pronunciation of 'Pulp' and 'Pope' sound the same?

4 hours ago, GordonD said:

Are you saying that your pronunciation of 'Pulp' and 'Pope' sound the same?

3 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Cut him a bit of slack Gordon.....he lives in Colorado, probably more to do with local shitkicker accents / hearing than pronunciation.
emoji3.pngemoji41.png

😄 I have to admit, there isn't as much difference in my pronunciation of the two words as there should be. I'm now trying to think how I pronounced it growing up in England. 

5 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Cut him a bit of slack Gordon.....he lives in Colorado, probably more to do with local shitkicker accents / hearing than pronunciation.
emoji3.pngemoji41.png

Fair enough, I've antagonised enough people today.

8 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Went to shotz in Dundee just for a couple of hours. Didnt realise how quiet it would be. 

It's an absolute shithole. Until the brothers put their hands in their pockets and sort out the heating and the toilets it'll always be the last place a lot of folk in Dundee would go to play pool and snooker. 

It's an absolute shithole. Until the brothers put their hands in their pockets and sort out the heating and the toilets it'll always be the last place a lot of folk in Dundee would go to play pool and snooker. 

Yeh everything fallen apart. Spur of moment to go. ( 3 dundee fans) .
Easy enough however to get a table so it will do if decide again but aye pretty run down