Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Just read up on her but happy to go with the soundbite her ex has given the press and they’ve ran with? Cool. Domestic abuse is unacceptable, no question. The courts would have hopefully punished her absolutely rightly.
Also happy to judge her for doing the job she was paid for and offer your sarcastic condolences? Cool.
She’s just been found dead having killed herself, not a great look Dee Man.

You can't slander the dead. 

Eta: What's the acceptable timeframe for someone to die before we can pass comment these days anyway? Let's be honest, if this was a guy with a history of domestic abuse, he would be fair game, so let's not get all melodramatic because it's a female off the telly. 

Edited by Dee Man

You can't slander the dead. 
Eta: What's the acceptable timeframe for someone to die before we can pass comment these days anyway? Let's be honest, if this was a guy with a history of domestic abuse, he would be fair game, so let's not get all melodramatic because it's a female off the telly. 

No, but you can make yourself look pretty heartless.
Maybe for you that hypothetical scenario would be sound. Suicide just isn’t really a place where I’ll look to have a laugh or sneer at the person.

The Samaritans have guidelines for reporting about suicide and one of them is that simplistic reporting on why people have taken their own lives should be avoided. That would cover the idea that someone killed themselves because they couldn’t find love or were hounded by the media.

13 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

No, but you can make yourself look pretty heartless.
Maybe for you that hypothetical scenario would be sound. Suicide just isn’t really a place where I’ll look to have a laugh or sneer at the person.

I can easily live with being called heartless tbh, but I don't see how the cause of death is relevant. Any death is tragic. 

I can easily live with being called heartless tbh, but I don't see how the cause of death is relevant. Any death is tragic. 

Cool. I do see how the cause of death is relevant. I wouldn’t say any death is tragic but we’re going on to another topic in that regard.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Lost my Stephens Bakery virginity today.  Had a lovely steak bridie out of the shop in Crossford nr Dunfermline.

8/10, would visit again. 

They are fucking magic. I used to work in a place that threw out the Stephens goods at the end of the day, so everyone went home with a wee bag of pies and bridies for tea.

I'd probably have quit anyway, but I can't deny that the decision to switch suppliers was the icing on the Stephens Finger Doughnut.

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Fisher & Donaldson Coffee Towers are absolutely brilliant.

That's who we switched to. We had wee women queueing up to ask when the coffee towers were coming in for weeks in advance.

I tried one, and it was nice enough. The main problem was that literally everything else was gash in comparison to Stephens. Talking about this has made me remember their fruit slices, and now I'm drooling like a...well, me.

I'm puzzled as to why the English CPS are reportedly continuing with the Flack prosecution. In Scotland it would be the most likely outcome that the case is deserted simplicitor (dropped and can't be reraised) because the accused is brown breid.

When I was in 1st year some lassie overheard me and my mate slagging each other off and got it in her heid we were slagging her aff. She spent the rest of the next year trying to make our lives hell. Telling guys in the year above we'd been talking about their maws and all sorts of crap so they'd try and beat us up. I got in about 20 fights in my first year of high school because of this lassie and nearly moved school because it was just too much fucking hassle. Once it had calmed down with me, tho', she started it up on another lad in a different class and he ended up self harming and all sorts because of the abuse he got aff her. Cannae mind how it died down in the end but it stopped and I had pretty much forgotten all about it and she added me on facebook years ago and I just accepted it in that way ye dae with folk ye went tae school with.

Anyway the last few years has been great craic watching her moaning about her wean's da' and how shite he is, and then posts saying stuff like "I dnt care wit nebody sez aboot ma wean I know she widnae stab that delivery driver" and it culminated in her wean being sent to a special school for kids who are absolute fucking mentalists and keep stabbing delivery drivers.

Keeping these roasters on yer friends list is absolute box office.

Anyway her wean has been getting bullied aff other lassies now in this secure unit or wherever she is and she's went on a mad long rant about how bullies are the scum of the earth and they'll get what's coming to them and it's all done without an inkling of self awareness or correct spelling. Been a wild ride.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not being in the least bit cheeky here but wtf is a coffee tower?

It's a choux pastry bun, glazed with a coffee topping and filled to overflowing with a whipped coffee mousse. Final flourish is a wee chocolate disc on top of the mousse. Delicious treat but doesn't count as one of your 5 a day and probably won't feature on any diet plan. Fisher & Donaldson make the very best.