Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I'm usually late leaving work on Saturday nights, and the bus home often arrives to let passengers off before heading back to the depot because some w**k has vomited all over the place. Happened on the last bus once, and the driver did us a favour by pretending he hadn't noticed so he could finish the journey and not leave us stranded overnight.

Weirdest, most unpleasant favour anybody's ever done for me.

Could have been worse- a guy I knew got caught short on a bus from Glasgow to Hamilton ... You can guess the rest...

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Seems to happen a lot in Hamilton, people still referring to pubs by a name that changed over 10 years ago.

In Hamilton there's The Peacock & The Ivy which was The Tap Room before that, Harvey's before that and before that just plain The Peacock before that so seems to be quite a common thing nowadays.

In the Coatbridge of my youth, pubs were known locally by the surname of their landlord, past or present, rather than the fancy dan name the brewery wished to apply.

49 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Could have been worse- a guy I knew got caught short on a bus from Glasgow to Hamilton ... You can guess the rest...

He got off to use the lavvy in Parkhead, and was never heard from again.

A salient lesson for us all; never get out of the boat, unless you're going all the way.

I teach English to Japanese students -

I just had a lesson with one guy.  He said he had had a stiff neck for a while but had discovered the problem.  He has been sleeping with a parka hood on (must be a detachable one) to keep the mess from his hair off his pillow cases/sheets.  Where to start with that?  

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I was sponsoring a guide dog and got quite a few greenies for it.
So at the risk of sounding like a Vegan by telling this to complete strangers, Alfie has now completed his training and is fully qualified and living with his new owner.
I'm now starting my sponsorship of Ruby.
1480946877_Ruby1.jpg.d2f7d176b19ed973daf3f87fc09321e5.jpg
Good stuff. I started sponsoring Milo last year (Lab) then they sent me a "pupdate" with a picture of the next 3 going to be trained to try and sucker people in to sponsoring another. It clearly worked on muggings here when I saw Monty.

milo-looking-through-a-playhouse-window.jpegmonty-main.jpeg

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Good stuff. I started sponsoring Milo last year (Lab) then they sent me a "pupdate" with a picture of the next 3 going to be trained to try and sucker people in to sponsoring another. It clearly worked on muggings here when I saw Monty.

milo-looking-through-a-playhouse-window.jpegmonty-main.jpeg

They don't stay that size for long though, do they? Before Alfie, I sponsored Fifi. I've never owned a dog so was really surprised when they sent me a photo of her when she was four months old and I saw how big she had grown!

Fifi 0.jpg

Fifi 2.jpg

They don't stay that size for long though, do they? Before Alfie, I sponsored Fifi. I've never owned a dog so was really surprised when they sent me a photo of her when she was four months old and I saw how big she had grown!
968212366_Fifi0.thumb.jpg.c8ea4a7833c20ccbab6d3220bd9d0790.jpg
394595510_Fifi2.thumb.jpg.fa6fbfd6238f674a532bec6095ef04fb.jpg
Very true. Milo is an absolute brute now and Monty looks as daft as a brush. I would love to meet them but realise that's not the point. It's nice getting updated photos though.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I see yon Caroline Flack has been found dead. 40 years old

Just reading up on her. 

She was due in court soon for assaulting her boyfriend. Another ex-boyfriend said he would have died if he remained in a relationship with her.

RIP sweet boyfriend abusing, shallow television programme presenting princess xxx

Just reading up on her. 
She was due in court soon for assaulting her boyfriend. Another ex-boyfriend said he would have died if he remained in a relationship with her.
RIP sweet boyfriend abusing, shallow television programme presenting princess xxx
Yeah. Without making too many assumptions about todays events, it's pretty clear she was a very troubled lassie behind the cameras. Shame it ended this way though.

Just reading up on her. 

Just read up on her but happy to go with the soundbite her ex has given the press and they’ve ran with? Cool. Domestic abuse is unacceptable, no question. The courts would have hopefully punished her absolutely rightly.
Also happy to judge her for doing the job she was paid for and offer your sarcastic condolences? Cool.
She’s just been found dead having killed herself, not a great look Dee Man.