Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

4 minutes ago, Dele said:

Asda's red label baked beans are better than both Heinz and Branston's offering. The sauce is much thicker. 

Cooking them slowly on a low heat is the key imo.

3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Just thinking about Game of Thrones and how Hodor's name came from him hawding the door.

That was fucking terrible story writing.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I totally agree.

Someone said it's funny how everyone talked about Game of Thrones all the time then they did such a terrible job of ending it that suddenly nobody did. Quite a good observation I thought.
Now that some time has passed, I think I would now assess it that the ending totally soured the whole thing and pretty much consigned what could have been the best television of all time to the bin.

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I'm quite impressed that my phone's predictive text has the phrase "hadawayandshite" already programmed in without me having to add it!

What is love?

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Someone said it's funny how everyone talked about Game of Thrones all the time then they did such a terrible job of ending it that suddenly nobody did. Quite a good observation I thought.

It's really impressive how they managed to make such a colossal arsefuck of it that the entire world seems to have made an unspoken agreement to collectively wipe it from our memories.  Star Wars had a similar attempt at it with  The Rise Of Skywalker, but managed to at least have some redeeming features.

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I'm quite impressed that my phone's predictive text has the phrase "hadawayandshite" already programmed in without me having to add it!

I think that's the title of the next ITV detective show.

32 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

What is love?

It's really impressive how they managed to make such a colossal arsefuck of it that the entire world seems to have made an unspoken agreement to collectively wipe it from our memories.  Star Wars had a similar attempt at it with  The Rise Of Skywalker, but managed to at least have some redeeming features.

I liked ROTS. If you're looking for a truly colossally shit ending to something that everyone raved about, try Lost.

Although the shit "ending" could probably include about the last four series, to be fair.

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I liked ROTS. If you're looking for a truly colossally shit ending to something that everyone raved about, try Lost.

Although the shit "ending" could probably include about the last four series, to be fair.

I still have never finished Lost.  I think I started S6 and binned it.  I've never really went back to find out what the ending was.  I stopped caring.

I initially had my doubts about Watchmen when I saw that it was Damon Lindelof that was running it, but thankfully my fears were misplaced.

9 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I still have never finished Lost.  I think I started S6 and binned it.  I've never really went back to find out what the ending was.  I stopped caring.

I initially had my doubts about Watchmen when I saw that it was Damon Lindelof that was running it, but thankfully my fears were misplaced.

He's taken a lot of flak for Lost and rightly so, but he's clearly learned from his mistakes via Lost. The Leftovers, is my favourite show and if you enjoyed Watchmen, then I can't recommend the three seasons of GOLD enough.

Have you ever done the exercise where you take your age, and subtract it from your date of birth? Then you think of all the monumental world events that took place in that period of time before you were born. For me, that would everything from 1905 to 1962. Ancient history, right?
Then you consider that a child born today, will look at everything that's happened while you've been alive in exactly the same way. The Cold War, man walking on the moon, the introduction of the Internet, 9/11 and the resulting wars, Britain's time in the EU...all ancient history.
Interesting. Would be 44-82. Just a few things happened in that time.

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

If you're looking for a truly colossally shit ending to something that everyone raved about,

Rangers fans would submit the 2016 Cup Final as an example of this

On 04/03/2020 at 14:10, Shotgun said:

Have you ever done the exercise where you take your age, and subtract it from your date of birth? Then you think of all the monumental world events that took place in that period of time before you were born. For me, that would everything from 1905 to 1962. Ancient history, right?

I've been hoping that somebody would admit to being older than I am (come on, Jacksgranda) but mine would cover 1896 - 1958. Queen Victoria was still on the throne, FFS!