Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Mrs WRK always asks why I get mnore than one kit of the same aircraft - well here's why. Any of you lot want to take a stab at which countries operated these Jet Provosts? 
20201108_165344.thumb.jpg.21e9ae72964fb3d287484a2fea23fa04.jpg
(I've got another three of the little beauties to go - I might even do one as a RAF machine...
After them, it will be about time for Aldi and Lidl to get in this year's Airfix fúck-ups - I'm kinda hoping for P-40, Zero, even the new tool Tiger Moth. Something I can go a bit daft on colour schemes, at least. 
They are fucking great.

I want them.

15 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Will you hang them from the ceiling with thread or throw them out your bedroom window?

Strangely enough, there are about thirty hanging from my Office ceiling. It would be more likely to be Mrs WRK chucking them out of windows, but in fairness the cat's destroyed far more over the years than she has.

9 hours ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

They are fucking great.

I want them.

Thank You,kind sir.

If you want to have a go, Aldi have just put out a load of starter sets, including the jet provost in the picture, at £4.99 instead of a tenner. There's a spitfire, Messerschmidt, and Focke-Wulf 190 as well. All from last year's selection, but fun little builds anyway. They all come with cement, paints, and a brush, so you don't have to spend a load straight away. Most homes will have something to use for the majority of jobs - sandpaper, cutters (nail-clippers will do0, craft knife (even a Stanley, although somewhat clumsy), and you get the satisfaction of a recognisable end product.

To produce these three, mind, I used:

eight different Tamiya acrylic paints with associated thinners.

Revell liquid and Tamiya extra-thin cement

Flory dark Grey wash (To bring up the panel lines)

Klear polish (actually an acrylic gloss varnish, for canopies and finishing coat)

Various sanding sticks, cutters to remove parts from sprue, files, filler (very little, tbf), a couple of sharp scalpels, masking tape.

Oh, and a sheet of decals (transfers) featuring about ten different aircraft - that was eight quid on its own.

Oh, and for painting I have three airbrushes and a compressor, which cost about three hundred quid altogether.

All the above last for ages, mind, apart from some paints like blacks and camouflage colours, so it really is a pretty cheap hobby. Or so I tell Mrs WRK..

Thank You,kind sir.
If you want to have a go, Aldi have just put out a load of starter sets, including the jet provost in the picture, at £4.99 instead of a tenner. There's a spitfire, Messerschmidt, and Focke-Wulf 190 as well. All from last year's selection, but fun little builds anyway. They all come with cement, paints, and a brush, so you don't have to spend a load straight away. Most homes will have something to use for the majority of jobs - sandpaper, cutters (nail-clippers will do0, craft knife (even a Stanley, although somewhat clumsy), and you get the satisfaction of a recognisable end product.
Klear polish (actually an acrylic gloss varnish, for canopies and finishing coat)
Various sanding sticks, cutters to remove parts from sprue, files, filler (very little, tbf), a couple of sharp scalpels, masking tape.
Oh, and a sheet of decals (transfers) featuring about ten different aircraft - that was eight quid on its own.
Oh, and for painting I have three airbrushes and a compressor, which cost about three hundred quid altogether.
All the above last for ages, mind, apart from some paints like blacks and camouflage colours, so it really is a pretty cheap hobby. Or so I tell Mrs WRK..
Cheers I'm going to have a wee nosey in Aldi later on [emoji2]

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Thank You,kind sir.

I recall making this, the Bv 141 when I was a kid.

See the source image

28 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

See the source image

19 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Looks like a Friday afternoon effort at the plane factory.

(as did my grammar hence the edit!)

Blohm & Voss were definitely pioneers in whatever substance abuse became rife in the Reich aerospace industry during WWII.

I wouldn't mind revisiting a few subjects from my younger days (not necessarily the actual kits, as modern toolings are far superior), but masking that canopy would be more of a job than a joy. Es[pecially as I've got this wee beauty nosing its way towards the front of the build queue..

114412-10911-pristine.thumb.jpg.90b3b87474fa90ab68a6191620bda23f.jpg

..whiuch is quite the canopy, and then..

mPDjTt8pcR5m7qc-McdycpjCH8PNaCtPs_BeZV9ln0BPIR6ogbSWa__PRNbbF_9KDh8U2-ENE_6LJsuoV5wAt67jAj4dXu0Ffn01CoWa0S087l9xxtOn0g.jpg.e9eba2b4badb1dcef92968572551c355.jpg

Still, at least it's in a bigger scale, so my clumsy fingers and foggy eyes should be able to cope alright.

On 09/11/2020 at 01:05, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Mrs WRK always asks why I get mnore than one kit of the same aircraft - well here's why. Any of you lot want to take a stab at which countries operated these Jet Provosts? 

20201108_165344.thumb.jpg.21e9ae72964fb3d287484a2fea23fa04.jpg

(I've got another three of the little beauties to go - I might even do one as a RAF machine...

After them, it will be about time for Aldi and Lidl to get in this year's Airfix fúck-ups - I'm kinda hoping for P-40, Zero, even the new tool Tiger Moth. Something I can go a bit daft on colour schemes, at least. 

7 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

See the source image

Not bad I suppose but I made this a few years ago after trading a load of tickets I won in the amusements at Strathclyde Park for the kit:

Screenshot_20201111-013324_Gallery.jpg

56 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I was reading this Wikipedia page earlier:

List of nicknames used by Donald Trump

Quite a comprehensive list. My favourites are probably Nancy Antoinette for Pelosi or Watermelon Head for Adam Schiff.

adam-schiff.thumb.jpg.4c7b0dbc403cd88ae0a32cee4e17fb2b.jpg

Little rocket man for Kim and No Talent Samantha Bee for me 

6 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Chewin the Fats’ Neds go magnet fishing in the Clyde. What could possibly go wrong? 

ps. How does a magnet pick up a rock? 🤔

Iron mineral content in the rocks?

23 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

See the source image

I've got one of those - that's the 1/48 scale. Airfix had one in 1/72 but to get the wings to fit to the cockpit they had to mould the rear gunner with no legs!