Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

12 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
12 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
Nah. Fucking waste of time and they leave around a horrible amount of waste that doesn't break down for fucking years.

Well fight me then.

I easily WIN this fight. The OBSERVERS even thought I won. I am the greatest. 

Could take them or leave them, anyone watching fireworks still experiencing the same joy after a few of them, as they did for the first one probably isn't particularly intelligent. 

Also, I have a 3 month old that kept waking up because of them meaning I had to deal with a screaming mess all night. So fireworks can absolutely get banned right now. Until such times as the wean meets the criteria above. 

6 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Fireworks are clearly for animal haters.

This, a lot of animals are terrified by them, probably be more tonight and tomorrow as well. My cat doesn't seem to bother, probably because he's used to heavy machine gun fire from Barry Buddon.

15 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

FB_IMG_1604602409721.thumb.jpg.a7f899795381000b4e373c4b308a0990.jpg

Fireworks should only be used for taking photos of the most beautiful city in Scotland - Dundee. 

Thank you. 

Or to put it another way, Dundee should only be photographed at night.

17 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
17 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
I think fireworks in their correct context, which is organised display of the great big fuckoff ones, are beautiful and mesmerising.

I also think that a 12 pack of rockets and a couple of shitey Catherine wheels in every second back garden, for 3 nights either side of November 5th can f**k all the way off. Absolutely no need to sell these things to the public, who absolutely cannot act responsibly with them, and other folk shouldnt have to listen to your cheap pathetic display either.

Nah. Fucking waste of time and they leave around a horrible amount of waste that doesn't break down for fucking years.

You're confusing fireworks with Old Firm supporters.

As an auld man I know I should tut and say how terrible all these fires and fireworks are but out and about last night on the way home after working late, it was uplifting to see how much enjoyment the youngsters were getting from the carnage. Went past one fire in Sighthill and it must have been about 30ft high. Looked like opening credits of Shameless.

Used to love bonfire night growing up. Massive bonfire in Bishopmill which was mostly tyres. Built over the course of a few days and guarded at night to stop the Lesmurdie or New Elgin scum setting it on fire (whilst of course we tried to set their ones on fire). Bags of aerosols thrown on towards the end of the night of course. Melted bike tyres the next day cycling through the embers. Jumpers for goalposts. Marvellous.

18 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

FB_IMG_1604602409721.thumb.jpg.a7f899795381000b4e373c4b308a0990.jpg

Fireworks should only be used for taking photos of the most beautiful city in Scotland - Dundee. 

Thank you. 

The 100 year anniversary of the Tay Rail Bridge in1987 had a spectacular display from a train moving over the bridge.  Sadly no available photos do it justice.  

Yours is fantastic, I’d happily buy a print of that.