Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Just now, The Naitch said:

No judgement here. I've just bought my first flat so the things I'll be doing to keep up the mortgage payments will be questionable at best.

Going by Shandon Par, advertising on P&B is quite lucrative.

Saw this tweet, really striking rise in a relatively short time period. 

Not sure what it tells us but found it interesting. I saw it a couple of days after reading this article about mental health and medication - https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/04/08/the-challenge-of-going-off-psychiatric-drugs

Edited by ICTChris

It'll be different for everyone, obviously, but I've found antidepressants to be a wonderful buffer against the horrific nightmare of everyday life, consciousness in general, and the crushing inevitability of the void that renders everyone and everything utterly meaningless.

Oh, and Bad Lip Reading on YouTube. That's pretty cool too.

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Saw this tweet, really striking rise in a relatively short time period. 

Not sure what it tells us but found it interesting. I saw it a couple of days after reading this article about mental health and medication - https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/04/08/the-challenge-of-going-off-psychiatric-drugs

My opinion, and it is only that, is that it tells us Doctors throw meds at it, and will continue to do so  whilst we are treating symptoms not causes, and again IMO, that wont change because employers and the govt in concert will never change the rat race society we endure. I wholeheartedly blame the British workplace/working environment and conditions for this crisis.

6 hours ago, BFTD said:

It'll be different for everyone, obviously, but I've found antidepressants to be a wonderful buffer against the horrific nightmare of everyday life, consciousness in general, and the crushing inevitability of the void that renders everyone and everything utterly meaningless.

Oh, and Bad Lip Reading on YouTube. That's pretty cool too.

I found Disco Purrfection Versions of music.  On quiet Mondays, when the wife and kids are away doing there thing, I would drink myself senseless.  Now I have Disco in my own living room, while drinking senseless, smiling.   Little steps they say, well I've gone full freestyle.  

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

My opinion, and it is only that, is that it tells us Doctors throw meds at it, and will continue to do so  whilst we are treating symptoms not causes, and again IMO, that wont change because employers and the govt in concert will never change the rat race society we endure. I wholeheartedly blame the British workplace/working environment and conditions for this crisis.

That and free pens and calendars for GPs.