Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'll give you tired and cynical. I'm sunshine personified compared to some.

Pretty sure I’m still part of the young team at my work. Anyway, I assume you have witnessed wave upon wave of private sector ‘thrusters’ (as my boss would say) coming in over the years as part of some outsourcing programme, promising the earth but ultimately doing f**k all and legging it when they realise the CS is a complex beast best managed by the folk who actually get it.

Just now, Snobot said:

Pretty sure I’m still part of the young team at my work. Anyway, I assume you have witnessed wave upon wave of private sector ‘thrusters’ (as my boss would say) coming in over the years as part of some outsourcing programme, promising the earth but ultimately doing f**k all and legging it when they realise the CS is a complex beast best managed by the folk who actually get it.

In both stints, first for 20 years and about 13 in this one, I had another spell in an outsourced department for 3ish as well. Most things are cyclical in a way, huge recruitment exercises followed by downsizing, rinse and repeat. Managerial styles changing but delivery never quite implemented properly etc etc.

11 minutes ago, Snobot said:

We had a mad HR bitch who came in from private industry and thought the two full time Union officials were there to do her bidding instead of working in partnership.

She lasted about two years 

14 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Of course I was practically a "boy soldier" at 16 and a few months. I qualified for luncheon vouchers, 15p a day, so pieces were unnecessary. 

Aye, but did you spend them on food?

cynthia.jpg

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Having never seen it before, I've now been watching Steph's Packed Lunch for five minutes.

giphy.gif

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/steph-mcgovern-packed-lunch-new-show-channel-4-viewing-figures-b595579.html