Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

For those of us in our 6th or 7th decade and with gnarled toenails these 'Ultra Wide Jaw Opening Nail Clippers' are absolutely brilliant.

nail.thumb.jpg.b098034ec1c82e5a0713649a100353d8.jpg

About £14 on Amazon plus delivery I'll be amazed if you don't come back and thank me:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07D2863XZ/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

13 hours ago, buchan30 said:

I have obviously put this in the freezer to quickly chill it one day and have just completely forgotten about it.
I am not opening that until it has thawed out, if at all.

64996437584__06DDE87D-2821-4994-9FCE-5C29C4444A96.jpg

It’s a fucker when that happens. When it thaws out it’s flatter than a witch’s tit. 

14 hours ago, buchan30 said:

I have obviously put this in the freezer to quickly chill it one day and have just completely forgotten about it.
I am not opening that until it has thawed out, if at all.

64996437584__06DDE87D-2821-4994-9FCE-5C29C4444A96.jpg

I wouldn't even bother thawing it, I'd go throw it through someone's window and run away 

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Done slightly too much vertical drinking and bought a soft top for my car in the boozer last night.

Used to be DVDs folk sold in the pub, but I guess they had to diversify following the popularity of streaming.

Used to be DVDs folk sold in the pub, but I guess they had to diversify following the popularity of streaming.

I once watched someone wheel a trolley of steak from morrisons into a pub in Perth and was punting a sirloin for £1 and a Rump for 50p.

The police arrested him almost immediately. Turned out he’d wheeled a trolley into Morrisons, filled it with steak and ran away out the door with it.

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I once watched someone wheel a trolley of steak from morrisons into a pub in Perth and was punting a sirloin for £1 and a Rump for 50p.

The police arrested him almost immediately.

Police steak-out

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

The police arrested him almost immediately. Turned out he’d wheeled a trolley into Morrisons, filled it with steak and ran away out the door with it.

Robbin' Food

19 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

The pub I used to drink in there was a Chinese guy came in on a Sunday. Was absolutely superb to watch the old regulars haggling with him, seeking reviews, quibbling over the quality of last weeks purchases etc. And the occasional attempt at subtly asking him for the X rated collection..... Poor lad didn't speak a lot of English but always came away looking by far the most bewildered after his jousts with the pensioners.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Used to drink in a pub where a guy who worked at the meat factory would pull steaks out of his inside pocket to sell to the punters. The meat factory was 2 hours walk away and the steaks weren't wrapped or anything. Sure they were lovely though. 

On 04/08/2021 at 14:06, Shandon Par said:

I just couldn’t control it. Signed off with a 14 day bender that resulted in all sorts of serious bother so for the sake of marriage, life etc thought 40 was a good age to retire from it. Feel like it has added a few years back and I can still train and more than hold my own against boys half my age. 

Just catching up on this thread.

Excellent. Well done Shandon. I too was in a similar situation, it is really difficult to start this due to peer pressure etc (The 'Tak a drink' stuff). But this long in, it becomes easier. Congrats mate. 

I used to be a regular in a pub near my old work and one xmas Eve was helping the landlord carry a massive box of nicked designer jumpers and jackets into the cellar. We’d just got to the bottom of the stairs when my mate who was left upstairs to watch shouted down that’s the polis in to see you. Just as well we didn’t reply with our immediate reaction which was that he was winding us up.  They were in for their traditional bottle to “not notice the lock ins. “