Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

0_SWNS_STOLEN_BIKES_02.jpg

Man caught with 'massive stash of bikes' in back garden by Google Earth

Detectives discovered the allegedly stolen bicycles at a property in Littlemore, Oxford, with a pile so big in the back garden that it could be seen on Google Earth

0_Bike-thief-caught-with-massive-stash-i

Officers visited the house on Giles Road last Thursday when they spotted what looked like hundreds of bikes.

BirdsEye photos of the garden show it full to the brim with bicycles while the grass is barely visible.

A 54-year-old man who lived at the house was arrested on suspicion of handling stolen goods and possession of the criminal property.

He was later released under investigation.

Neighbours told how police were at the address sorting through hundreds of bikes.

The wheels can be seen on Google Maps satellite images filling the garden

4 hours ago, bennett said:

Detectives discovered the allegedly stolen bicycles at a property in Littlemore, Oxford, with a pile so big in the back garden that it could be seen on Google Earth

Officers visited the house on Giles Road last Thursday when they spotted what looked like hundreds of bikes.

BirdsEye photos of the garden show it full to the brim with bicycles while the grass is barely visible.

A 54-year-old man who lived at the house was arrested on suspicion of handling stolen goods and possession of the criminal property.

Neighbours told how police were at the address sorting through hundreds of bikes.

I always thought defunded the police was a bad idea but I’m fully on board when Google earth is more effective at finding a criminal. 

2 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I always thought defunded the police was a bad idea but I’m fully on board when Google earth is more effective at finding a criminal. 

I'm not buying it that none of the neighbours noticed anything.  

9 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Could be almost anyone from Alloa on the podium then.......................

You're on notice, funny man  :angry:

Edit: I saw the banner (sash?) up by the Shillinghill roundabout - looks like somebody's paid for about a dozen Rangers players from the Nineties/Aughts to come along and reminisce about the old days of defrauding the tax man.

Guaranteed everything in the town centre will get vandalised with "WE'RE NOT DEAD!" shite again.

Edited by BFTD

10 hours ago, bennett said:

Somebody once posted on here that to get fit he was going to cycle to work and walk home every day. (He clearly hadn't thought it through.) Maybe this guy does it the other way round.

Been working with two students in their early 20s of late and have noticed that neither can write in cursive.  Thought the first one might just have been some form of language disorder, but the second has me wondering if it's more of a wider Gen Z thing?

One of them didn't even have a signature for his timesheet.  He just wrote his name in non-cursive form.   :huh:

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Been working with two students in their early 20s of late and have noticed that neither can write in cursive.  Thought the first one might just have been some form of language disorder, but the second has me wondering if it's more of a wider Gen Z thing?

One of them didn't even have a signature for his timesheet.  He just wrote his name in non-cursive form.   :huh:

I was taught joined up writing at primary school so not a GenZ thing