Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

11 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Here is a poem Ryan Giggs wrote for his ex-girlfriend, who he is currently on trial for assaulting and displaying coercive and controlling behaviour to.

236C97AA-6433-4A49-A685-DE3A5F14F130.png

"My greatest ever coo"

500_F_91117619_2Cz9OFzpeTvpmfmU9iRXjY4ec

11 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Here is a poem Ryan Giggs wrote for his ex-girlfriend, who he is currently on trial for assaulting and displaying coercive and controlling behaviour to.

"Those pictures you send so I can keep tabs"

200.gif

12 hours ago, ICTChris said:

He should get the jail for that alone

24 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Forty four years ago today, this happened in Edinburgh.

‘While they were waiting at a bus stop in Clermiston, Mr and Mrs Daniel Thirsty were threatened by Mr Robert Clear. “He demanded that I give him my wife’s purse,” said Mr Thirsty. “Telling him that the purse was in her basket, I bent down, put my hands up her skirt, detached her artificial leg and hit him over the head with it. It was not my intention to do anything more than frighten him off, but, unhappily for us all, he died.’

I'd love it if it was true but I was living in Edinburgh in 1978 and it's not something you'd forget. John Julius Norwich sent it out on a jokey Christmas newsletter thing apparently. 

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/unpredictable-pleasures-

30 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Met a German lass (wid, natürlich) whose name was Ogilvie. Apparently her ancestors emigrated to Germany in the 1300s. I thought that was quite interesting so decided to share it with P&B.

Apparently Scots were known for itinerant trading, or pedlars, and naughty children around Danzig were told to behave or the Schotte would get them. 

14 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Apparently Scots were known for itinerant trading, or pedlars, and naughty children around Danzig were told to behave or the Schotte would get them. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nowe_Szkoty

There were something like 40,000 Scots settled in the Baltic region during the 17th century IIRC, and thousands more fought there as mercenaries. An overlooked part of our emigration story. 

Edited by vikingTON

Tell you what, the saddest thing I've ever seen in my life I just witnessed this morning.

Boy racers get bad stick - as do the football 'casuals' but they're nowhere near as bad as the groups of 40/50y.o weirdos who dress in leather waistcoats with made up group names on the back, flannel shirt and 44 inch waist sitting in Sainsbury's car park at 11am on a Sunday wanking each others pistons.

Tell you what, the saddest thing I've ever seen in my life I just witnessed this morning.
Boy racers get bad stick - as do the football 'casuals' but they're nowhere near as bad as the groups of 40/50y.o weirdos who dress in leather waistcoats with made up group names on the back, flannel shirt and 44 inch waist sitting in Sainsbury's car park at 11am on a Sunday wanking each others pistons.
It's cool on TV on American highways.

It's not cool in a Scottish Car Park.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's cool on TV on American highways.

It's not cool in a Scottish Car Park.

They fucked off about ten minutes ago and two boys in BMW bikes have turned up. It's like I'm living in those 'Swole Boys' episodes of Mayans MC. 

Is this a usual Sunday morning thing in Scotland? :lol:

They are a sad bunch, as are most who need to adopt an off-the-shelf identity in later life. However, motorcyclists tend to be much better to deal with than bicyclists.