Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

6 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-66777318

One of the creators of the world's first cloned mammal, Dolly the Sheep, has died at the age of 79.

Professor Sir Ian Wilmut's work, at the Roslin Institute in Edinburgh, laid the foundations for stem cell research.

That technology aims to cure many of the diseases of aging by enabling the body to regenerate damaged tissue.

If only he could have cloned himself.

Every time I hear Dolly the sheep mentioned I always think of...

THERE is a follow-up to the recent Teletext poll which suggested that Dolly the Sheep would make a good manager for Aberdeen. An Aberdeen fan, fed up with current incumbent Ebbe Skovdahl, tells us: ''If we had Dolly for a manager at least we could be sure that the players and fans would get behind her

9 hours ago, superwell87 said:

Wasn't sure where to leave this, but....

Scunthrope v Buxton abandonded in the 96th minute.... to be replayed.

This makes no sense whatsoever. Got to feel for Buxton in this one.

Oooft.

One for the Unpopular Options thread perhaps, but it's not quite as horrendous a decision when one considers that there were still 4 mins to be played given the +10 mins planned, which is a significant amount of time when chasing an outcome-changing result (cf. Livi v St Mirren, SJ v Dundee, & Raith v QP just last weekend).

"Hello mum, hope you get this msg. I've accidentally dropped and smashed my phone, now the screen won't turn on. Can you text me on WhatsApp on 07396776241, this will be my contact for now....x"

I received this SMS 15 mins ago and almost fell for it. Mrs. F_P saved my bacon.

Be careful out there, lads n' lasses.

Fukin mental and I know it’s not true but sitting in a Lanzarote bar about half an hour before the game tonight. A family sitting across from me went to play a game of pool. Halfway through their game the son got a phone call and they all suddenly left. He was an absolute dead ringer for Nathan Patterson.

14 hours ago, GordonD said:

Wasn't there a game in the last two or three years (England women?) which was abandoned with about 15 - 20 minutes to go and the next day they played out just those 20 minutes?

In 52 years of watching fitba I've only seen one game abandoned. Against Falkirk at Bayview due to fog. Falkirk were a goal up at the time. Post match they switched off the floodlights and you immediately got a perfect view of the pitch.

A bit like driving in fog with dipped headlights instead of full beam. 

One of my favourite Primal Scream songs was the single 'Star' from the brilliant album 'Vanishing Point' (1997).

Bobby G. sang the recycled line as the chorus - ''Every brother is a star, every sister is a star''

Question for the knowledgable - Where or whom or what is the connection between this song and the Inverness area?

I'll be back in an hour, greens for anyone with the correct answer or answers (and no cheating).

I dislike feeling my pulse. If I'm trying to sleep and, for example, one of my hands rests on the opposite arm in a way that I can feel my pulse, I need to change sleeping position. I get paranoid that I'll feel my death.

It's especially annoying when I find a comfy sleeping position only to hear/feel it in an ear pressed to the pillow or when my neck is pressed in such a way that I feel it.