17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Twitter does much the same..

one.jpg.72fccbad3c30401e9ea1006d101ef998.jpg

two.thumb.jpg.761d9fdf098688a3ea0a63a3029ee6b3.jpg

three.jpg.ce7585ad1fb3c6bbc2bfc41c231f285e.jpg

That's why I don't install the twitter or facebook apps on my phone, and only use the sites in a browser. For Facebook I use a separate browser only for it. I wear a tin foil hat as well.

On 04/07/2023 at 12:41, Soapy FFC said:

That's why I don't install the twitter or facebook apps on my phone, and only use the sites in a browser. For Facebook I use a separate browser only for it. I wear a tin foil hat as well.

I spent ages trying to delete the Facebook app on my phone, apparently it data trawls your phone whether you activate it or not, or even if you don’t have an account with them. I couldn't find a way. So I gave up and am now Zuckerberg's bitch, Thread linked to my Instagram account, probably Facebook as well, all in the hope that Musk will cry himself to sleep. 

Edited by welshbairn

The worst thing about Twitter is when people with private profiles tweet and it comes up on the comments section that you are unable to see their tweets as the user has limited who can see their content. 

Also when people tweet something but only certain people are allowed to reply. 

Get it to f**k.

On 04/07/2023 at 11:27, Soapy FFC said:

The biggest f**k up with all of this is not allowing tweets to be viewed without being logged in. Given how many public bodies use Twitter to disseminate information, you should not need to create an account with a private company to view that information. I'm completely against being forced to create twitter/Facebook/Instagram  accounts to interact with public organisations.

Agree with this. I went to check the Pars Twitter feed for updates on the friendly from Tuesday and couldn't get anything because, as you say, they now require you to log in. I don't have an account and won't be creating one.

Is Twitter back to normal now?  I'm still using the browser but i haven't seen any rate limit exceeded chat for a couple of days.

I don’t think Twitter needs a rival - Twitter is the platform about content you say/share, Facebook is where you document your actual life events, engage in community pages, keep in touch with old friends etc, Instagram is for photos, tiktok is for children and linked in is for career chat. I don’t think any of them need a rival.

5 hours ago, throbber said:

I don’t think Twitter needs a rival - Twitter is the platform about content you say/share, Facebook is where you document your actual life events, engage in community pages, keep in touch with old friends etc, Instagram is for photos, tiktok is for children and linked in is for career chat. I don’t think any of them need a rival.

What are you for throbber?

9 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

From a brief look, threads appears to be just the "for you" tab of twitter so while I haven't seen ads yet there are just a load of posts by people I don't follow. 

Nope. 

It seems to get better the more people you follow and the more they post. Like its narrowing the field of interest so it can give you more targeted stuff.

On 03/07/2023 at 23:53, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Guilty, TBF my neighbours still don't know who's doing it.

I know shitting in the street isn't uncommon at the weekend once the clubs open, but that seems a little high.

Loving how Argentina and Iran were clearly asked how many of their citizens crapped in front of the neighbours and were too embarrassed to answer.