Unpopular opinions.

I'd suggest Bohemian Rhapsody going to #1 after Freddie Mercury's death has more to do with it being considered one of the all-time best pop songs; it has the emotional attachment for a lot of folk, like Candle in the Wind. Wayne's World just turned the song into a bit of a joke for a while.

39 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Live & Let Die was ruined by the reggae break in the middle, which I can only assume was down to McCartney showing off. 

Paul McCartney died in a car crash in January 1967. Unproven perhaps, but once you acknowledge that, his later career makes a lot more sense.

Can remember watching a programme about Queen and them talking about the These Are the Days of Our Lives video. Saying how Freddie was in excruciating pain throughout the video but refused to stop. In the video you can clearly see a man who's dying.

Quite a sad video to watch knowing how he was feeling. An absolute showman to the death.

I liked Queen’s stuff from the early days all the way through their career including their performance at Live Aid.

Seriously marred by Sun City and Bryan May, an intelligent and educated man, trying to pretend that he didn’t understand what they had done wrong.

Their attempt at making it big in the US but screwing it up with the video of I Want To Break Free is an insight into serious cultural differences.

29 minutes ago, throbber said:

Sweet home Alabama is a shit song.

You sure you've actually heard it? All I ever seem to hear these days is that hilariously bad Kid Rock song.

What do you consider a good song? Big girls by Mika?

I like most songs that are as universally popular as sweet home Alabama but I just think that it’s a pretty bland and average tune. I can understand why people from Alabama and other southern states can see the song as an anthem but I have no idea why it’s so popular this side of the Atlantic Ocean.

Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls is utter drivel. 
I didn't believe this before, but I now feel Mr Brightside is probably the best song to come out in the 00's.
Elvis is very overrated, a has a few good songs. 

Agree on iris.

Mr bright side however can get in the fucking sea.