Unpopular opinions.

Facebook is a blight on society.

International football is (for the most part) uninteresting, boring shite.

The Tartan Army are an absolute embarrassment.

Anyone who holds up the queue at the self service checkouts in supermarkets because they can't use them properly should be dragged outside and beaten to death.

Russell Brand and Ricky Gervais are funny.

Michael McIntyre isn't.

Brunettes are more attractive than blondes.

Agree with 4 an a half out of 7

On another note, taxpayers shouldn't subsidise childcare. If you can't afford to have children, then you shouldn't be having them

On another note, taxpayers shouldn't subsidise childcare. If you can't afford to have children, then you shouldn't be having them

Interesting. I hold the conflicting and probably less popular opinion that new parents should be paid a high percentage of their salary to look after their child in the first year, and a lower percentage for each year until they go to school. Only for the first 2 children though.

I agree with the government's position on university tuition fees, except for allowing students from low income backgrounds to get in for free. The whole point is that they don't have to pay the fees back until they are earning decent money, which means their background is irrelevant.

Women can reduce the probability of being sexually assaulted by wearing less sexually provocative clothing on a night out.

All drugs should be legalised and controlled. It's not for society to tell people they can't screw their lives up if that's what they want to do, and the rest of us might as well get some tax revenue from it.

Scottish independence would be shit. It's already a disgrace that the gaelic language receives public funding, and that sort of nonsense would be far worse if Scotland was independent.

I like John Terry.

I hate Jose Mourinho.

I agree with the government's position on university tuition fees, except for allowing students from low income backgrounds to get in for free. The whole point is that they don't have to pay the fees back until they are earning decent money, which means their background is irrelevant.

How many people set out the exact guidelines of repayment before applying to universities? While the reality may not be demanding it is the perception which is important. That will put people off going to university from poorer backgrounds.

Therefore, their background is relevant to them.

BBC 3 (apart from family guy) shows nothing but shit programmes

People who think "planking" is in anyway funny are retards

Adele's music is nothing but sad songs about her getting dumped and is not really that good.

How many people set out the exact guidelines of repayment before applying to universities? While the reality may not be demanding it is the perception which is important. That will put people off going to university from poorer backgrounds.

Therefore, their background is relevant to them.

People's incorrect perceptions shouldn't be a factor. If people are too thick to understand the basics of how it works, they shouldn't be going to uni anyway.

Another point against it is that it completely discriminates against people from better off backgrounds whose parents don't give them any money to get through uni. Their financial situation is the same as the students from the poor backgrounds.

People's incorrect perceptions shouldn't be a factor.

Well they are. I'm by the way contesting the idea that background is 'irrelevant' rather than the fairness/unfairness of policy (which i also disagree on).

Those calculations rightly or wrongly exist and those people constitute a significant proportion of potential students, it is therefore not at all irrelevant.

Another point against it is that it completely discriminates against people from better off backgrounds whose parents don't give them any money to get through uni. Their financial situation is the same as the students from the poor backgrounds.

Perhaps we should weigh up the benefits of being brought up in a better off background, in terms of education, tutoring, standard of living, social activities etc and then weigh that up against 4 years of state 'discrimination'?

I strongly suspect those students would be paying out an inequality dividend for much of their lives.

Scottish people who support one of the big clubs in England, and have no association or link to them (other than glory hunting), are just as bad as armchair Old Firm fans.

Couldn't agree more, especially the Celtic fans who support Liverpool. Just because you both sing the same song doesn't mean you should support each other.

International football will die out within the next 50 years.

This is just my particular prediction, and it's quite possibly skewed by the fact that I've never been a fan of international football, but I see there being a progression along these lines:

Within the next five or ten years, a player at Barcelona (probably, they've probably got the strongest "club culture", making them prime candidates) will declare himself "retired" from international football before he ever actually gets a cap, probably at about age 17. It'll be someone like Eto'o, a bloke from a poor footballing nation, who knows he'll be several cuts above anyone else who he'll ever play with internationally. Someone from Namibia, or Estonia, who'll be lauded as "the next Messi", and he'll be persuaded by whoever the Barca manager is not to bother with internationals, and just to focus on representing Barcelona.

That, in my opinion, will signal the death knell for International football. More and more players are already retiring younger and younger to prolong their club careers, and once the first "high profile" player declines altogether, loads will follow. Guys who just don't care about "representing their country". There's already very little prestige in playing international football, and the likes of the English guys who play for Scotland won't bother anymore. In the end, you'll end up with it being the second tier of players from some nations (for example, Australia's European based players all basically pack it in because the travelling isn't worth it), and gradually the rest will follow suit.

It's just my opinion, and it might not be unpopular, but that's what I can see happening.

I like international football.

There is just an appeal about it, clubs can be quite mechanical but with a nation it's entirely plausible for them to have three brilliant right wingers and only play one and yet have Sol Bamba in defence. With a club side they are going to be pretty equally strong in all positions.

And it is taking players out their comfort zone, your fellow players and regular surroundings can contribute a lot to a player but give them something new and in an entirely new set up and see how they adapt.

The World Cup final is still the biggest sporting event in the world - there is clearly plenty of appeal. And without it there would be hypotheticals ad nausea, even specific to this country you get to see Old Firm players playing within the same team and for Spain Real Madrid and Barcelona players together.

As I said, to me there is a certain appeal.

Edited by Supras

I don't class soldiers as 'heroes', no matter how many media outlets try and convince me otherwise.

Fully agreed.

And something which I've realised from this thread, people who make "people who wear x = c***s" comments = c***s. Whether x be football tops, skinny jeans a certain type of shoes or whatever.

Brunettes are more attractive than blondes.

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours is in the top 5 albums of all time.

I'd agree with those two

Margaret Thatcher was a really good prime minister.

Mikhail Gorbachev is one of my favourite people of all time.

I don't think the UK should have got involved in the war in Afghanistan at all. I see it as a war which is unwinnable.

Daniel Craig plays a really good James Bond.

Nick Clegg done a great thing iwhen agreeing to join the coalition.

I think prostitution should be legalised.

I think drug should be legalised and taxed.

Governments should get to f**k trying to be health police.

I don't believe women are worse drivers than men.

I didn't like the films Apocalypse Now and A Clockwork Orange.

I like having the constitutional Monarchy system.

While the reality may not be demanding it is the perception which is important.

If you are thick enough not to actually take the 45 seconds to understand your student loans are repayable at a very low rate, triggered only by a decent salary on graduation, you have no business being at University at all.

You told me...

Unless of course, you made that post reeking of resentment by sheer accident.

A non-resentful post would have been:

'While I am unhappy about the current childcare situation and seek reform of the system, I'm glad I'm not in the position of a single-mother who fully deserves access to childcare as well as employment and education opportunities, regardless of financial pressures.'

Or perhaps my post conveyed my feelings towards the system and the levels of support it gives, rather than any resentment to a group of people who may, or may not, deserve it.

Of course, as you clearly know what I was thinking and how I felt from the handful of words I typed, I guess you know already.

5 sessions a week we've been allocated for Thomas from next year when he goes.

Yeah, I think Ethans going 5 sessions a week next year too. Couldnt remember if that had gone up from this year or not, so played safe with 4