Unpopular opinions.

England should be a certainty to host the next world cup they bid for. I could understand the losing to Germany in 2006 but now thats out the way, They are a small country with a spread of large all seater grounds throughout the country and they are all already built & in use ( this should be a requirement for all bids tbh , nae mare of these white elephants in the middle of bastart naewhaur!)their transport infrastructure is at least useable if not the greatest. it’s probably down to corruption and perhaps a reluctance to give one of the wealthiest and most powerful domestic nations any more than what they have already

England should be a certainty to host the next world cup they bid for. I could understand the losing to Germany in 2006 but now thats out the way, They are a small country with a spread of large all seater grounds throughout the country and they are all already built & in use.

Currently England don't have enough appropriate stadia to host a 48-team World Cup.

37 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Currently England don't have enough appropriate stadia to host a 48-team World Cup.

Really? Is it to do with the spread rather than the number, i.e. a city can only have a couple as too many used (like London) would have too many folk in the same city?

Even then they surely have enough stadiums? Even if you restricted it to one stadium per city you'd have London, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds  Newcastle, Sunderland, Nottingham, Birmingham, Sheffield, Middlesbrough, Derby, Leicester and Southampton.

Edited by DA Baracus