Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

We've had some mail for someone by the name of James. 

"I think this guy's a bit of a dodgy b*****d, some of the letters are for 'James' and others are for 'Jim.' I spent the next 20 minutes showing her various celebrities such as Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Carr, Jim Carrey etc to prove that Jim/Jimmy/Jimi are all shortened versions of James. 

Started a new job this week and sat down at an island of desks next to a heavily pregnant woman. She was on the phone to her doctor / husband for about 15 minutes, talking about her inner goings-on. I tried my hardest not to here, but it's hard not to ... especially with phrases such as "I can't take much more of my cervix". 

Started a new job this week and sat down at an island of desks next to a heavily pregnant woman. She was on the phone to her doctor / husband for about 15 minutes, talking about her inner goings-on. I tried my hardest not to here, but it's hard not to ... especially with phrases such as "I can't take much more of my cervix".

Good to know her doctor was at her cervix.

Should tell her its unethical for her husband to also be her doctor

Bought one of those portable charger things that charges phones when you're out and about.

"Look at this cable here, it said it would fit and i-phone, that won't fit my i-phone, we've been conned!" she says, pointing to the cable used to charge the recharger.

"No pet, you use your own i-phone charger to charge your phone, except you plug the USB into the recharger."

"Eh....?"

Cue about ten minutes of practical demonstration until she got it. 

:lol:

"See the name Minnie, what is it short for again?"

"Eh, nothing. It's just a name."

"No, no, it's definitely short for something."

"Like what?"

"Isn't it, like, Minifred?"

Minnie is a diminutive - Winifred, Wilhelmina, Hermione etc

Missus and I started watching the film "What we do in the shadows". It's done in a mockumentary style. Starts off with a vampire talking to camera about his home and his vampire flatmates. The captions on screen mention that he's about 400 years old. It also mentions the film crew are wearing crucifixes etc. "Is this a documentary?" asks the good lady.

Missus and I started watching the film "What we do in the shadows". It's done in a mockumentary style. Starts off with a vampire talking to camera about his home and his vampire flatmates. The captions on screen mention that he's about 400 years old. It also mentions the film crew are wearing crucifixes etc. "Is this a documentary?" asks the good lady.

I hope you did the decent thing and spun that out for as long as possible.

I'm betting she caught on when Vlad was introduced, but I might be giving your missus a bit too much credit there.

I had a great aunt called Minnie, but she's far too dead to ask what her birth name was, alas.

How the f**k does Minnie get to be a diminutive of Mary or Amelia, FFS?   :huh: