The Falkirk FC Thread

I'll post the photo for you, Kris.

image.jpeg

I admire your work in finding a photo where he appears to be of athletic stature.

I appreciate that, thank you. Although I did nail it at about the 5th attempt. 8)

And if it's athleticism you're after, check out this beauty:

NO02xVc.jpg

I've never seen such a leap before. I doubt you have either. You may say otherwise, but you and I both know it'll be a lie.

Alright, he looks a wee bit chubby.

McGinn's playing in the scottish championship for fecks sake. Lets face it if he couldnt look half decent at that level then he'd be aswell packing it in. Arfield has done well at the top level in england which is a million miles ahead of the level McGinns playing at . McGinn shouldnt be anywhere near a scotland shirt till hes shown he can do it week in week out at the very top level.

McGinn's playing in the scottish championship for fecks sake. Lets face it if he couldnt look half decent at that level then he'd be aswell packing it in. Arfield has done well at the top level in england which is a million miles ahead of the level McGinns playing at . McGinn shouldnt be anywhere near a scotland shirt till hes shown he can do it week in week out at the very top level.

:lol:

You may laugh but there's been scores of players that have done well up here and been found out miserably when they've gone down south. Aberdeens got a team full of them for instance. If arfield and mcginn were transferred tomorrow I'd put my house on arfields fee been by far the bigger.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

You may laugh but there's been scores of players that have done well up here and been found out miserably when they've gone down south. Aberdeens got a team full of them for instance. If arfield and mcginn were transferred tomorrow I'd put my house on arfields fee been by far the bigger.

Absolutely no one is calling for McGinn to play for Scotland right now. GS has regularly called young players up to have around the first team to get them used to being apart of the senior squad. Scott Arfield is a decent player but not good enough for Scotland.

Armstrong and Forrest regularly win trophies and play in Europe - as well as regular picks in the Scotland set up. Would calling up Arfield as a wide player be very beneficial? Or why are you comparing the two?

.As for McDonald, have better players never played for teams doing worse than teams with inferior players?

To be honest Arfield has surprised me by how well hes done since he went down south. Hes come on leaps and bounds since moving to Burnley and was one of their better players in the year in the top flight. To me he was worth a shot as much as the likes of Forrest and Armstrong who are struggling in one of the worst celtic sides for a long time and neither are playing at a level as good as the one he is. McDonald has never really hit the heights many thought he would when at Dundee. Arfield to me at present seems to be getting better reports than any of those three. I just feel he deserved a chance and then if he was found out at international level you move on to someone else.

I can see why Arfield hasn't and was never likely to play for Scotland, which isn't really that big a deal, really.

He's a much better player than Forrest (although they're hardly similar type players to be comparing) or Armstrong currently, though, and I'm a big fan of Armstrong. Armstrong would be as well trying to get down south as quickly as possible and start testing himself against a better standard of player. I've not seen as much of McDonald recently, but I'd say he's better than Arfield, anyway.