The Falkirk FC Thread

Christ how long does it take to log on to a feckin website and buy a ticket. Took me two mins. The only sensible complaint i can see is that if your a south stander you might have to sit in the main stand. Otherwise anyone desperate for a ticket should get one.

Christ how long does it take to log on to a feckin website and buy a ticket. Took me two mins. The only sensible complaint i can see is that if your a south stander you might have to sit in the main stand. Otherwise anyone desperate for a ticket should get one.

I tried for hours to get online and the fuckin thing kept kicking me out. Had to go down to the stadium and stood for 2 hours in the queue. By the time I got them there were no SS tickets left so we'll need to sit in the main. Can't say I'm happy about that, especially as a ST holder,

I tried for hours to get online and the fuckin thing kept kicking me out. Had to go down to the stadium and stood for 2 hours in the queue. By the time I got them there were no SS tickets left so we'll need to sit in the main. Can't say I'm happy about that, especially as a ST holder,

Can only sympathise with you mate, I know plenty others in the same boat

I was all for unreserved seating but As from next season, South Stand should be reserved. It's only fair for the punters who are there EVERY week

Online sales now suspended.

I'm sorry, you can dress it up however you like but season ticket holders are - in the main - the guys that are there week in week out, away from home etc. They have been absolutely shafted by the club here.

I saw a lassy I went to school with there hovering up tickets and I know for a fact she's no been at a football game in her life.

It's generally accepted and common practice that season ticket holders get priority for high demand matches like this. In fact, I can't remember a time apart from the last two matches that the club haven't done that!

Why in this day and age can season ticket holders not get their cards activated for games like this. Surely should be straight forward enough to have the cards linked to credit cards so that the cash can be taken off and the card activated by a simple phonecall. We still seem to be in the dark ages when it comes to this sort of thing.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Do Falkirk reckon they'll sell out the end behind the goals at Killie? Especially if they're still in the tie, which you'd expect.

Could be some bounce.

These kind of events are an absolute nightmare for clubs to try to organise to be fair. The playoffs are great for football at this level and I'm delighted that we finally have them but they are an administrative nightmare. Particularly for clubs that don't print their own tickets (I'm presuming Falkirk do). We print our own normal match tickets but for big games which need specific allocated seating we need to outsource the printing. For a playoff game beyond the first one it's a nightmare and I've every sympathy for the staff at Falkirk trying to cope.

Last season we got 8,000 tickets printed for a potential playoff game v Hibs in case we knocked out Rangers and had to shred them after being edged out. Had we won the tie they would have been on sale the next morning for a tie taking place three days later. We had worked out a scheme to give season ticket holders a short buying period of exclusivity but it was far from ideal and was going to mean them having to come in and buy on a Monday morning (working hours). At least your second leg being a Friday night meant you were able to buy at the weekend. We played Rangers on a Sunday with the next tie to be played on the Wednesday night. And we'd have had to sell the away leg tickets as soon as that was passed too. It's a crazy period especially if your club isn't over-endowed with admin employees. I don't know to what extent it's true of Falkirk but we rely on a lot of volunteer assistance to work matchdays and sell tickets, etc. Almost all those people have other jobs weekdays. So if Falkirk were just trying to get tickets sold as quickly as possible then I have an awful lot of sympathy for them!

I've got every sympathy with the club as well and most of what you say will be true for Falkirk too, SD.

I just think that having a 24 hr period for ST holders to secure a seat before going on public sale was be right thing to do.

Apart from anything else it would have spread the sheer volume of people at the ticket office down over the weekend instead of the panicked free for all that we saw today.

I'm sure there'll be enough to go around for everyone who desperately wants one but I don't think it's been particularly well handled. I think the club realise that too given they've now declared that ST holders will have priority for the second leg tickets.

I saw a lassy I went to school with there hovering up tickets and I know for a fact she's no been at a football game in her life.

Although your other points are perfectly valid, this doesn't necessarily mean she'll be at the game? Could easily be buying tickets for friends/family.

Although your other points are perfectly valid, this doesn't necessarily mean she'll be at the game? Could easily be buying tickets for friends/family.

Yeah you could be right. I just personally don't like her so she annoyed me by just being there.

I agree and have sympathy for staff at the club and it can't be easy sorting it out I just think one day for ST holders wud have been fair. Some ST holders in the south stand on twitter saying they haven't managed to get tickets which dusni seem right.

Do Falkirk reckon they'll sell out the end behind the goals at Killie? Especially if they're still in the tie, which you'd expect.

Could be some bounce.

I think we won't be far off especially if we have a lead

Quick question: I ordered my tickets online today and everything seemed hunky dory. However, I've not received a email confirming the purchase, does this mean that the tickets have not been purchased or is the system really slow due to the high demand and the email will be sent later?