The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Houston basically said on ffctv doubt if anything will happen in January. Nothing out so nothing in

He needs to go now then. Any manager worth his salt would be punting out some of these players one way or another. Whether it's on a 2 for 1 basis or something similar. We'll be lucky to make the playoffs and I can't see many fans buying season tickets next year if we have another 4 months of this turgid pish. His signings have dragged us down and it's up to him to get it fixed or ship out.

He needs to go now then. Any manager worth his salt would be punting out some of these players one way or another. Whether it's on a 2 for 1 basis or something similar. We'll be lucky to make the playoffs and I can't see many fans buying season tickets next year if we have another 4 months of this turgid pish. His signings have dragged us down and it's up to him to get it fixed or ship out.

He needs to go because he'll struggle to get rid of players mid season? Alrighty then.

26 minutes ago, Trump said:

He needs to go because he'll struggle to get rid of players mid season? Alrighty then.

Players he should never have signed. He's not been left in this situation by another manager. His recruitment has been awful and he needs to fix it or the seasons virtually a right off . If we don't freshen things up we'll be lucky to end up 4th the way we're playing. The bod surely can't be happy with current performances and don't have the confidence to back him with any more cash so to me he either changes things or holds his hands up and moves on.

It's another opportunity wasted. Next season we won't have 400k in prize money and 3000 odds  season tickets sold. The budget will be cut due to us pishing the extra cash available this season on crap like craigen,Rankin and Kidd. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Players he should never have signed. He's not been left in this situation by another manager. His recruitment has been awful and he needs to fix it or the seasons virtually a right off . If we don't freshen things up we'll be lucky to end up 4th the way we're playing. The bod surely can't be happy with current performances and don't have the confidence to back him with any more cash so to me he either changes things or holds his hands up and moves on.

It's another opportunity wasted. Next season we won't have 400k in prize money and 3000 odds  season tickets sold. The budget will be cut due to us pishing the extra cash available this season on crap like craigen,Rankin and Kidd. 

Im not disputing his poor dealings with recruitment. I think you underestimate the ability to offload bang average championship players on relatively decent money mid season though.

What sort of wage does anyone think Kidd or Craigen in commanding ffs. We need squad players. We dont have a Vaulks or an Alston, of course that is a problem, but having Craigens and Kidds in the squad is neccessary.

More signings required, and a marquee one particularly but this constant laying the boot in, particularly with Kidd who despite never being sold as anything more than a squad player has rarely put a foot wrong and was invlived in our last winning run is fucking tedious.

Muirhead was fucking DROSS on Saturday. Anyone who continues to silently accept that in the team whilst continuing the public berating of Lewis Kidd needs their head checked.

Embarrassing stuff sometimes. Aye fine bemoan the lack of a replacement for either of the talismanic players we lost, but someone goin tell me a few names who could do their jobs that we could afford?

Don't know about Craigen but I'm led to believe Kidd is on £600 p/w. And we paid a transfer fee for him.

If you can't replace with the same quality you strengthen the team as a whole. We can't afford a replacement for Vaulks as good as he is so you use the cash to strengthen the whole team. Get a decent right sided player in. Get someone with legs in the middle of the park. Sign a right back that's going to play every week instead of Muirhead.  Obviously the manager doesn't rate kidd either or he'd be playing. Sign better players in areas we're struggling in and then the players we have there become the squad players instead of signing poorer players which give you extra bodies but our first team is weaker. The likes of Rankin and craigen have been so bad they've highlighted the loss of Vaulks and Alston. Craigen can't even make the bench for God's sake.

If you can't replace with the same quality you strengthen the team as a whole. We can't afford a replacement for Vaulks as good as he is so you use the cash to strengthen the whole team. Get a decent right sided player in. Get someone with legs in the middle of the park. Sign a right back that's going to play every week instead of Muirhead.  Obviously the manager doesn't rate kidd either or he'd be playing. Sign better players in areas we're struggling in and then the players we have there become the squad players instead of signing poorer players which give you extra bodies but our first team is weaker. The likes of Rankin and craigen have been so bad they've highlighted the loss of Vaulks and Alston. Craigen can't even make the bench for God's sake.

Kidd has been injured.

Not convinced the Board will give him the money to pay up the contracts of those he wants shot of. That would mean investing in the team. We all know that ain't going to happen.

The play offs were the worst thing we could have in terms of our Boards mentality. It means they can basically plod away every year spending the least they can get away with

Why  not a swap deal then

We could punt a couple that haven't worked out for us and take one or two that haven't worked out somewhere else.Couldn't be any worse than craigen or Rankin have been. Let's face it no change and you can basically forget anything apart from a fight for probably 4th.

Why  not a swap deal then
 We could punt a couple that haven't worked out for us and take one or two that haven't worked out somewhere else.Couldn't be any worse than craigen or Rankin have been. Let's face it no change and you can basically forget anything apart from a fight for probably 4th.

Swap deal?

Who the f**k is going to want Craigen, Rankin, Shepherd etc...?

The only one who I could see anyone being interested in would be Paul Watson but even then I'm not sure where he could go. St. Mirren maybe? And I can only imagine how bad their unwanted shite is.

I'm assuming Craigen signed a 2 year deal in the summer? Absolute fucking imposter.

With the size of squad we've got I don't think it's an absolute necessity that we get more players in, in January but we really need to find a formation to fit the players rather than the other way around. If we can get another option in the middle of the park and a proper option wide right then great but if not we've got more than enough players here to be able to make something work. Houston just needs to stop being so stubborn when it comes to certain players and formations.

31 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

From a neutral standpoint I would be astonished if Falkirk make the playoffs. They are probably the fifth or sixth best in the league.

Normally I would say we'd really struggle but the standard from top to bottom is so poor this year that I'd still fancy our chances to get at least 4th. I haven't been impressed by anyone including ourselves.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

What sort of wage does anyone think Kidd or Craigen in commanding ffs. We need squad players. We dont have a Vaulks or an Alston, of course that is a problem, but having Craigens and Kidds in the squad is neccessary.

More signings required, and a marquee one particularly but this constant laying the boot in, particularly with Kidd who despite never being sold as anything more than a squad player has rarely put a foot wrong and was invlived in our last winning run is fucking tedious.

Muirhead was fucking DROSS on Saturday. Anyone who continues to silently accept that in the team whilst continuing the public berating of Lewis Kidd needs their head checked.

Embarrassing stuff sometimes. Aye fine bemoan the lack of a replacement for either of the talismanic players we lost, but someone goin tell me a few names who could do their jobs that we could afford?

was wondering this myself, for the whole team actualy now obviously it wont be superstar money we all know that but if these guys are happy to be squad players at a mid table provincial Scottish championship club it must be enough for them to be comfortable otherwise theyd be busting a gut to get noticed and get a move

I personally think the way to go is a 3 5 2. I have though this from the start of the season as have many others. It seems to be making more and more sense now with the personnel we have.

I want to see Nathan Austin given a run in the team too.

With the abundance of centre backs we have and total lack of width (Hippo aside) 3-5-2 is really the only formation that makes any sense with the squad Houstons assembled. Even then it would only work with Kidd as right wing back.

That summer can't come quick enough so we can hopefully clear out most of this squad. We should be going with quality not quantity with building our squad and looking to supplement the first team with our under 20s.

4 hours ago, Russ said:

Swap deal?

Who the f**k is going to want Craigen, Rankin, Shepherd etc...?

The only one who I could see anyone being interested in would be Paul Watson but even then I'm not sure where he could go. St. Mirren maybe? And I can only imagine how bad their unwanted shite is.

I'm assuming Craigen signed a 2 year deal in the summer? Absolute fucking imposter.

With the size of squad we've got I don't think it's an absolute necessity that we get more players in, in January but we really need to find a formation to fit the players rather than the other way around. If we can get another option in the middle of the park and a proper option wide right then great but if not we've got more than enough players here to be able to make something work. Houston just needs to stop being so stubborn when it comes to certain players and formations.

Both craigen and Kidd were first team regulars at Raith and Queens before we got hold of them. Wouldn't be that remarkable for teams like them to be interested in taking them back surely . I'm not sure there is an ideal formation for a squad full of one paced plodder to be honest. 

Both craigen and Kidd were first team regulars at Raith and Queens before we got hold of them. Wouldn't be that remarkable for teams like them to be interested in taking them back surely . I'm not sure there is an ideal formation for a squad full of one paced plodder to be honest. 

Do you remember back when Craigen signed that PCA with you guys, I was the first to say he wouldn't fit in with your style of play..? You normally like to move the ball about quickly. He slows everything right down. Most Rovers fans were delighted to see the back of him. We don't want him back. Cheers