The Falkirk FC Thread

I don't think changing managers at this stage of the season when we are in a play off spot and having to compensate Houston is the right going to do. You do let's move on

You will have to pay him up at any time. He has a years rolling contract.

If he is here at ST selling time loads will not renew

I think Houston has earned the right to take Falkirk to the end of the season. I would rather we were a better team to watch I think we are slow dull and predictable, Muirhead is one of the worst passers of the ball I have seen he makes Joe Mclaughlan seem like Beckenbauer but there doesn't seem to be any great candidates out there that could improve us.

Apologies didn't appreciate the rolling contract. However I'd still stick with him given we are in a play off spot. And you are right about one thing I won't be renewing my season ticket unless our type of play improves

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He got a two year extension in January, it's not a rolling contract. 

I don't think changing managers at this stage of the season when we are in a play off spot and having to compensate Houston is the right going to do. You do let's move on

Changing managers is 100% the right thing to do. We have no hope of going up through the playoffs so let's give someone the chance to prep for the aim of going up through winning the league now.

Has our Peter got the ability to have us stay in fourth position? If not get someone else in. I am sick of our tactics this season. We are boring to watch and full of old deadwood. For the first time in a long time I and many others are finding excuses not to go even though we have season tickets. The attendances show improvement but that's because they count pay in advance. Something needs to change and drastically

5 hours ago, Super Tuesday said:

Has Yogi got multiple accounts on here?

Why on earth would a fan of our club want him back after the long lasting damage he did?

I understand how you get different opinions of ex managers and how they left, like McCall, and how it divides a support, but how the hell Hughes still has some supporters baffles me.

I posted pre Hughes coming back as Hibs manager post leaving us that I reckoned one day he will be back as manager. I got the never and madness replies but in football, time is definetly a healer and  previous is quickly forgotten. I still think there is a good chance he will, but not at this current moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was still on the Inverness pay roll for his pay off.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Every other club in our league seems to take firm advantage of the loan system except us. Surely we need to start considering using this a lot more. Morton had nesbitt and Lindsay on loan from celtic who were two of their better players. At least with 6 month loan deals you can punt them back to their own club if they turn out shit instead of them being stuck on 2 year deals. Houston seems to prefer signing journeymen jobber instead of using the loan system and I'm afraid it ain't working.

I've said from day one and probably previous managers that we don't abuse the loan system like others. A goalkeeper is a waste for me, yep he is decent but we could easily have decent as our own.

The Morton pressing yesterday even at 2-0 up was all there to see, we have no fight in us, no hunger and the togetherness we had last season has gone and perhaps the bigger pool of first team players has killed that. 

We won't sack Houston but we could do with sacking a few players and mainly the summer signings

but there doesn't seem to be any great candidates out there that could improve us.

I really don't understand statements like this. How do you know this? Not just for the fact that it would almost be impossible not to improve us but we've no idea who would be interested in managing us.

What we should be doing is getting rid of Houston then advertising the job and going from there. Whether the board will make the correct appointment or not is a different matter but we need change.

Overall we were pretty abject yesterday. Factoring out the defensive pairing cock up I was fairly happy with the line up and formation given it should have given Craigen an opportunity to show what he was all about..as it turns out he's pretty much up to feck all! However, if you were to bring back in Grant/one other at CB, Kidd at RB and Taiwo in for Craigen (Sibbs pushing further forward) it could, could work!

I don't see Houston getting the sack nor walking away and a small part of me still thinks he'll come good this season.

However the other 99% of me thinks he's lost the dressing room and, to an extent, he's losing faith in his own ability to fix it hence the constant chopping and changing

3 hours ago, Russ said:

I really don't understand statements like this. How do you know this? Not just for the fact that it would almost be impossible not to improve us but we've no idea who would be interested in managing us.

What we should be doing is getting rid of Houston then advertising the job and going from there. Whether the board will make the correct appointment or not is a different matter but we need change.

That's fair enough I just have no faith in the board to make a good appointment. I would have Mcall back from Ayr but that is probably just misplaced nostalgia

Well beaten. Not any pass marks today.

Finlayson didn't win one header against a player about a foot smaller.

Keeper looked poor
Defence poor
Midf non existent
Striker - isolated all game.

Strange tactics as well. Sat off them all game and invited trouble.

It was a cup tie they should have been in their faces from the off.

17 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Every other club in our league seems to take firm advantage of the loan system except us. Surely we need to start considering using this a lot more. Morton had nesbitt and Lindsay on loan from celtic who were two of their better players. At least with 6 month loan deals you can punt them back to their own club if they turn out shit instead of them being stuck on 2 year deals. Houston seems to prefer signing journeymen jobber instead of using the loan system and I'm afraid it ain't working.

This shit makes me laugh, we've had a number of loanees over the last few years and Falkirk fans moan like f'ck we ain't giving our own players a chance.