The Falkirk FC Thread

This pretty much 100% for me. Boxing Day at Fife was a real low, and I honestly thought we were destined to drop down to mid-table based on that mind-numbing, flat, insipid display of utter ordinary-ness.  We've totally outplayed two teams in a row at home, one off a decent lengthy run, the other second top, co-inciding with these changes and the addition of a couple of new faces. Three, if including the return of Watson, who's looked confident and assured alongside Peter the Rock. But it is only two games, so we'll soon see whether its just a flash in the pan, or if Houston has finally got the dynamic right and we can now make a decent, consistent run for second place... coyb. 

It is not just two games. We have won 4 out of 5. Scored 12 and conceded 3 in that time and we should have taken a point from Hibs at New Year so should be 6 unbeaten IMO.

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It is not just two games. We have won 4 out of 5. Scored 12 and conceded 3 in that time and we should have taken a point from Hibs at New Year so should be 6 unbeaten IMO.

Why should you have taken a point? 

5 hours ago, PipoIsABairn said:

How many times has he buried Sibbald on the left or started McCracken and Gasparotto and wondered why we've been done for pace? Houston hasn't performed a miracle here, he's just started playing players in their preferred position and fitting the formation around the players rather than the other way round (with the exception of Craigen who is adapting well to the right wing but still looks a bit lost at times and gets dragged in-field).  

I can only think of 2 or 3 times this season that Sibbs has moved to the left, considering he had his best full season out there, I don't see the issue as up until recently his good games in the middle haven't been one after the other.

I take it you missed the Watson gasparotto pairing at the start of the season that was like moses parting the sea in our defence. Its obvious McCrackens time is up but again this season like last, he has came in and for a period did tighten the ship.

If anything Houstie has performed a master stroke dropping Grant then bringing him back as Grant wasn't firing all cylinders either and to be expected re his long injury but for sure Grant is now.

I have been critical of Houstie mainly over the last quarter in which he turned draws into defeats with his squad tinkering but for me its far too long way to go re critiscm for the league (cups we've been poor) but the last three games for me would read good, as good as we had to be and excellent. If we recreate Saturdays performance when we need to, we won't be far away. 

I can definitely agree with the general point you are making Houston absolutely deserves credit as the last 3 games have been great and the best we've been this season. But it's still a bit too soon to tell if we have turned a corner yet it was only a month ago we were 1 win in 7.

However with your stat there you're completely ignoring the Morton cup game and the other game we didn't win was the abysmal home draw against Ayr. Also it's ludicrous to suggest we should've got a point against Hibs, we got what we deserved in that game.

I can definitely agree with the general point you are making Houston absolutely deserves credit as the last 3 games have been great and the best we've been this season. But it's still a bit too soon to tell if we have turned a corner yet it was only a month ago we were 1 win in 7.

However with your stat there you're completely ignoring the Morton cup game and the other game we didn't win was the abysmal home draw against Ayr. Also it's ludicrous to suggest we should've got a point against Hibs, we got what we deserved in that game.

I am ignoring nothing

The league is the league and we are 13pts out of 15pts. IMO we should have drawn the Hibs game. We were 2 minutes from doing it. How is it ludicrous to say we should have seen that out?

I am ignoring nothing

The league is the league and we are 13pts out of 15pts. IMO we should have drawn the Hibs game. We were 2 minutes from doing it. How is it ludicrous to say we should have seen that out?

To be fair the goal was unsavable. The ball exploded into the net, a truly phenomenal goal!

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am ignoring nothing

You also should have been humped at ER but once more you came away with something swings and roundabouts I'd say.

To be fair the goal was unsavable. The ball exploded into the net, a truly phenomenal goal!

It was a brilliant hit but we had been pretty comfortable most of the second half.

Anyway what it is it is. We are in a much better place now than then. We need to keep this form going. Saturday is huge

4 hours ago, Trump said:

Ah yeah that's right. I take it all back. It's what part of the park that your team predominantly occupies that decides whether you should win a game of football or not.

We did only have ten men and yet we still got a point. A decent wall would've stopped Commons shot. Ours parted like the red sea.

As a Canadian I'm wondering what Falkirk fans think of Fraser Aird and Luca Gasparotto?  I was impressed by what I saw from Aird when he was playing for Vancouver but he hasn't gotten too much playing time since he joined Falkirk from Sevco.  

He has only been with us around three weeks and has been back in Canada due to a family bereavement.