The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Trump said:

Don't think they do irony down there. Must be a Tory thing.

Others must not see the work in progress beauty she will become.

When I look at some of the current Premiership dumps it warms me that our fans have the cheek to complain about ours.

On 3/5/2017 at 23:40, Reggie Perrin said:
On 3/5/2017 at 23:27, The Laddie Gastineau said:
Some of the young team are on the case already regarding Budapest.The lads are looking forward to some protein rich goulash,beer,and getting kicked up and doon the place fae the Ferencvaros boys.

I'm just back from Budapest (no, I am not the guy who spent his trip to Budapest in a Scottish themed bar posting on the COYB Facebook Group) where I met my Ferencvaros supporting mate who would occasionally attend Falkirk games with me in our uni days. He's briefed the troops so they ken we're the good guys and they're looking forward to welcoming us in the unlikely event we'll play Ferencvaros, or backing us to the hilt if we play Újpest.

I met a few of the other Fradi fans and they were all top lads so completely selfishly I hope a game against Ferencvaros is on the cards.  

First quarter: 17pts

Second quarter: 10pts

Third quarter: 18pts

If we can mimic our third quarter results in the fourth quarter, that would see us finish on 63 points. Don't know where that would see us finish, just speculating really.

Shame we had such a poor October-December, just 1 win in each month

On 07/03/2017 at 12:19, Gaz FFC said:

Is that a Queens fan having a pop at our ground?

They would be better getting their horror show of a pitch sorted out.

How many times has it to be relaid so it doesn't bobble like a cheap jumper or bounce like a kangeroo on speed?

33 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

They would be better getting their horror show of a pitch sorted out.

How many times has it to be relaid so it doesn't bobble like a cheap jumper or bounce like a kangeroo on speed?

Exactly the same amount of times as you have.:)

Exactly the same amount of times as you have.[emoji4]

Ours has never been relaid unlike your pitch. Yours is a horror of a pitch and is as bad as it was when first laid again.

Despite ours being recognised as the best surface. (Now replicated at Stenhousemuir and Allloa) I want us to go back to grass when this surface runs its course in 3 years time.

Ours has never been relaid unlike your pitch. Yours is a horror of a pitch and is as bad as it was when first laid again.

Despite ours being recognised as the best surface. (Now replicated at Stenhousemuir and Allloa) I want us to go back to grass when this surface runs its course in 3 years time.

In an ideal world I think I would go back to grass too but I don't see it happening when you weigh it up versus the cost of maintaining a good pitch, hiring training facilities elsewhere plus any rental it brings in.

Not to mention the new gym facilities will be on site at the stadium too.

The pitch will cost less to relay in 3 or 4 years than it cost to put in, as only the top layer needs replaced. 

Makes absolute financial sense to have it (makes us over £70k a year?) and our sexy football isn't compromised even in winter (see Tynecastle, East End etc)

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

In an ideal world I think I would go back to grass too but I don't see it happening when you weigh it up versus the cost of maintaining a good pitch, hiring training facilities elsewhere plus any rental it brings in.

Not to mention the new gym facilities will be on site at the stadium too.

But part of the East Stand Development is a full size 4g pitch. That can be used to train on.

The club are getting nowhere near the targeted revenue from the pitch.

How many times have you seen it empty in the afternoon? That was all budgeted to be taken up. No wonder those who paid for it took their money and ran when it was offered as they were never getting it back on the pitch hire.

28 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The pitch will cost less to relay in 3 or 4 years than it cost to put in, as only the top layer needs replaced. 

Makes absolute financial sense to have it (makes us over £70k a year?) and our sexy football isn't compromised even in winter (see Tynecastle, East End etc)

I dont believe it is as simple as that.

Anyway I am with the Grass Seed Bomber - no to plastic

Tha QoS pitch was pretty grim, very inconsistent bounces, the ball seemed to skid along the surface even seemed to produce an annoying glare in the sunlight!
Having, ahem, "played" on ours quite a few times I think it is a great surface and I would be reluctant for us to go back to grass unless there was a commitment to proper maintenance to avoid the rapid deterioration from one of the best pitches in the league to a sand pit that we saw previously.

You just have to look at the state of Tynecastle and Pittodrie on the TV recently to show why we're better off with the artificial pitch we've got just now.  If we had loads of dosh then a grass pitch would be ideal as we could then look after it like premiership clubs do down south but it'll just end up like a quagmire. We don't get many games postponed just now which is important financially.

You just have to look at the state of Tynecastle and Pittodrie on the TV recently to show why we're better off with the artificial pitch we've got just now.  If we had loads of dosh then a grass pitch would be ideal as we could then look after it like premiership clubs do down south but it'll just end up like a quagmire. We don't get many games postponed just now which is important financially.

I do agree that the majority of the premierships pitches are horrendous including Celtic's but ours and Motherwell's are in tremendous condition. Makes no sense for Falkirk to go back to grass unless they establish themselves back in the premiership.

1 hour ago, Moo said:

I do agree that the majority of the premierships pitches are horrendous including Celtic's but ours and Motherwell's are in tremendous condition. Makes no sense for Falkirk to go back to grass unless they establish themselves back in the premiership.

Even then I'd be very loathe to go back to grass

If the likes of Aberdeen can't afford to provide a decent pitch for their team then what chance do we have. And motherwell pitch has been hellish for years. This season is the exception and not the rule there.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Even then I'd be very loathe to go back to grass

If the likes of Aberdeen can't afford to provide a decent pitch for their team then what chance do we have. And motherwell pitch has been hellish for years. This season is the exception and not the rule there.

Pretty much everything about Fir park is god awful tbf