The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Makes it all the more surprising you didn't sign him. 

I think three left backs not getting a game is enough. We need to step it up a bit, sign a couple of right backs then bench them too. 

I stand by what I've previously said about Scott Shepherd(and no I don't know him in any way).

He's proven whenever he's given the chance to play and start games in his proper position upfront that he will score goals- both at Edinburgh City and our development squad.

Too many judged him(and abused him outrageously) based on 5 minute sub appearances at right wing. Even in those, he was nowhere near as bad as some are desperate to make out. Why abusing a young man who came through our academy seems to entertain some people I have no idea.

He'll go on to have a very successful career and it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him pass us by in the future. 

All the best Scott. Some people on this thread should be ashamed of the way they've treated a player who's barely played for us over the last few seasons.

Edited by EdiBairn

1 minute ago, EdiBairn said:

I stand by what I've previously said about Scott Shepherd(and no I don't know him in any way).

He's proven whenever he's given the chance to play and start games in his proper position upfront that he will score goals/ both at Edinburgh City and our development squad.

Too many judged him(and abused him outrageously) based on 5 minute sub appearances at right wing. Even in those, he was nowhere near as bad as some are desperate to make out. Why abusing a young man who came through our academy seems to entertain some people I have no idea.

He'll go on to have a very successful career and it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him pass us by in the future. 

All the best Scott. Some people on this thread should be ashamed of the way they've treated a player who's barely played for us over the last few seasons.

I repeat what I said to you the last time you came out with this nonsense, saying someone isn't good enough is not abuse. Where has he been abused?

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

I repeat what I said to you the last time you came out with this nonsense, saying someone isn't good enough is not abuse. Where has he been abused?

There are numerous examples on just the last few pages of this thread. 

There's a difference between saying someone's not good enough and bringing their name up at every opportunity to castigate them further. The fact that Shepherd has had more abuse on this thread than any other player(including those involved in last season's debacle) tells you all you need to know.

1 minute ago, EdiBairn said:

He's proven whenever he's given the chance to play and start games in his proper position upfront that he will score goals/ both at Edinburgh City and our development squad.

How many senior goals did he score for us? I can only remember 1 versus Montrose in the League Cup but apparently has 3. So 3 in 70 matches.... And you think he'll pass by us?

9 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I'm interested as to why you're so keen to 'criticise' someone who's not played for us for 2 seasons yet you haven't once criticised Paul Hartley who's had a disastrous start this season.

Edited by EdiBairn

Yes, he also scored a cracker v Cowdenbeath in the league, and a header at Somerset Park in the CC.

He'll never play this high again, but I think people went way over the top with their criticism when he's basically a young player struggling to make it as a FT pro. The 2 year deal was bonkers though.

8 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

There are numerous examples on just the last few pages of this thread. 

There's a difference between saying someone's not good enough and bringing their name up at every opportunity to castigate them further. The fact that Shepherd has had more abuse on this thread than any other player(including those involved in last season's debacle) tells you all you need to know.

Utter pish. 

8 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yes, he also scored a cracker v Cowdenbeath in the league, and a header at Somerset Park in the CC.

He'll never play this high again, but I think people went way over the top with their criticism when he's basically a young player struggling to make it as a FT pro. The 2 year deal was bonkers though.

Kinda how I feel. Probably guilty of being too harsh myself . His effort was always there. Just a crazy deal from Houston for a guy we already knew couldn't cut it in the Championship.

He might have got a few quid from this payoff that he can use to go to college nor something as he plays part time or juniors.

Edited by Bairn Necessities

6 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Utter pish. 

Why do you think people should be allowed to abuse a young player but you think any criticism at all of Hartley is 'knicker wetting' and you haven't said one word against him. Seems a little hypocritical to me.

Just now, EdiBairn said:

Why do you think people should be allowed to abuse a young player but you think any criticism at all of Hartley is 'knicker wetting' and you haven't said one word against him. Seems a little hypocritical to me.

I'm not saying people are allowed to abuse a young player, please get your facts right. 

26 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

How many senior goals did he score for us? I can only remember 1 versus Montrose in the League Cup but apparently has 3. So 3 in 70 matches.... And you think he'll pass by us?

The way the season has started at Falkirk there is every possibility that @edibairn  Scott will be passing you ;)

Edited by Jason King