The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

For a manager who is unemployed and not really that sought after taking us on in our current state isn't that bad a gig. Reading this thread the majority of fans would be thrilled if they can keep us up so expectations might not be that high. The players have looked absolute shite so far but the right manager might be able to get them playing.

I personally want a young hungry manager that can progress us quickly like Ross done with St Mirren.  I don't want a mid table dinosaur like Duffy.

I feel depressed.

Good luck to Jobby. He fucking hates the Pars.
Apparently he was delighted more than anyone else at pasting Dunfermline on saturday.  He hates the people who run the club.
That's interesting - he's said a few times that he had a great two spells at East End, he used the old boy's favourite "Dunfermline are a big club, they'll be up there at the end of the season" soundbite on Saturday, he was at an event in Dunfermline at the same time we were both going for promotion from League One at which he was in great form and spoke warmly of the club and the town, and none of the people who run the club were there in his previous spells or at any time when he's been antagonised. Seems a strange thing to say given all that but you never know. What I do know is plenty of Pars fans would welcome him back in some capacity and he's always spoke well of us, at least publicly.

The amount of folk that think big Lee would leave us [emoji3] 

How much are Falkirk paying for him then?
So desperate for Falkirk fans to acknowledge you that you have moved from posting about us on your own thread to flailing around ours...

What did we do to hurt you?

Just now, Bairnardo said:

So desperate for Falkirk fans to acknowledge you that you have moved from posting about us on your own thread to flailing around ours...

What did we do to hurt you?

:D:D:D 

I must just have way too much time to post on this forum huh?

Just now, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

How's be getting on anyway? Is he getting much game time?

Yeah he was one of the main reasons we went up, picked up an injury v Motherwell but I can see why you guys love him.

He came over to the car as we were leaving the St Mirren game last week and spoke away to us, lovely guy that still has a lot to offer a top flight team at this level. I'd say when fit he's one of the first names on the team sheet due to the work he does up top. Absolute gentleman 

Sibbald was doing well for us as well but picked a pre-season injury up and hasn't featured in the league 

Just now, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Not sure why folk are hating on Duffy. Tbh, what he did with Morton is quite impressive. They are quite a poor team financially and to get them to 5/4 is good. He could easily get us to 2/1 after a couple of seasons.

One of the main reasons he didn't get the Livi job was because he isn't interested in sports science and the modern side of the game. Seems like a very old school manager with little time for things that may improve the side

1 minute ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Not sure why folk are hating on Duffy. Tbh, what he did with Morton is quite impressive. They are quite a poor team financially and to get them to 5/4 is good. He could easily get us to 2/1 after a couple of seasons.

Morton fans disagree regarding budget, he had enough money to do the job. 

11 minutes ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Morton owner pumped a decent amount of cash in . One seaside league win in 30 years of management doesnt spell success to me.

I know Kerr has a long history with you guys but he's a mainstay of our midfield at the moment and I get the impression he's in no hurry to retire from playing, If you guys want him and more importantly he wants to go you would need to pay a fee for him as a player the window also shuts tomorrow, the only other option is he retires to move as manager or assistant and then we would need to release him or you guys buy him out, I really don't see any of these scenarios happening.