The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, oot_the_loop said:

Both yesterday's shots came from Paddy Brough by the way... 

I can only remember one, the one in the first half that was deflected out for a corner. Did we have one in the second half?

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I can only remember one, the one in the first half that was deflected out for a corner. Did we have one in the second half?

Was that not by Dennon Lewis? Cut in from the left IIRC. 

I thought Haber would've given us some dramas with some big throws/set pieces into the box but it never materialised. 

23 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

You doubt there's one player bar maybe Rudden and Buaben that McKinnon would like to keep given the choice. 

Looking at the fixtures until Jan is a grim prospect. We've got 11 league games til then. One being a must win Alloa (h). I could see that being our only potential win until the transfer window. Reading the fixtures list.. none of them look appealing. Ayr, Thistle and Morton at home maybe targets for a scabby solitary win out of.  

Something like 2 wins (if 1 is v Alloa) , a Draw and 8 defeats would be pretty decent 

Will settle being 3-5 points behind 3rd by the January window. Grim but realistic.

And apologies for anyone that sits near me in the south stand as you've heard this every second week for about 3 years but for fuxake can we stop the Muirhead long throws? The last time it worked, mchugh scored from a vaulks throw. 

Edited by oot_the_loop

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Will settle being 3-5 points behind 3rd by the January window. Grim but realistic.

If we beat them at home I don't think we'll be more than a couple of points down by January. I think we'll go into that window bottom.

The gap to 8th will be a chasm though. Can see 8th to 9th being 10pts plus.

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

The board were invited into get involved to assist Mr Ritchie (good guy but tired of the burden involved in running the show). Our lady lawyer is a lifelong fan and a well meaning nice person. The guy who used to work at the CSA and sexy lexy mmmm nuff said about their credentials by others on here, but never the less they enjoy their role as it allows them some quodos up the toon. 

If you look at our accounts compared to other similar sized but much more successful clubs one thing stands out. The number of persons having a say in running the place. It seems to me that a bunch of do-gooders with nae cash or gravitas in the game (other clubs laugh at our tea party approach) are not likely to outsmart the battle hardened rogues who run the game in Scotland. 

Even although the world has moved on Fitba is still a guts n snorter business where street smart chancers are in abundance and winners are more hard as nails than book smart. 

To be fair to the current  board why should they move aside they have had a very enjoyable run with Saturdays oot mixing with real businessmen. They might be inclined to give it up if these Saturdays are to be spent in Arbroath and montrose rather than Parkheed or Sevco lounge (now they could meet a right few to learn from in there) but overall why should they. So all you guys hoping for a turn in fortunes by getting in some new players or tinkering with the football management or Coaching roles will only continue to be disappointed. We need a half daft comited owner with more money than sense to buy out Martin and build  a win philophosy from the top down. Until that happens we will need to keep on  suffering,! So I don't think the board get off Scot free they get quite a bit of stick probably but not e ough it seems to make them reconsider, and anyway unless someone buys him out then Martin will just look around for replacements  for our current committee. If they have any sense though they should sack our CEO as most fans are not impressed by his performance. I'm sure there would be plenty of applicants from the fan base with more relevant experience than running the homeless world Cup who would do a better job for a third of his wage. That person should be elected by the Shareholders though not appointed by the board we've had enough of George Craig Campbell Craig or that politician who prattled on about brexit on our official website. So until that happens we can continue with the Third Lanark project for now. 

Its not the size of the budget thats the problem though . Its the way its being spent. St mirren and Livi didnt have bigger budgets than us last season but got promoted. Its continually appointing chumps as managers and having a dreadful recruitment record that has got us in the position we are in.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Eh, what has he said here that’s wrong?
He’s said what everyone is thinking and to me, irrespective of his ability, it’s refreshing to hear our captain speak the plain truth to our support.
I have long had the impression that there are a few in that team who rate themselves way beyond their ability.

He's the captain so should maybe trying to galvanise the players rather than alienating some of them.  He is part of the problem on the park going by some Falkirk fans on here,   but seems to be trying to curry favour with the supporters with his comments.  He was a regular under Houston,  Hartley and now McKinnon,   in his short time in charge, maybe a common denominator in the Club's slide into hilarious crisis.  He's right though that players deserve criticism but not right as captain IMO to highlight  a certain few. Muirhead probably falls into the class of those who rate themselves beyond their ability. 

27 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

That wouldn’t be grim. That would be a miracle. But not even remotely realistic.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

In hospitality yesterday Muirhead was interview after the game. To paraphrase he said “I think some have come here from abroad and England and they thought Scottish football was some sort of holiday camp. We all need to get a grip or we are in big trouble”

Tbh I think it’s got f**k all to do with where they’ve come from and all to do with just not being good enough. The worst player this season has been Paton, not exactly a guy short on experience in Scottish football.

He's the captain so should maybe trying to galvanise the players rather than alienating some of them.  He is part of the problem on the park going by some Falkirk fans on here,   but seems to be trying to curry favour with the supporters with his comments.  He was a regular under Houston,  Hartley and now McKinnon,   in his short time in charge, maybe a common denominator in the Club's slide into hilarious crisis.  He's right though that players deserve criticism but not right as captain IMO to highlight  a certain few. Muirhead probably falls into the class of those who rate themselves beyond their ability. 

I was sitting four feet from him when he was speaking. Say what you like about him ability wise but he was hurting and pretty humble. Personally i thought it was only an ooofftt moment because it was not the normal line trotted out. Fair play to him TBH and he did say they all had to improve

20 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I was sitting four feet from him when he was speaking. Say what you like about him ability wise but he was hurting and pretty humble. Personally i thought it was only an ooofftt moment because it was not the normal line trotted out. Fair play to him TBH and he did say they all had to improve

Thing is, we all know it simply isn’t going to happen. Improvement could only come in the areas of discipline, communication and organisation. That’s not where our problems lie. You could even say McKinnon has already made a difference in that respect. The bit that is totally f**ked up is the standard of players on the park. That won’t improve until we get rid of nearly all of them.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

While the summer recruitment is very much largely to blame, surely McKinnon has been in charge long enough to at least make them compete? Seems too much like the free pass Hartley was given for poor results, with all the blame dished out on the players or Houston.

That was us competing tho.....

3 league defeats and one win isnt much progress but I wouldnt have been surprised to see it being 4 defeats if Hartley was still in charge. 

We are needing at least a few in right now and some of them currently occupying jerseys to give more and I hope we dont see Dallison start again as I think we have now confirmed he only looks like a footballer, sure I lip read McKinnon say he hasnt got it as another of Dallisons let players walk past him to goal scoring opportunities came about

A more clinical team yesterday wouldve put 4 or 5 past us yesterday, I dont really rate Nicky Clark but he wouldve easily had a hat trick, infact I dont rate Hippo as a striker but he wouldve had a hat trick too if he started, I knew right away he would find it easy against our centre halves.

The blood obviously pumps a bit more after a Dunfermline defeat but tbh I have not went into that big of a rage, first 20 odd mins I wouldve took a point which is probably more the acceptance of where we are at the moment.

We need to get a spine to build on, which is easier said than done with what we have, big big job for McKinnon but not an impossible one, for sure harder than last seasons tho

Every single one of the recognised Falkirk 1st team squad that we have seen this season (with the exception of McGhee, Bauben, Mitchell and possibly Brough and Petra) need to pack their kit and go at the first viable opportunity.

Funny how McKinnon managed to unload four duds on Friday, which for almost any other club, would look like a decent clear out, but for us, that’s only the duds who can’t get a game. We still have a starting eleven awash with them.

Edited by Duncan Freemason