The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I presume their different then. The rules are that fecked up it's difficult to keep up.

The rules are (relatively) simple. But very different to last year.

In theory all loans this year are window to window. The old 'emergency loan system' for up to 3 months outside a window has gone. However you can have a genuine emergency 7 day loan for a goalkeeper only if you lose one due to injury, suspension or international call up. That loan can continue to be renewed for 7 days at a time as long as the situation continues.

In this specific situation Mutch's loan will expire again before next Saturday. You dont have to renew it and he will be eligible for you if you dont. Dumbarton will need to get a keeper from someone else if they still need one.

1 hour ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I was thinking during the second half who Hartley's worst summer signings were in order.

Its surprisingly difficult to do, as how do you decide if TOE is worse than Turner? 

I dont think any football club in Britain certainly has ever had a worse transfer window. And I include Anelka's Raith in that.

How's this for an XI

Fasan

Harrison Dallison Brough

Greenwood Paton Owen-Evans Lewis 

Mackin Turner Haber

Pretty sure now they want out but won’t let it go to anyone, which I think is admirable.

Let’s wait and see what happens moving forward but I am resigned to relegation as any January rescue mission will improve us but I think we will be too far adrift by then.

Worrying times but maybe a fresh start from League 1 won’t be that bad long term.

I understand your thinking but just can’t get my head around relegation to the seaside leagues being anything other than a massive step backwards.
We really need to go 100% baws oot in January to try and overhaul one of Alloa, Thistle, Morton or the Fifers and then hope that we don’t do a Raith in the playoffs.
What a ridiculous state to be in.

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

IF Ray gets funds and can recruit a decent standard of player, we will have too much for Alloa and certainly too much for anyone in the league below.

How many points will the squad of dross have by January though? I don't see where any others are coming from.

How many points will the squad of dross have by January though? I don't see where any others are coming from.
I still think we can sneak some here and there. Buaben playing is crucial though I think. Teams in this league are bad enough that they struggle past us with 10 men at home. Ayr required a self destruct from us to beat us at Somerset, we beat Alloa. My theory relies on us turning up and other teams not, but there is some fucking dross in this league. We just need to be more able to take advantage of shite opposition when they have off days.

From what I seen yesterday was a point all day long until that p***k sold the jerseys.

None of that means we are good enough, it just means I think there are a few points to be had.

Speaking of Buaben, whats the update?

44 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

From what I seen yesterday was a point all day long until that p***k sold the jerseys.

lol wut

Your keeper got sent off for taking a player out who was running through to score - if he hadn't then it would have been 1-0 Morton anyway. Given that you failed to a muster a single shot on target the cigars would have been out regardless. A draw was never on the cards then for your absolute rabble of an outfit. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

1502716626880.jpg.cbaca9977e9c219de764bcdd764e1466.jpg