The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
56 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

They blew a fortune, terrible having a board back their managers! Unfortunately Hartley made this mess, I didn't see many protests outside the stadium last season or calls not to renew season tickets, so if fans never seen this coming, why would the board? The season we almost got up was as good as any, and there's been some great games, admittedly mostly against hibs. If the fans had been in charge over the last couple of seasons, what would've been different? On here most wanted rid of Houston, were happy to get Harley, wanted rid of Miller and Kerr, wanted rid of Hartley and new players to replace his pub team signings, exactly the same as our board did. 

I'm going to renew my season ticket, hopefully the board will sell out to a suitable buyer and this would give us the best chance of going straight back up  COYB

They admitted themselves though that they shouldn't have let Hartley bring in all those players without having someone that knows more about football than them in place, they run the club so if course of their fault.

What pisses me off is thinking about the team we could have put together a year ago with the funds that were available. If Hartley wasn't such a wee c**t better players from up here would have signed for us and he wouldn't have got desperate and signed any c**t that would move to the club. 

Hartley's days as a manager are numbered,  Lang and Campbell lettinv him play football manager with our club was a disgrace. Rant over!

19 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Tbh I think we've got every chance of qualifying from that group.

League Cup Final hwg.

#StopTheQuadrupleTreble

The quad is on.

I'll be raging if we use these as preseason games again though, really don't get that attitude at all, it's a cup competition and we've got two sides who overperformed last year and will be losing a fair chunk of their squads and the worst team in the SPFL (plus Berwick I suppose)

I want Berwick and Ayr away though for decent days out.

45 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Maybe so, but how can they justify charging 20 quid in the seaside leagues? how much do other league 1 clubs charge for admission?  and all on the basis of " we need you to cough up or we can't afford players"   very much the same idea as when the club trialled reducing prices then used the lack of a crowd uplift to justify keeping prices high for those of us who do turn p and watch dross , basically in other words  " we've become hopelessly hooked on gate money , so please keep coming and paying or we're fucked" 

we've had home wins against rangers and hibs, the first half against celtic in 2012.  the cup final and a few wins against the fifers,    the 2016 season we done well and scored a lot of last minuit winners which are handy for making you forget the 92 minuits of slow laboured  negative sideways passing that came before it.     Other than that its been dire

£225 early bird for south stand makes it £12.50p a game, reasonable enough price for a hopefully 1 season stay in league 1. 

46 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Don’t shoot the messenger, but was told the following this morning.

Tidser and Gregor Buchanan seemingly signed with us last night at a hotel in Motherwell.

Also, Dixon and Robson are supposed to have re-signed.

No-one has signed. Yet. The rumours as to why are fairly accurate. There are people waiting to sign who might even give verbal commitments, but that's not necessarily the same thing. Just ask Airdrie.

Sorry.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No-one has signed. Yet. The rumours as to why are fairly accurate. There are people waiting to sign who might even give verbal commitments, but that's not necessarily the same thing. Just ask Airdrie.

Sorry.

Maybe they`ve signed and no-one`s told you BB ??:whistle

The only way we can get out of this mess and back to where we want to be is for everyone to renew their season tickets. Without that income we will stagnate in D1. There’s no point protesting against people the majority of whom will be gone before the season starts. #COYB

4 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Don’t shoot the messenger, but was told the following this morning.

Tidser and Gregor Buchanan seemingly signed with us last night at a hotel in Motherwell.

Also, Dixon and Robson are supposed to have re-signed.

Things must be on the up for you guys if you can afford a hotel in a happening place like Motherwell. You normally use someone else's flat. 

10 minutes ago, brokeville said:

The only way we can get out of this mess and back to where we want to be is for everyone to renew their season tickets. Without that income we will stagnate in D1. There’s no point protesting against people the majority of whom will be gone before the season starts. #COYB

Really? You can see the future can you? Remind me what group of people have just chosen to starve the club of potentially hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of income when they decided to ditch the share purchase scheme at the last moment, having apparently been fully supportive of said scheme a few months earlier. Or who have pissed away untold sums in the last two years on payoffs, terminations, fines for ditching dud players and sacking/hiring second rate managers. 

They have been treating fans as nothing more than customers for years now.  So as a totally dissatisfied customer, I'll be keeping the cash in my pocket until the whole lot of them have cleared off, never to return.  As an added bonus, not one penny of my money will be funding the wages of Craig Campbell. That's not such a bad place to be.

I'll be keeping the cash in my pocket until the whole lot of them have cleared off, never to return.  As an added bonus, not one penny of my money will be funding the wages of Craig Campbell. That's not such a bad place to be.

Yup, this exactly. My renewal packs have just been posted back with a nice note to this effect.