The Falkirk FC Thread

Listening to The Guardian football podcast & they were discussing Mike Ashley at Newcastle and how he does & says what he wants as he doesn't care  what the fans think of him. He knows their dumb fans will buy their season tickets regardless and he basically just laughs at them  treating them with complete contempt. These aren't my words , this is what was said on the pod.

I can see parallels.    

How do you build a team from scratch?

If I were writing an article about building a team from scratch I would have Hartley's clusterfuck high on the list, McKinnon's rebuild in Jan and his repeat job now would also surely feature.  In fact I'd probably have Falkirk and Dundee Utd as two examples of screwing up and getting it right. 

How do you build a team from scratch?

If I were writing an article about building a team from scratch I would have Hartley's clusterfuck high on the list, McKinnon's rebuild in Jan and his repeat job now would also surely feature.  In fact I'd probably have Falkirk and Dundee Utd as two examples of screwing up and getting it right. 
Not sure why your mentioning McKinnon's rebuild that he's currently doing?

13 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Dick Campbell has "no time for players who have an opinion".

You sir, are like herpes. It doesn't matter what medication you take, it's always there and always comes back. And it's the last thing that you want.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You'd be able to spend some of it learning how to deploy analogies successfully.

Looks like I need to get started on a second batch, the first lot, sadly, doesn't seem to be working.

4 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Correct he also knocked back st Mirren at that time as he is s rare breed in fitba “a man of integrity”. He had made a promise to his chairman at Alloa that he would stay on for a season and keep them up. A promise I always suspected would come good to our detriment. Fitba management is a game of chess and only the very smart succeed . Such a guy would not choose us at the moment because you don’t know who your going to be working with, which is a key factor in the game. As for jack Ross going back 8 or 9 years he gave a speech to the senior Bairns lunch at the clahdan which I suspect anyone who attended would have realized there was a top manager in the making. Unfortunately our dim witted tea party have always preferred even lesser dim witted managers to run the playing side whilst they imagined they could fiddle whilst Rome burnt.
Well fiddle they certainly have and as for choosing dim witted managers they couldn’t have done a better job. Now they have a moral dilemma , sell the club they genuinely care for down the river to line their pockets or do the right thing and get David and Kenny in . The plan C of staying on and appointing little Lex is beyond a joke and they know it. My suspicion is as I said over a month ago they will come back to the table with some sort of hybrid offer that allows them (to hang on whilst getting the input of Kenny and David and engaging with the curry crew on a arms length business deal. In other words an even bigger committee. What a fu—ing disaster . Football is at its best when you keep it simple and the management should be the same look no further than Alloa. One chairman a part time manager and half the number of players we had.
All I can do is vent and not buy a season ticket and I applaud all who are taking that stance. Believe me it hurts them !

Beware of new owners with multiple business interests. Falkirk Football Club would just be another line on a balance sheet.

There are many motifs why such a company would want to own us.

1. Business plan with 3 , 5 , 10 year objectives. Not unlike what McCann did with Celtic. Transforming the club recovering their investment from profit in the long term then contributing to the holding companies balance sheet. Or alternatively selling up getting an exit bonus having created a profitable company people want driving up the selling price.

2. Dumping ground for debt and running costs from elsewhere. For example loading management costs of the holding company onto Falkirk. The Whyte and Green fiasco at an obscure Glasgow club is a good example.

3. Carpetbagger like Mackin at East Stirlingshire. Extracted every penny they can running the club into the ground. Riding off into the distance with the cash

If it is a business consortium with multiple interests that own us it is unlikely it will end well.

5 hours ago, GaryDoug said:

So, lads. 

Signings tomorrow? Seems to have been a bit quiet on the rumours front the last day or so. 

Anyone you do or don't want to see us try and grab? 

At least one striker soon, not to have at least one is a concern. One thing McKinnon saying he won't be rushed and make sure he gets the right players in, he also used same line in January.

I suppose it's no surprise with McKinnon focusing on defence and midfield tho

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

At least one striker soon, not to have at least one is a concern. One thing McKinnon saying he won't be rushed and make sure he gets the right players in, he also used same line in January.

Aye, my worry is that we sign two or three of them and everyone of them is a swing and a miss, then we're stuck with them till January, hoping that the midfield can keep us in it. 

As I've said previously, it won't be his choice. Goalkeeper, defenders and midfielders are always the easiest positions to fill. Strikers will be holding off to get the best deal they can.

I can't believe a few people have made out that a professional football manager doesn't see signing a striker as a priority.
Aye, my worry is that we sign two or three of them and everyone of them is a swing and a miss, then we're stuck with them till January, hoping that the midfield can keep us in it. 
We're in League 1, so of course any striker we sign is going to be a gamble.

7 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I can't believe a few people have made out that a professional football manager doesn't see signing a striker as a priority.

Maybe because his decision to go for Jarvis and Todorov in January got you relegated. His latest decision to splurge £1000 a week on a midfielder probably means any halfway decent striker will be looking for £2K a week from you to sweeten the lowering of his standards. 

Maybe because his decision to go for Jarvis and Todorov in January got you relegated. His latest decision to splurge £1000 a week on a midfielder probably means any halfway decent striker will be looking for £2K a week from you to sweeten the lowering of his standards. 
We're so money

You're so rattled

Never change you pathetic mess x x x x