The Falkirk FC Thread

At the moment do we still not need an egm to change the fact that any one person can't currently own over 49 percent of the shares?
20% was the figure put to MC on twitter BTW. He was going to investigate.

Since we're going to have an EGM anyway, could we not skip in a wee clause at that meeting to protect the club from any future asset stripping potential?

BPM said there is a period of 21 days notice required before an EGM. Seems that would have to be called very soon if the deal is to go though before the transfer window closes.

Someone mentioned that DD takes between 7-10 days, i just want this whole thing over and done with so we can move on. and besides it isnt a dream list he missed the retractable roof out of his vision.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Its a message forum. Firstly I wouldnt believe anything I ever read on a message board as being kosher.  Secondly we are talking about some boy moving into a pub here that may or not be this guy.Thirdly if we are looking for owners that are whiter then white then I suggest we are going to struggle to find any?  The other two deals on the table were Alan Gow's group and btb. Noone   knows who is on Alan Gows group and have btb done background checks on every individual patron they have in their consortium? Christ has anyone done serious background checks on the current bod. I'd be shocked if big Lex hasn't shafted someone back in the day on his rise to being where he is.

Lets face it if Abramovich had wanted to buy Falkirk he would've taken some pounding on this board due to his less savoury business dealings in the past. Now he's not done too bad at chelsea.

Obviously checks would need performed re anyone.  It's also true to suggest that lots of people who've enjoyed commercial success have managed to piss people off en route.

Suggesting however that there's an equivalence here between someone looking for this kind of control, and each BtB patron, is somewhat silly.

Abramovich would indeed probably take a pounding on here, which is good.  I'd genuinely hate to see your club or mine fall into the hands of someone like that, or even a suitably scaled down Diddy Scottish League version of him.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not really about him having cash or not for me. It is more about his background and could we trust him or not to look after the club properly. That is where I need convincing.

He will have shown enough cash to buy the club - it might not be his - but I am sure they will be have the c400k to buy the place. Will they put anything in after, Will they borrow against the club etc etc etc. That is the unknown for me. Once he has it he can do with it what he wants

Someone earlier on said it would take approx. £2m to buy out the MSG, and I thought that was a bit stiff. 

Is £400k more like it?

Someone earlier on said it would take approx. £2m to buy out the MSG, and I thought that was a bit stiff. 
Is £400k more like it?
BtB could buy the club twice at that price!

£400k to buy the club, a few quid to beef up the squad and a little left over +land value to JV on part of a hotel ourselves. The hotel profits then go back towards paying for the 4th stand.

Little Mix could stay for free throughout the duration of thier 20 day run of concerts.

@back post misses is there anything in the club's constitution / articles of association / something else meaningful which would prevent club assets, be that land, buildings or subsidiary companies, from being transferred to another company without say a 75% EGM vote in favour? Could this be put in place prior to any take over?

Not an expert on the constitution but I can’t see how they can make a major change to this, unless there are say 5/6 shareholders that keep everyone below 20%

Is £400k more like it?

I think it could possibly be less than that - it will come out in time I guess. If it is £2m I will have a piece of Mr.Campbell’s cash too then for my little shareholding - that would value their shares at about £1.43 each

Not an expert on the constitution but I can’t see how they can make a major change to this, unless there are say 5/6 shareholders that keep everyone below 20%

Ok, but that's not the purpose of doing it and wouldn't be relevant to a MC take over. It would just be to prevent a single party from transferring assets to thier own company for example.

There may be instances where such a transfer is beneficial, say if it is a hotel being sold for a profit, where other shareholders could also be in favour and vote it through. An MC or equivalent with c. 62% shares couldn't act to do this on his own in that case, therefore protecting the club from being asset stripped. Such an amendment could be voted through by the current shareholders in advance of any deal.

Protections may already exist for all I know, but I wanted to ask the question. It may allay some fears about the proposed take over.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Only we could make a huge drama of this.

Not even close to true...the majority of Scottish Fitba could come close, but it does take a team with lofty aspirations to make this much o’ a meal of it. Now, if this was QoS, perhaps Dumbarton, or a hanger on like Cowdenbeath, the drama could have nearly been as high...but for pure venom and relentless backstabbing, this had to have been either Falkirk or  Raith. If you can just keep this up for a year or so, it’ll be almost Rangers like.

Just now, brokeville said:

Time to close this thread and start a football one. emoji460.png

You seem to have a strange objection to people discussing the future of the club. There’s a match thread discussing Saturday’s game in any case.

Don’t like, don’t read.

1 hour ago, mozam76 said:

Is £400k more like it?

Value is assets and goodwill of the company image.

Assets - part share in a stadium and surrounding land. Goodwill of the company image - Income minus running costs = value.

So 2 million might not be far off the value.