The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Moutinho said:

That isn’t the strategy we’ve followed the last 3 seasons- we’ve replaced virtually the entire team every summer (and January). We don’t have time in a 27 game season to be settling in a whole new team. We need to go mostly with what we’ve got while adding some quality.

We have been signing players you'd expect to be a cut above this league though and it hasn't worked out. I'd rather we signed a few of the better ones we came up against. Players that are used to this league and the way football is played in it.

Good news about Miller. Probably our best player behind McManus last season, along with Mutch. 

Agree with this. Needs a lot more creativity around him now

5 hours ago, Moutinho said:

3-5-2 doesn’t work in this league. We don’t need 3 centre backs not contributing in an attacking sense against teams who will just sit in.

We looked much better with 4 at the back last season.

Based on what ?

Dixon had a horrific season till M & M came in, pushed the 3-5-2 and Dixon kicked on. The main problem was the three centre halves were all over the place, they are the foundation of a decent 3-5-2, most teams pack the midfield so it gives us another man in there and we didn't have the players suitable for it.  

I'm quite sure McCall will prove otherwise re 3-5-2 next season.

Good signing with Miller, just need legs in there, tho Miller can play a number of positions and I wouldn't be surprised to see him at the back in a 3

Keep seeing things implying Miller is either a defender/midfielder hybrid or some sort of crab passing Makelele tribute act. I was drunk at a lot of games last season but he was going box to box from what I could see? Ditto Gomis. I'm not sure I'd be wanting both to start but that's more due to a lack of creativity rather than being too defensive. Miller definitely needs to play in the middle.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Not that it’s makes captain material, but done more shouting than rest of team put together, probably most vocal since Yogi. Still questioning if he & Gomis can play together unless we play him in a sweeper type role. Decent bit of business. 

Thats no true Durnan did mainly after he f**ked up and blamed everyone else for his calamity.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We have been signing players you'd expect to be a cut above this league though and it hasn't worked out. I'd rather we signed a few of the better ones we came up against. Players that are used to this league and the way football is played in it.

We also had a manager who was fukn clueless and should've been sacked after relegation.

I don't buy the players used to the league tbh, you can either play or not with the help of a manager who knows what he is doing.

A manager worth his salt would've took the players we signed under McKinnon to cruise the league, nothing to do with players who know the league.

My best guess is that it has something to do with the furlough scheme and they are waiting until the rest of the squad are taken off furlough at the end of the month to give a full update on the playing squad/ new signings. 

Evidently, this was a shite guess.

On 11/07/2020 at 12:46, deano25ffc said:

Hello guys I’m back . 

Is this no longer as app ? Just a Internet forum now ? Does one f even exist anymore ? 

Not sure, I made the switch years ago....at that point one f was a flat out mental asylum, with around 8 posters. Folk migrated here or to COYB Facebook page generally in think.

3 hours ago, BottiBiabi said:

Bainsfordbairn is probably the only one on here who can answer that question, whether he does or not is a different thing. That Sneddon boy has it all over his social media that he's signing/ signed so it is a bit puzzling that it hasn't been announced. My best guess is that it has something to do with the furlough scheme and they are waiting until the rest of the squad are taken off furlough at the end of the month to give a full update on the playing squad/ new signings. 

I can't comment on possible signings until the club confirms them but as the Blair Sneddon one is now out.... 

I believe they were wary of announcing a teenager signing from the juniors as the first football story of the season. Some folk like to have a moan so to lessen that they waited until they could do the Captain Miller one first. Not something I agree with but it's a rarity; signings are usually announced as quickly as possible. The normal media guy being on furlough might have had something to do with it too. 

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I can't comment on possible signings until the club confirms them but as the Blair Sneddon one is now out.... 

I believe they were wary of announcing a teenager signing from the juniors as the first football story of the season. Some folk like to have a moan so to lessen that they waited until they could do the Captain Miller one first. Not something I agree with but it's a rarity; signings are usually announced as quickly as possible. The normal media guy being on furlough might have had something to do with it too. 

Anything else in the pipeline?

I find that quite strange, for me it's a real positive that we're thinking of the future. As a fan it's difficult to connect with an ever changing team of journeymen (unless of course they're always winning) so I'm happy we're going to try and develop players again.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

We also had a manager who was fukn clueless and should've been sacked after relegation.

I don't buy the players used to the league tbh, you can either play or not with the help of a manager who knows what he is doing.

A manager worth his salt would've took the players we signed under McKinnon to cruise the league, nothing to do with players who know the league.

Too many of them were shit whilst under mckinnon or m and m. Sammon, telfer, buchanan, tidser, mcshane and johnstone etc would still be shit even with guardiola managing them.

I find that quite strange, for me it's a real positive that we're thinking of the future. As a fan it's difficult to connect with an ever changing team of journeymen (unless of course they're always winning) so I'm happy we're going to try and develop players again.

I was thinking the same, but we all know there’s no pleasing some fans

57 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

If they had emphasised he was being signed as one for the future and not to play in the first team the now then im sure people wouldve been fine. 

Has there been any other rumours lately other than Dowds? Still waiting to see who we're signing up from the current squad for next season, Have I missed anyone from the below list for who's contracted to be here next season?

Mutch, Todd, Laverty, Leitch, Dixon, Miller, Sneddon, Gomis, Telfer, Connolly, Durnan and unfortunately Sammon.

Edited by FFC 1876