The Falkirk FC Thread

No season ticket for me.  I just lost my job this morning.  Been on furlough since mid March.  Was expecting to go back early August but my company has decided to close many branches due to impact of Covid.   Gutted.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Did Partick not go to the courts when ict got promoted?  The fact that feck all happened to them surely sets a precedence?

They did and got nowhere. the judges comments were the fact that the SPL rules were open to interpretation and were rather ambiguous being the reason it went against them.

Media reporting that Hearts and Partick liable for a fine upto 1 million, 

13 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

They did and got nowhere. the judges comments were the fact that the SPL rules were open to interpretation and were rather ambiguous being the reason it went against them.

Media reporting that Hearts and Partick liable for a fine upto 1 million, 

Yes but surely as the sfa did nothing to sanction thistle then how can they suddenly decide that they are going to sanction thistle and hearts now? You can't pick and choose when you enforce rules. If I was hearts and thistle that would be my first line of defence.

Very slim chance that, after being cited for breaking the rules, Hearts and Partick face expulsion from the league for a season (a punishment thats written in the same part of the documents that shows the rule they broke).
I wonder who would get bumped up to the Championship if both get punted?
And I wonder if Falkirk fans would be disgusted at the unfairness of them being promoted in that manner if it happen...

I wouldn’t be disgusted at all.
As I said many times, these teams massively underperformed and deserve to go down. The fact that we benefit is not to be sniffed at but there is no vote of self interest involved unlike the votes that went against us...

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I wouldn’t be disgusted at all.
As I said many times, these teams massively underperformed and deserve to go down. The fact that we benefit is not to be sniffed at but there is no vote of self interest involved unlike the votes that went against us...

There's no way that will happen. The chances of anything positive happening for our benefit is zero.

25 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yes but surely as the sfa did nothing to sanction thistle then how can they suddenly decide that they are going to sanction thistle and hearts now? You can't pick and choose when you enforce rules. If I was hearts and thistle that would be my first line of defence.

I dont see how the SFA can enforce this as the gripe they have is with the governing body SPFL, so technically they were right going to court as it was going to be the only way they were ever going to get a fair hearing. Think i am right in saying the SFA arbitration is being conducted by former judges.

When you look at that board its easy to see why they got disciplined

Professional Game Board

Chair: Michael Mulraney (Scottish FA)

Members: Ian Maxwell (Scottish FA), Neil Doncaster (SPFL), Leslie Gray (SPFL), Michael Nicholson (SPFL), Ken Ferguson (SPFL), Duncan Fraser (SPFL), Finlay Noble (SHFL) and Tom Brown (SLFL).

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

No season ticket for me.  I just lost my job this morning.  Been on furlough since mid March.  Was expecting to go back early August but my company has decided to close many branches due to impact of Covid.   Gutted.

Really bad news. Unfortunately, there is going to be much, much more of this.

Sorry to keep on repeating but very much down to poor policy making by UK and SG.

33 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Really bad news. Unfortunately, there is going to be much, much more of this.

Sorry to keep on repeating but very much down to poor policy making by UK and SG.

NAW YE URNAE.

Still Game star Jamie Quinn says he could 'win Oscars and Baftas ...

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Its really very simple.

Back then the SFA didn't have a law around clubs going straight to court.

Now they do.

That rule states that clubs taking their association to legal court before arbitration are open to punishment.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its really very simple.

Now they do.

That rule states that clubs taking their association to legal court before arbitration are open to punishment.

I'm sure I remember even back then there being a law against clubs taking things to court its not just a new thing.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its really very simple.

Now they do.

Aye but when the problem arises with the governing body then where do you go ?.  

How are you meant to get an unbiased trial by the governing body when its them you have an issue with.

Just now, AL-FFC said:

Aye but when the problem arises with the governing body then where do you go ?.  

How are you meant to get an unbiased trial by the governing body when its them you have an issue with.

Whats Hearts/Thistles issue with the SFA?

Their argument is with the SPFL. 

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Whats Hearts/Thistles issue with the SFA?

Their argument is with the SPFL. 

Thats why the SFA are involved as the issue is with the SPFL why would they go to the SPFL  to fix a problem they have with them, 2 different organisations

SPFL was the merger between the SFL and the SPL , SFA are the mediators