The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

This says to me that the two of them need help to be managers. They were appointed in November. Why are we scrambling around in July trying to get this done?

Was this not in the pipeline for a while i can mind back to when John Park was still sniffing about the club they were looking to appoint a director of football mind you back then the name i had heard was Levein and he couldnt take the job as he was still employed by Hearts

12 hours ago, keithgy said:

Looking like East Kilbride are following the Kelty Hearts wage structure they have signed Chris Erskine today,our budget will no doubt be cut so what level of player can we expect.

Ross Perry joining the juniors too. Amazing the amount of senior pros that are heading there when they're still young enough to play in the SPFL.

Nothing to do with money of course.  I'm sure Sgt wotsisname telt us that. 

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Ross Perry joining the juniors too. Amazing the amount of senior pros that are heading there when they're still young enough to play in the SPFL.

I'm amazed ross Perry is even good enough for the juniors to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm amazed ross Perry is even good enough for the juniors to be honest.

Bingo.

Still can't believe Rangers actually gave him a game. After seeing his efforts for Falkirk I was given hope my football career still had a chance.

Show footage of Ross Perry to any 16 year old who's lost faith they will make it and tell them this guy played for Rangers.

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

Much as I love Yogi , his ego would not allow him to sit upstairs as some DOF. He also lacks certain skills required for that role plus he still has a grudge against the Falkirk BOD.  

Whut skulls diz he lack likes?

27 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Ross Perry was playing in the Juniors last season and will not be playing in the Juniors next season.

Edited by Marshmallo

Out of interest, do you Falkirk fans hold out much hope of promotion this season? With Thistle and Cove in the league who, financially anyway, aren't really in the same boat as the rest of the clubs, I can see them being one and two (unfortunately).

However it's a odd and unprecedented situation and it's going to be an weird season for everyone. League One/Two teams will be hoping for a Junior diamond or someone dropping down from above who couldn't get a club because of obvious circumstances so I get league placement is really impossible to predict at this point. As a Clyde fan I was hoping to push on for a play-off place after securing safety last season but I'm very much of the attitude that I don't really care, I'm just glad that at the moment I actually still have a club to support.

I THINK my question is, if you don't go up, will you be kicking off?

36 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Out of interest, do you Falkirk fans hold out much hope of promotion this season? With Thistle and Cove in the league who, financially anyway, aren't really in the same boat as the rest of the clubs, I can see them being one and two (unfortunately).

However it's a odd and unprecedented situation and it's going to be an weird season for everyone. League One/Two teams will be hoping for a Junior diamond or someone dropping down from above who couldn't get a club because of obvious circumstances so I get league placement is really impossible to predict at this point. As a Clyde fan I was hoping to push on for a play-off place after securing safety last season but I'm very much of the attitude that I don't really care, I'm just glad that at the moment I actually still have a club to support.

Cove will be playoffs at best i'm not concerned by them at all. .  Lot will depend on whether thistle win their appeal and get comp. 

32 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

To be fair if I was a Clyde fan I'd think Falkirk are a lot worse than we probably are too given our honking performances against you last season but I think you're underestimating us (poor as we have been). 

I think budget wise we'll be second to Thistle (depending on the compensation/fine) and I fully expect us to challenge for the title. I'd have thistle as strong favourites based on the squads right now.

Cove did well in L2 last year but I'd agree with Shadwell that they're probably looking at getting to the playoffs as a good season.

I'll be kicking off no matter what though

36 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Partick will be the team to beat, if they can settle into the league and stop throwing shite at the moon,    They have Graham and Ridden up top with Lyons on the wings, goals should not be a problem,   not many other teams in the league have that luxury, a total dearth of goalscoring strikers again this season...

Cove IMO will be mid to bottom, looking at there squad it is just Peterhead in there prime, these players have consistently struggled in League 1,   good wages are mainly due to area they play in....  

Guest Ecosse83

The only concern I have about Cove next season is how many home games we have against them,  I want the 2 to maximize the Hartley abuse!

Edited by Ecosse83

14 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Partick will be the team to beat, if they can settle into the league and stop throwing shite at the moon,    They have Graham and Ridden up top with Lyons on the wings, goals should not be a problem,   not many other teams in the league have that luxury, a total dearth of goalscoring strikers again this season...

Cove IMO will be mid to bottom, looking at there squad it is just Peterhead in there prime, these players have consistently struggled in League 1,   good wages are mainly due to area they play in....  

Some people seem to think they're some kind of modern day gretna which couldn't be further from the truth. They have a few quid more behind them than your average lower league side but that's about it.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I don’t see any reason why we can’t win the league this season. Our budget will be reduced, but given that we have many more season ticket holders than both Partick and Cove, I’d still expect us to have the biggest budget.

The key imo will be adding 3 or 4 pieces of quality to what is already a good squad. Replacing McManus’s goals will be a challenge but if we can get someone alongside Sammon who will play to his strengths, we’ll get more out of him.

Edited by Moutinho

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Just had a look at Cove's squad and, Fyvie and Megginson apart, I don't think I would want any of them and I'm not sure we could even use Fyvie. McAllister doesn't seem to be as prolific as he was either. Having said that though I don't really know much about the rest.

They do seem to have a bit of cash behind them though so it'll probably depend on who they can bring in.

43 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

The only concern I have about Cove next season is how many home games we have against them,  I want the 2 to maximize the Hartley abuse!

I'm old enough to know these never end well for FFC.

I predict we spend the game giving him absolute dogs abuse that he laps up as his side beat us comfortably.

I feel I've seen this script too many times