The Falkirk FC Thread

Regardless of the speculation, McGlynn will be looking at a budget equal to (or more) compared to last season, due to the unexpected revenue from the cup run, and additional funding requested. If there’s been no initial budget set, serious questions must be asked why Nesbitt has signed for two years.

35 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Regardless of the speculation, McGlynn will be looking at a budget equal to (or more) compared to last season, due to the unexpected revenue from the cup run, and additional funding requested. If there’s been no initial budget set, serious questions must be asked why Nesbitt has signed for two years.

Serious questions of who? McGlynn? Board?  

42 minutes ago, Springfield said:

We're going to need players next season and beyond. Maybe Nesbitt has agreed an extension on exactly the same money as he's currently on? One thing is certain though, we won't have broken the bank to keep him. 

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

Imagine offering one of our most consistent & energetic players a contract extension…

One of our most consistent players? You must be joking. He has been excellent in a number of games this season but needs to become more consistent in my view. There are still too many games where he contributes very little.

24 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

One of our most consistent players? You must be joking. He has been excellent in a number of games this season but needs to become more consistent in my view. There are still too many games where he contributes very little.

His gathering of 2nd balls is has improved considerably, he protects McGinn & now provides a platform for the technically superior Kucheriavyi. His link up play with the wingers is also decent. No one else has more assists in this league.

25 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not a huge fan of Nesbitt but we can’t continue replace the entire squad every season.

Perfectly reasonable to re sign him.

No need for a 2 year extension though imo, especially when we don’t know when league we’ll be in 

Edited by PedroMoutinho

22 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Back to 4-2-3-1 

Was inevitable, probably the right decision given it worked the last game we played them. Should hopefully mean we're tighter at the back.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Was inevitable, probably the right decision given it worked the last game we played them. Should hopefully means we're tighter at the back.

I agree. A narrow diamond would suit Airdrie 

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Poor decision dropping Burrell in my view. He should be staring every important game for me 

As good as he was against Dunfermline he looked disinterested on Tuesday. 

Good to see Ola doing the warm up with the subs. Doesn't appear to be doing any less than the others. 

That said, he has a real odd running style and I remember thinking that in the game he came back off the bench. Kelty was it? Wonder if he's struggling still with the knee