The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

The team that easily won at Airdrie was

Kinear

Rowe Donaldson MacKie MCCann

McGinn Henderson

morrison Nesbitt Kennedy 

Oliver

If Rowe and Morrison are fit go with that. 
If not MCKay at RB, Max behind Oliver and Nesbitt in Morrison’s role

Drop Max ? Big call. It’s an absolute no from me.

We played the 4-2-3-1 at the Falkirk stadium in the last game and although we dominated the first half we were found out in the second half. I'd like to see us try something different against them and go with two up top from the start.

Both teams are much better going forward than they are at the back so get two up there and put them under the cosh. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

We played the 4-2-3-1 at the Falkirk stadium in the last game and although we dominated the first half we were found out in the second half. I'd like to see us try something different against them and go with two up top from the start.

Both teams are much better going forward than they are at the back so get two up there and put them under the cosh. 

Problem with playing two up front is that McGlynn plays with two defensive mids which makes it difficult to play with two strikers. I don't see him dropping either McGinn or Henderson v Airdrie. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

We will get murdered out wide playing a diamond 

29 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

If we have to play with Williamson at right back that's going to happen regardless.

He won’t play. Imposter 

10 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We know that he is five years past his use by date but does the manager?

If Hampden didn’t tell him - I worry 

Might be reading too much into things of course, but the fact Burrell didn’t come on on Saturday and Oliver played a huge chunk of a game which McGlynn said he’d be using to “shuffle the pack”, would that suggest he’s maybe leaning towards going with Burrell on Tuesday?

Of course by that logic Max also played most of the game and I’m thinking he’ll start tomorrow too, so who knows.

6 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Might be reading too much into things of course, but the fact Burrell didn’t come on on Saturday and Oliver played a huge chunk of a game which McGlynn said he’d be using to “shuffle the pack”, would that suggest he’s maybe leaning towards going with Burrell on Tuesday?

Of course by that logic Max also played most of the game and I’m thinking he’ll start tomorrow too, so who knows.

I think Burrell is done for the season and if he signs on for next season he will be a rotation player like he is currently but I do think he will be subbed on at Airdrie but for the last 30-20 minutes only if we are losing or drawing to try and get a goal against a tired defence and that is my thinking on why he didn’t get put on against Peterhead as we had established a lead with no threat of conceding and in terms of max it was no better options to bring on maybe apart from carrol or Nesbit