The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Mcglynn doesn't make panic signings I can assure you of that. The amount of scouting and data collection before he signs a player is huge. He doesn't just look at goals and think let's take him. That's nonsense. As mentioned previously on here his attention to detail is over the top probably at times. I'm still of the opinion that he and wright were the favoured front two. Wright had a decent record in the first half of the season but has been so disappointing that that front two never materialised.  I still think Allen will do a decent job for us next season . There have been setbacks in recruitment too. Number of players we wanted in the summer went elsewhere and then losing allegria was a blow at that time. Meekinson getting injured straight away meant another shift to bring in max.  That's still no excuse for the piss poor performances recently but we've certainly not brought in any panic buys.

Fair enough. For what’s it’s worth, I also still think Allan could do a decent job for us, but I do think there a question to be asked about why he was brought in and didn’t get more of a chance.

3 hours ago, ChrispPancake said:

Celtic and Rangers fans. Man Utd, Barcelona and Madrid and Bayern fans all EXPECT their team to win and accept nothing short of that. It's time that we did the same. 

Wait, is this an appeal for Falkirk supporters to behave more like Billy Big Baws?

Next season Dunfermline and possibly Airdrie will be gone, and in their place are a Stirling side that likely don't challenge and an ever-sinking Accies side who have talk of going part-time should they go down.

Next season has to be the one, surely... right? Your biggest title rivals look to be QoS but they too are underperforming. I reckon McGlynn sticks the course next season and wins the league, but it will be intriguing to watch from a neutral view regardless.

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Next season Dunfermline and possibly Airdrie will be gone, and in their place are a Stirling side that likely don't challenge and an ever-sinking Accies side who have talk of going part-time should they go down.

Next season has to be the one, surely... right? Your biggest title rivals look to be QoS but they too are underperforming. I reckon McGlynn sticks the course next season and wins the league, but it will be intriguing to watch from a neutral view regardless.

All about the signings we make this summer, Agyeman's a decent start but we need more quality all throughout the team. Worryingly he didn't mention centre back as a problem area in his post match interview yesterday.

Who's looking likely to leave you? Wouldn't mind Finlay Robertson.

I think as much as new CB he actually needs a defensive coach.  We look pathetic at times.  A corner is always a concern.    

Can I see mcglynn getting the boot?  Unfortunately not.  Equally as mentioned getting a new manager is as big a gamble.

Tuesday nights result pretty much killed ticket sales, for yesterday, stone dead.

Yesterdays performance will have a lot of those, considering taking out a ST, thinking twice about it.

23 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Wait, is this an appeal for Falkirk supporters to behave more like Billy Big Baws?

On performances over the last 5 - 6 seasons we are where we deserve to be, that's a fact.

On potential with regards to fanbase, infrastructure etc., where do you think we should be?

Should the fans just accept being where we are?

Is it really such a sin for the fans to expect us to be doing better than we are, or as you put it, behaving like Billy Big Baws?

I’m pretty much resigned to the fact he’s staying, I’ve already renewed my ST so that’s not up for debate. For me he only gets my backing if I rock up at TFS at the start of the season and see that he has learned from his mistakes and the team is set up to play a different style of football. 

I want to see a strong, physical team that attacks teams from the off and has a really strong experienced spine. Get this slow, laboured, tippy tappy, possession based shite in the sea.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

12 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Tuesday nights result pretty much killed ticket sales, for yesterday, stone dead.

Yesterdays performance will have a lot of those, considering taking out a ST, thinking twice about it.

There was well over 4000 at yesterday’s game that’s a brilliant attendance for any club outwith the premier league.  I don’t know how many away supporters were there

3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

On performances over the last 5 - 6 seasons we are where we deserve to be, that's a fact.

On potential with regards to fanbase, infrastructure etc., where do you think we should be?

Is it really such a sin for the fans to expect us to be doing better than we are, or as you put it, behaving like Billy Big Baws?

Alright, settle down.

Of course a club of Falkirk's size with gates of that size should be much more highly placed.  That's what makes the prolonged stay at this level notable, fascinating and amusing.

Their fans are absolutely entitled to expect better than this.  You'll concede, though, that the history of crowdwanking means that the Falkirk fanbase is not best known on here for its humility.

The call for fans to, in fact, behave more like OF fans was therefore as funny as it was ridiculous.  You guys have actually got a long way to go before you turn into those wankers.

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m pretty much resigned to the fact he’s staying, I’ve already renewed my ST so that’s not up for debate. For me he only gets my backing if I rock up at TFS at the start of the season and see that he has learned from his mistakes and the team is set up to play a different style of football. 

I want to see a strong, physical team that attacks teams from the off and has a really strong experienced spine. Get this slow, laboured, tippy tappy, possession based shite in the sea.

Talk last night in the pub was the club had sold 600 already 

It will be interesting to see what budget McGlynn gets next season. By all accounts, most of the cup money is going to fund a new pitch and floodlights.

We then have the new reserve squad and additional youth teams that will presumably cost money. Added to an expected drop in STs and FSS subscriptions not growing to the level the bod want, he could be facing quite a cut to the playing budget.

12 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

No, but do it the right way with a bit of humility instead of constant statements about how you should pissing all over the rest of the L1 teams whilst continuing to f**k it all up. 

Sometimes saying nothing at all is the best way forward. 

11 minutes ago, third lanark said:

There was well over 4000 at yesterday’s game that’s a brilliant attendance for any club outwith the premier league.  I don’t know how many away supporters were there

Far more than usual.

Yesterday was a very poor home support.

7 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It will be interesting to see what budget McGlynn gets next season. By all accounts, most of the cup money is going to fund a new pitch and floodlights.

We then have the new reserve squad and additional youth teams that will presumably cost money. Added to an expected drop in STs and FSS subscriptions not growing to the level the bod want, he could be facing quite a cut to the playing budget.

FSS won’t grow but ST sales IMO will hold up