The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Must be pretty galling for all the other diddies when there is literal establishment recognition that Scottish football requires a strong Falkirk Football Club.

Must be pretty galling for FFC supporters to realise they need government handouts to survive in the third division of Scottish football. 🤭

On a more serious note, the value of the loan looks really high given that the fund is expecting to dish out £500k per annum.  Falkirk have scooped up the majority of money available this year.  I'm not sure if any other part owned clubs will be in a position to benefit from the fan bank this year but if Falkirk terms are typical then it would be total madness not to at least investigate the possibility.

9 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

A minor point but this won't actually change the playing budget. The only difference is we'll just about break even rather than the usual £400k loss next season 

This has nothing to do with profits or losses.

This is a balance sheet item.

5 minutes ago, strichener said:

Must be pretty galling for FFC supporters to realise they need government handouts to survive in the third division of Scottish football. 🤭

On a more serious note, the value of the loan looks really high given that the fund is expecting to dish out £500k per annum.  Falkirk have scooped up the majority of money available this year.  I'm not sure if any other part owned clubs will be in a position to benefit from the fan bank this year but if Falkirk terms are typical then it would be total madness not to at least investigate the possibility.

The bitterness is rife with this one, enjoy the fourth division of Scottish football.

5 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Was 350K the maximum available? Or is that just what we were able to apply for given the share situation (ie it's all we were reasonably able to say we 'needed')

£350k covered (near enough) the entirety of issued but unsold shares. In theory, we could have had more if there were more shares to purchase. You could not borrow £500k, and keep £150k for sweeties.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

There is a doll of Sammy The Tammy kicking around the office somewhere. I think it was sent to us from East End Park as a bit of banter after they won the league. 

I really, really wanted to ask Humza if he would do this with it. Would have made for a much better image than using a ball. 😇

First Minister (16).jpg

Apologies if this has been addressed earlier in the thread but what's Paul Goodwin's and Scottish Football Supporters Association connection to today's development? I always had the feeling Goodwin was a Walter Mitty type and the SFSA were largely discredited, so it was a surprise to see them appear in the publicity photos alongside the First Minister and Falkirk FC officials.

16 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Apologies if this has been addressed earlier in the thread but what's Paul Goodwin's and Scottish Football Supporters Association connection to today's development? I always had the feeling Goodwin was a Walter Mitty type and the SFSA were largely discredited, so it was a surprise to see them appear in the publicity photos alongside the First Minister and Falkirk FC officials.

From what I gather he (through the SFSA) have effectively been lobbying the Scottish Government for a few years to set up the 'Fan Bank'.

I don't remember him ever being mentioned in relation to FSS before.

3 hours ago, Brockvillenomore said:

I can confirm 100% the club own the floodlights and the pitch. I asked the previous board this question when the repairs were carried out 2 years ago. 

I can also confirm your obsession with the council is unhealthy and you need to just stop. 

They own the pitch but not the land it sit's on. Owning the floodlights is news to me and stand corrected.

This is not an obsession about the council the club got well and truly screwed and that's a fact.

Just shrugging our shoulders with a 'That's our lot in the grand scheme of things' is not good for the future of the club.

We do not have one physical asset as security to borrow against should the financial doomsday threaten as it did last season. If that does not concern you - it should.

Will leave it at that regarding the stadium. Will not mention it again unless it's to say 'I told you so'

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

They own the pitch but not the land it sit's on. Owning the floodlights is news to me and stand corrected.

This is not an obsession about the council the club got well and truly screwed and that's a fact.

Just shrugging our shoulders with a 'That's our lot in the grand scheme of things' is not good for the future of the club.

We do not have one physical asset as security to borrow against should the financial doomsday threaten as it did last season. If that does not concern you - it should.

Will leave it at that regarding the stadium. Will not mention it again unless it's to say 'I told you so'

I don't think many disagree with you, its obvious the club don't have a great deal in terms of our current infra and how the council (and the club) structured that.

But we can't do a huge amount to change it now unless we pony up the cash (black cheque) to the council for the stadium and land.  Or find the funds to move elsewhere.

It's just not going to change and we have to pish with the cock we have so nae point bleating on and on.....

That's some fucking deal though, interest free over 20 years. Whether you think it's a very sensible use of public funding is for another thread, you certainly can't begrudge any supporters association who uses it. 

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Paul Goodwin. Nuff said.

Guest Brockvillenomore
29 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Today the floodlights and the pitch, a day or so ago the parking fees.  

The club have a lease on the land that exceeds the usable life of the stadium and surrounding buildings, so no asset now means no liability later. 

Yes, we’d all like a stadium we own but FYI, banks are not loaning money to football clubs, assets or not. Too big a risk, especially stadiums that have only one purpose and no discernible sale on value.

What developer wants to buy and demolish a football stadium and make the club homeless? 

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

A minor point but this won't actually change the playing budget. The only difference is we'll just about break even rather than the usual £400k loss next season 

According to our CEO we made a small profit this season, well before this announcement.