The Falkirk FC Thread

36 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

regardless, the opposition were at the same stage of pre-season as us and played on the same pitch. For an hour we were very poor. 

We improved substantially when the youngsters went on. 

Honestly how we played is virtually irrelevant in the context of this game.

All about knocking some of the rust off.

Couldn’t care less about performances and results in friendlies, I thought Dallison was an absolute baller in one of those so goes to show how useful it is to judge players on! (Okay, only one example).

However I wouldn’t write the league cup off as pre season. I’d be using these competitive games to boost our finances where possible and give us the best preparation to start the season with. 

Do agree with most we are clearly missing a right back, a dominant defensive midfielder and a proper striker. But it’s early doors.

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Honestly how we played is virtually irrelevant in the context of this game.

All about knocking some of the rust off.

To a certain extent yes but if both teams are knocking some of the rust off then the difference between the teams should still shine through. Last night it really didn't until they tired in the last 20 mins. 

6 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

On another note, we’ll have some live games on BBC Alba this season.

Only issue is that they will be late Kick Offs on a Saturday. 

How many are they looking to show mate? Weekly or just when a fixture tempts them? 

43 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Do you know if FalkirkTV were there last night? Any chance of us seeing some highlights? Cheers.

Yes they were there, but it was more a case of new people getting to know the kit and the setup. Strollers have highlights out which were filmed from a high vantage point in the scaffold tower. Our guys were at the back of the wee enclosure and I noticed there were fans standing in front of them so much of their footage will be unuseable. 

This is from Strollers. 

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Yes they were there, but it was more a case of new people getting to know the kit and the setup. Strollers have highlights out which were filmed from a high vantage point in the scaffold tower. Our guys were at the back of the wee enclosure and I noticed there were fans standing in front of them so much of their footage will be unuseable. 

This is from Strollers. 

Thanks Bud.

16 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

On another note, we’ll have some live games on BBC Alba this season.

Only issue is that they will be late Kick Offs on a Saturday. 

Wait are they showing League 1 games on BBC Alba where have you seen that?

14 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

How many are they looking to show mate? Weekly or just when a fixture tempts them? 

Think it’s 10 in league one throughout the season and can go to a ground twice. Imagine we’ll feature a bit so could be a few 5:30pm Kick Offs. 

Edited by Van_damage

10 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

banging-head-ouch.gif

It was a bounce game. It means nothing. You can read absolutely nothing into it. It gives you zero indication one way or another as to how the season will go. 

We have different ways of looking at it then. I'm not saying we will have terrible season but looking at the game in isolation. We looked rather pish. 

Just now, Van_damage said:

Think it’s 10 in league one and can go to a ground twice. Imagine we’ll feature a bit so could be a few 5:30pm Kick Offs. 

I'm an accies fan didn't know that was a thing tbh will be good though expect us to feature a couple of times as well if that is the case. Wouldn't surprise me if the league is between us and Falkirk this season 

1 minute ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I'm an accies fan didn't know that was a thing tbh will be good though expect us to feature a couple of times as well if that is the case. Wouldn't surprise me if the league is between us and Falkirk this season 

Yeh. Little unsure of the exact details but BBC Alba are doing Leagues 1 and 2 in favour of the delayed Premiership transmissions they used to do every weekend. 

3 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Yeh. Little unsure of the exact details but BBC Alba are doing Leagues 1 and 2 in favour of the delayed Premiership transmissions they used to do every weekend. 

Yeah if it is the case it can only be a good thing for lower league teams 

10 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

We won’t be in contention for the league, we were pish in a bounce game last night.

3 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Caroll should start in all of the League Cup preseason games. They don't matter a f**k and we can see more what he's about.

Carroll should feature of course.  The Viaplay Cup offers around £70K for getting out the group, so it matters financially. 

16 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

Carroll should feature of course.  The Viaplay Cup offers around £70K for getting out the group, so it matters financially. 

League cup games should be treated like any other competitive fixture given the income it can generate. That's why its important to prepare properly.

Was disappointed there weren't any trialists in the squad last night especially considering we've not signed a right back this summer.

Tumilty was rumoured, Hamilton announced him as leaving and have now announced him signing a new two year deal which is a bit strange.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We won’t be in contention for the league, we were pish in a bounce game last night.

Yous will be up there I think. Friendlies don't matter. The League Cup is when we start finding more out about teams i think Accies and Falkirk will be the top 2 in league 1 though.