The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Rocco said:

Since you can’t read back I’ll summarise. We aren’t getting one. We’re going to play a back three consisting of a left back and two centre halves. You may think that’s mental but McGlynn has spunked the budget on more important positions and doesn’t think we need a right back 🙄

Cheers Rocco, even though that does sound worrying! 

5 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

You’re completely missing the point! You said we would be these players “last option” That quite obviously is not the case here. Whether they live up to their pedigree or potential is a completely different debate altogether, that comes down to how they are coached and managed.  

Hope they live up to expectations then.

These new players have to be cut a bit of slack. They are being built up on the forum and that's unfair.

We have one of the most loyal fanbases going which is just aswell given some of the utter pish on the park for seasons on end. You just hope one season it actually clicks and the team do something but it just never happens. Various reasons for it ofcourse but when I watched the Hamilton v Airdrie playoffs one thing that struck me was or a few things really, these guys are busting a gut, they have ability, they are well coached, the tempo is high even after extra time, good players on both sides. None of which applies to us despite us selling lots of season tickets every season you get served the same tripe. It's the living in hope that kills you because the end game is always the same. 

23 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Swinney's interview on the whole pretty decent apart from squad update. Hope to get above and beyond last season's player budget but at the moment it's short. And that numbers are pretty close to what we are going with. Concerning. 

It's also worrying that some folk that dropped  out off the FSS where contributions directly help as stated by J Swinney are now concerned about the player budget. Incredulous.

Edited by Syd Puddefoot

1 hour ago, Jimmy1876 said:

If I remember correctly didn't Jamie on the Falkirk daft podcast say they were budgeting based on slightly decreased season ticket number although would love to reach the 2300 of last year? 

We have now exceeded 2340. If we had budgeted for 2100 season tickets (a pretty conservative reduction based on the end of the season) and have now sold 240 above that at say an average £200 per ticket we have approximately £48,000 on top of the budget. Extra player? Maybe two? Or a couple additional loans?

The loss of Fife & Airdrie visiting the stadium, will be around 60/70K in lost revenue. Although it’s a fantastic uptake in season tickets, there will be a shortfall for sure. Don’t think there’s any game when we will need to open the away stand this season certainly for the league games. 

9 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

It's also worrying that some folk that dropped  out off the FSS where contributions directly help as stated by J Swinney are now concerned about the player budget. Incredulous.

I must admit I dropped out it when Holt was still here and didn't get emptied when Sheerin did. Point of principle cos I thought and still do that Holt is a p***k. Have since rejoined. 

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The loss of Fife & Airdrie visiting the stadium, will be around 60/70K in lost revenue. Although it’s a fantastic uptake in season tickets, there will be a shortfall for sure. Don’t think there’s any game when we will need to open the away stand this season certainly for the league games. 

Hamilton will be like for like with Airdrie if not slightly better, the cove games will obviously be massively under attended in comparison to the Dunfermline games. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Hamilton will be like for like with Airdrie if not slightly better, tbe cove games will obviously be massively under attended in comparison to the Dunfermline games. 

Airdrie to be fair brought to decent away supports compared to previous visits, don’t think we’ll see Hamilton anywhere near their numbers. Hamilton home gates were a pittance last year, so don’t expect any decent away numbers.

Just now, Springfield said:

Airdrie to be fair brought to decent away supports compared to previous visits, don’t think we’ll see Hamilton anywhere near their numbers. Hamilton home gates were a pittance last year, so don’t expect any decent away numbers.

Hamilton have never had a decent support even when they were in the Premiership. Livi the same all it would take for them is to get relegated and spend a season or two in the championship and you'd see a drop off. 

25 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Don't think this affects what I've said. Would be surprised if budgets are not set based on what the income is estimated to be and when that podcast was recorded we knew who was going to be in the league. So extra season ticket revenue is still going to be topping up the budget that was initially set no? 

Guest Back Post Misses
15 minutes ago, Springfield said:

You haven’t factored in the price increases. That will be 60-70k more as a guesstimate. Add in the huge strip sales and the loss of Fife away gates will get covered 

Edited by Back Post Misses

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You haven’t factored in the price increases. That will be 60-70k more as a guesstimate. Add in the huge strip sales and the loss of Fife away gates will get covered 

Merely making the point that the revenue loss would be considerable with the loss of fife/Airdrie

Guest Back Post Misses
Just now, Springfield said:

Merely making the point that the revenue loss would be considerable with the loss of fife/Airdrie

And I am merely pointing out that these things cover that loss. 

I also heard that with the signings of Lang and Spencer our budget was all done unless anyone was moved on. Hopefully that position will have changed with the season ticket uptake and strip sales.

Miller also tweeted the day we signed him saying he was gutted he couldn't get the deal done with Morton so those three will have taken a fair chunk.

28 minutes ago, falkirkbairn23 said:

To be fair, I don't think the club will get that much of a % of shirt sales. 

Reckon it will be around £18-£20/shirt bought via Greaves when you remove VAT shirt costs and commission.  Won’t be a huge amount on the grand scheme of things but every penny counts and encouraging to hear Jamie say we’re likely to smash our retail sales for recent seasons. 

Big plus is the sponsorship too for the North Stand. Think it was a smart move to divide it in to 6 sponsors. More money as a whole and less impact should any of the companies be unable to pay. 

Just hope the club do something to allow those who were honoured with the named sections so they can take their families and friends along and have a proper presentation in front of the fans. 

Edited by Van_damage