The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Reckon it will be around £18-£20/shirt bought via Greaves when you remove VAT shirt costs and commission.  Won’t be a huge amount on the grand scheme of things but every penny counts and encouraging to hear Jamie say we’re likely to smash our retail sales for recent seasons. 

Big plus is the sponsorship too for the North Stand. Think it was a smart move to divide it in to 6 sponsors. More money as a whole and less impact should any of the companies be unable to pay. 

Just hope the club do something to allow those who were honoured with the named sections will have a proper presentation so they can take their families and friends along and have a proper presentation in front of the fans. 

100% every penny counts, especially for where we are at.  Would also imagine the deal in terms of % wise is miles better than Puma's.

Also helps there is a much larger training wear and planned retro memorabilia.

28 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I also heard that with the signings of Lang and Spencer our budget was all done unless anyone was moved on. Hopefully that position will have changed with the season ticket uptake and strip sales.

Miller also tweeted the day we signed him saying he was gutted he couldn't get the deal done with Morton so those three will have taken a fair chunk.

Morton fans aren't that gutted he's left tbh. Now that usually resonates with most fans that a player leaves "ach he's pish" "no loss" etc unless that player is very good then your " massive loss" " etc. 

We will have gave him a decent contract we have to anyway to get players to play in league one. 

If we don't go up this season I really hope there are clauses in those contracts and all with the club. 

42 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

... We will have gave him a decent contract we have to anyway to get players to play in league one....

Yet more supposition based on nothing. 

Posters continually riding both horses in saying we're either paying inflated wages and simultaneously the last chance saloon for these players i.e. we should have the upper hand if they want to continue their careers at a reasonable level🤷‍♂️

I doubt any of our players are living as comfortably as made out by some and could be making similar or better in another profession.

Edited by Blame Me

24 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Yet more supposition based on nothing. 

Posters continually riding both horses in saying we're either paying inflated wages and simultaneously the last chance saloon for these players i.e. we should have the upper hand if they want to continue there careers at a reasonable level🤷‍♂️

I doubt any of our players are living as comfortably as made out by some and could be making similar or better in another profession.

I demand proof for those accusations! 😉 

Seriously though, I don’t think it’s completely unreasonable to assume we will be paying some decent wages to some of our players. It was said by others(and unfounded) that Lang and Spencer had offers from clubs at a higher level than us. McGinn was also captain of a Championship winning team before joining. Whether this means McGlynn has spent his budget I’m not sure but I genuinely hope that we haven’t budgeted more than our projected income and that the FSS loan money is kept solely for capital projects such as the pitch etc. 

Edited by Van_damage

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

And I am merely pointing out that these things cover that loss. 

Also loans to pay back and development squad to maintain so that will take a bit out the budget as well. 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

The loss of Fife & Airdrie visiting the stadium, will be around 60/70K in lost revenue. Although it’s a fantastic uptake in season tickets, there will be a shortfall for sure. Don’t think there’s any game when we will need to open the away stand this season certainly for the league games. 

Surely it's McGlynn and the players job to play attractive, winning football to entice the patg supporters who have fell away to come back on a regular basis. Then it would more than make-up any shortfall and wouldn't need to rely on opposition fans (Fife 💩). The away strip is my favorite in years 👍👍 

37 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I demand proof for those accusations! 😉 

Seriously though, I don’t think it’s completely unreasonable to assume we will be paying some decent wages to some of our players. It was said by others(and unfounded) that Lang and Spencer had offers from clubs at a higher level than us. McGinn was also captain of a Championship winning team before joining. Whether this means McGlynn has spent his budget I’m not sure but I genuinely hope that we haven’t budgeted more than our projected income and that the FSS loan money is kept solely for capital projects such as the pitch etc. 

Money will be a big factor but I will assume 😉 that other considerations are made too.

We're a full-time Central belt team with excellent facilities and for guys like Mackie, Lang and Spencer who have worked with the manager before that may hold some sway (along with an acceptable financial package). 

For others, it's the potential to win a league 🤞or play more regularly than for a team higher up who can't guarantee they'll be starters. Perhaps for McGinn, at his age, he just wants to continue at a decent level for a while longer.

I just struggle to believe we're seen as some sort of "Falkirk Abu Dhabi"!

Edited by Blame Me

19 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Money will be a big factor but I will assume 😉 that other considerations are made too.

We're a full-time Central belt team with excellent facilities and for guys like Mackie, Lang and Spencer who have worked with the manager before that may hold some sway (along with an acceptable financial package). 

For others, it's the potential to win a league 🤞or play more regularly than for a team higher up who can't guarantee they'll be starters. Perhaps for McGinn, at his age, he just wants to continue at a decent level for a while longer.

I just struggle to believe we're seen as som sort of "Falkirk Abu Dhabi"!

Sounds like a lot of supposition to me. I will put this in the ‘debunked till proven otherwise’ folder. 😝 

Edited by Van_damage

Guest Back Post Misses
12 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Also loans to pay back and development squad to maintain so that will take a bit out the budget as well. 

Do we have a sell on clause on Jay Fulton? Talk he is going to Southampton. 

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No idea. Would be great if we did but he just signed a new 3 year deal in March with Swansea so would be unusual to let him go as still had a year left on his old deal. 

Mad that he’s still only 26. Feels like a lifetime ago since he was with us. 

Edited by Van_damage

Guest FFC1965

ST sales have been fantastic. 

I was sad not to renew mine - I attended only 6 / 18 games last season and looking at the 23/24 fixtures I'll definitely miss at least 6 this season possibly more.  Will still go PATG though. 

Aside from the Ochilview season I think I've had a ST each season since about 1976.  

Spartans game just down the road in a few weeks though! 

19 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

No idea. Would be great if we did but he just signed a new 3 year deal in March with Swansea so would be unusual to let him go as still had a year left on his old deal. 

Mad that he’s still only 26. Feels like a lifetime ago since he was with us. 

29 but point stands!

23 minutes ago, Bairn winner said:

Surely it's McGlynn and the players job to play attractive, winning football to entice the patg supporters who have fell away to come back on a regular basis. Then it would more than make-up any shortfall and wouldn't need to rely on opposition fans (Fife 💩). The away strip is my favorite in years 👍👍 

The strips for me are up in the top three since we stated selling the jerseys….
There’s absolutely no doubt we’ve lost many fans after the turmoil of various BODs, shite managers and around 100 imposters who have stole wages over the past few years.

All we need is a hard working, committed and competent squad of players to get us out of this hellhole. So far McGlynn has failed to deliver, but we go into the new season with hope, optimism and confidence. With his new signings and general good feel factor, I’m sure we’ll see a positive uptake in PATG, once we start putting together consecutive wins.

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Airdrie to be fair brought to decent away supports compared to previous visits, don’t think we’ll see Hamilton anywhere near their numbers. Hamilton home gates were a pittance last year, so don’t expect any decent away numbers.

Seems like there's a good chance though that we will sell more seasons tickets this season though and will probably have more fans at games than last year in the championship. Main reason is because Colin McGowan the owner has left/leaving still to be announced officially but he's a big reason on why a lot of accies fans have stopped going to games. He was also the owner at Raith in the early 2000s and threatened to turn Starks Park into Flats. And the new owner of us seems a lot more interested in football and that's a big reason on why we've signed a lot of players and will still probably get a couple more in

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Someone asked Swinney about it on twitter not long ago and he said he something along the lines of "The club couldn't comment on it as nothing had happened yet" so that says to me we do have something in place. 

Hopefully Southampton dish out a fair whack for him.

12 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Seems like there's a good chance though that we will sell more seasons tickets this season though and will probably have more fans at games than last year in the championship. Main reason is because Colin McGowan the owner has left/leaving still to be announced officially but he's a big reason on why a lot of accies fans have stopped going to games. He was also the owner at Raith in the early 2000s and threatened to turn Starks Park into Flats. And the new owner of us seems a lot more interested in football and that's a big reason on why we've signed a lot of players and will still probably get a couple more in

Appreciate the update, watched the playoffs and thought you played well albeit against a really good Airdrie side that after our capitulation maybe gave them the edge over the ties. Some decent signings and seen tonight that a few pounds coming your way. What’s your take on the new season?

23 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Appreciate the update, watched the playoffs and thought you played well albeit against a really good Airdrie side that after our capitulation maybe gave them the edge over the ties. Some decent signings and seen tonight that a few pounds coming your way. What’s your take on the new season?

Usually going into a season the full of the accies fanbase is dreading it however this season there is a lot of positivity around the place and myself and a lot of the fans would be happy if the competitive season started tomorrow. We still need a couple of signings 2 or 3 Midfielders and we had 3 Midfielders on trial tonight so that's a good sign there we also need a center half and could do with a right wing and another striker not necessarily musts but both would be ideal and probably the other positions we could do with strengthening the most. Overall  I think it will between Accies and Falkirk for the league can't see anyone else winning it. Cove made the mistake with keeping Hartley I genuinely don't see him turning it around. Queens have lost Paton. Alloa will be up there but I can't see them winning it however have a feeling they might win the playoffs.