The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
10 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Better? Of course we were better. What’s half empty about that?

You are always cup half empty now. You have changed 

Guest Back Post Misses
11 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

You really don't like McGlynn, do you?

I think McGlynn must have been belting his granny. 

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You are always cup half empty now. You have changed 

No, not so, and anyone choosing “cup full” with McGlynn in charge (or Rennie or a few others) are the ones who have changed. A few claimed that Rennie had a great CV…….no he didn’t. It didn’t take a lot of digging to show it either.

I am 100% supportive of our Board, and the manner in which they have supported McGlynn. McGlynn himself………don’t rate him now, and never rated him at Raith (lots of supporting evidence that points to him being meh at the very most). Just look at his managerial history……..it’s all there for those who choose to look.

Guest Back Post Misses
8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

No, not so, and anyone choosing “cup full” with McGlynn in charge (or Rennie or a few others) are the ones who have changed. A few claimed that Rennie had a great CV…….no he didn’t. It didn’t take a lot of digging to show it either.

I am 100% supportive of our Board, and the manner in which they have supported McGlynn. McGlynn himself………don’t rate him now, and never rated him at Raith (lots of supporting evidence that points to him being meh at the very most). Just look at his managerial history……..it’s all there for those who choose to look.

Your posts don’t back that up TBH and certainly not the impression I get. Must be just me. 
McGlynn IMO, for most fans, is in it is time to prove yourself zone. He absolutely had excuses at the start of last season considering the shambles he inherited (probably ultimately where the league was lost) however this is his team now and he has to deliver. 

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Wonder why pedro gave me a red dot for something that, I'm sure, Ebobsboy boy would be first to agree with? Maybe he could clarify? 🤔

He red dots 90% of my posts so don’t take it personally 

Here's my take on McGlynn as our manager:

I feel that we should allow him to take us into the new season to have another bash at winning the league because a) it would cost us too much to pay him and Smith off, b) who could we realistically get in that would be both any good and affordable? c) any new manager would want his own squad, so we'd potentially be back to square one again on that count.

I'm not sure that he's the man to take us forward if and when we do get promoted because he has some fairly obvious limitations, so, if he doesn't take us up this season then I think he should go and the BOD should be planning now to get some names in the frame for the season after.

Guest Back Post Misses

Just watched last nights highlights on FFCTV. The commentator sounded pretty good. Looks like a good replacement has been found 

3 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Nice to see the fixture list on the website hasn't been updated since the Edinburgh game in April. Really looking forward the Scottish Cup game on April 29th against Inverness at TFS.

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose 🙄

3 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Nice to see the fixture list on the website hasn't been updated since the Edinburgh game in April. Really looking forward the Scottish Cup game on April 29th against Inverness at TFS.

I noticed this too. Very poor. Obviously hasn't been updated since before the semi. I was looking for fixtures to plan some dates and had to find them elsewhere. 

56 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I feel that we should allow him to take us into the new season to have another bash at winning the league because a) it would cost us too much to pay him and Smith off, b) who could we realistically get in that would be both any good and affordable? c) any new manager would want his own squad, so we'd potentially be back to square one again on that count.

I'm not sure that he's the man to take us forward if and when we do get promoted because he has some fairly obvious limitations, so, if he doesn't take us up this season then I think he should go and the BOD should be planning now to get some names in the frame for the season after.

Personally I would have emptied him at half time at Airdrie and that’s after having given him my backing all season.

Talk of replacing him now is both redundant and unhelpful.

It is down to him to get us promoted this season, failure will be the end of him, until such time he and the team need our backing (which they are clearly getting going by ST numbers).

26 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I noticed this too. Very poor. Obviously hasn't been updated since before the semi. I was looking for fixtures to plan some dates and had to find them elsewhere. 

But that sadly was when the team downed tools so the backroom did likewise?

29 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I was actually more perturbed by the fact they had the semi final being played at TFS and not Hampden. That's just a ridiculous mistake to make.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

If McGlynn gets promotion and if it's done in style he will get another season if he wants it. He will have bought the goodwill and sheer relief from the fans. As for succession one way or another the obvious favourite is Smith it gives a bit of long overdue continuity.

Smith tends to be under the radar and a bit of an unknown quantity as you never hear about his influence for good or bad in the background but that's all in the future.

If we get promoted it will be a nice problem to have for one.

49 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I was actually more perturbed by the fact they had the semi final being played at TFS and not Hampden. That's just a ridiculous mistake to make.

Agree, the website looks poor at the moment. Whoever is responsible for it needs a nudge. Can’t even see links to match reports from last season and the sponsors and players page is out of date too. 

No doubt they’ll use the excuse of “we’ll do an update when we get the new team photo” or something poor like that, whereas surely just doing small updates often would be less workload and hassle for them. Hard to be too tough on a volunteer though, but if they’re paid then it’s not acceptable. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Lawal has always been the guy in terms of fluidity. He's the risk taker. He's the one that doesn't immediately look for a sideways pass if someone stands him up. He can stop, look, then skip round someone. Being able to take on just one man in that central area unpicks whole teams, and allows the wingers to get into the box and overload the defences. He can be so important if used correctly. 

Agree with this, he brings a bit of unpredictability. Hopefully he’s used to full time training now and kicks on this year. We prefer when he plays in behind a striker rather than as a central midfielder like last night (first half). The diamond second half suited him more we thought. 

4 minutes ago, Sarah67 said:

Agree, the website looks poor at the moment. Whoever is responsible for it needs a nudge. Can’t even see links to match reports from last season and the sponsors and players page is out of date too. 

No doubt they’ll use the excuse of “we’ll do an update when we get the new team photo” or something poor like that, whereas surely just doing small updates often would be less workload and hassle for them. Hard to be too tough on a volunteer though, but if they’re paid then it’s not acceptable. 

It would be good if we knew any capable web designers who could perform a task like that.