The Falkirk FC Thread

7 hours ago, Springfield said:

With respect your last paragraph confirms our clubs predicament. Without external investment or major changes within our current business model we will continue to struggle. The reported -300/400K loss every season, cannot be sustained, even with a very slow but increasing FSS assistance, championship football will overall increase our revenues.
My opinion is we need to explore additional external funding and investment and see where we go.

Pretty sure the club is open to investment from the right people however these people don’t grow on trees. The Rawlins were meant to provide the “3 legged stool” model but have offered up nothing over and above that initial share investment. The cold facts are there isn’t an Arab billionaire or even a Roy McGregor waiting in the wings desperate to start writing cheques every season , we can’t wait about on something that might never happen and if the fans want the club to kick on we are going to have to do it ourselves through FSS / patrons group and things like concerts at the stadium or selling academy players will need to be built into the mix over and above FSS contributions as far as revenue goes. The infrastructure of the club will need to continue to change if we are to keep investing while still remaining sustainable and that takes time. There’s no quick fix but if there is I’m certain the Rawlins or guys like SA / MR would listen to offers for they’re shareholding, new money from the right people is welcome but the 3 legged stool model only makes sense if you can find a third leg for the bloody stool. 

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Interesting the mistakes you elude to are all within 2/3 months of then getting the keys to the club. That tells me they have learned from their mistakes. I don’t think we all know the full extent of the shambles they inherited. A £1.2m loss turned into at least break even is a fantastic achievement in anyone’s book. 
By your logic on McGlynn then tickets should have fallen. You and others predicted that and it didn’t happen. There is much more support for McGlynn in the support than mouths off on here. They see what he inherited saw the progress but the end of the season has most people in the camp he has to deliver now. 

My biggest concerns around McGlynn are his ability to deliver in the big, pressure games and his inability to change his tactics. Last season we never laid a glove on Dunfermline, didn’t show up in the semi final and were absolutely humiliated in the playoffs - this season he has to do better against our direct rivals. I’m hopeful that looking at his signings he’s learnt that being more direct can work at this level.

I’d also say that my support of Falkirk is always there therefore I’ll always attend games. Who the manager is has little or no impact for me personally on that side of things.

Guest Back Post Misses
16 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

My biggest concerns around McGlynn are his ability to deliver in the big, pressure games and his inability to change his tactics. Last season we never laid a glove on Dunfermline, didn’t show up in the semi final and were absolutely humiliated in the playoffs - this season he has to do better against our direct rivals. I’m hopeful that looking at his signings he’s learnt that being more direct can work at this level.

I’d also say that my support of Falkirk is always there therefore I’ll always attend games. Who the manager is has little or no impact for me personally on that side of things.

Most have concerns but recognise that progress was made last season especially as he inherited a shambles. It is now time for him to deliver. He won’t be there if he doesn’t 

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Most have concerns but recognise that progress was made last season especially as he inherited a shambles. It is now time for him to deliver. He won’t be there if he doesn’t 

The season before we finished 6th, well outside the playoffs and 35 points behind Cove. Anyone that doesn’t recognise we made progress last season probably has an agenda.

The Board must absolutely take the blame if we are not promoted. Whether the fans were happy with him or not, the Board picked the manager, chose to stick with him and set the budget. They are responsible for all aspects of the club - football included.

I also wouldn’t read much into season ticket figures for support of McGlynn. We have a core support of 2,500 season ticket holders who have stuck with the club through thick and thin. Choice of manager isn’t going to change that.

It’s not that long ago that BPM and others were chanting “Sack the Board” after relegation. How is this season any different to then? 

Only difference now if that we don’t have a Chairman because no-one wants to be in the firing line.

With the midfielders we have at the moment I think the 4-3-3 suits us best. One of McGinn/Spencer with two more attacking options so we can break teams down. I also prefer Agyeman out wide.

Hopefully Fulton's on his way to Southampton and that allows us to bring in a right back, centre mid and striker.

Hogarth
New Donaldson Lang Mccann
Spencer New
Lawal
Morrison Allan/New Miller

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Club needs outside investment to supplement the fans and patrons. Getting the right person/people is the challenge. 

I noticed that JS said following the FSS investment for the remaining shares, they didn’t expect any new shares becoming available for some time. Granted the club can create new shares at the relevant meetings but personally, I think every pound going in from FSS should be for shares and not just donations going forward.

35 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The season before we finished 6th, well outside the playoffs and 35 points behind Cove. Anyone that doesn’t recognise we made progress last season probably has an agenda.

Who has said we haven't made progress GB?

Guest Back Post Misses
16 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I noticed that JS said following the FSS investment for the remaining shares, they didn’t expect any new shares becoming available for some time. Granted the club can create new shares at the relevant meetings but personally, I think every pound going in from FSS should be for shares and not just donations going forward.

There are no shares left 

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

There are no shares left 

But the directors and existing shareholders can choose to create and issue new shares.   Whilst I’m not overly concerned (let’s face it, any money given to a football club at any level is a donation, not an investment), I would like to see continued increase in the proportion owned by the fans.

Club needs outside investment to supplement the fans and patrons. 

This again.

Why do you need additional funding?  Your income will currently dwarf that of every club you share a division with.

I’ve seen absolutely no one say that no progress was made last season. It would have been almost impossible not to improve on the worst season in the club’s history.

1 hour ago, Braes_Bairn said:

It’s not that long ago that BPM and others were chanting “Sack the Board” after relegation. How is this season any different to then? 

Only difference now if that we don’t have a Chairman because no-one wants to be in the firing line.

It is total hypocrisy. The previous board were rightly held accountable for the club’s relegation yet all of a sudden on field performances are nothing to do with the board.

34 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I’ve seen absolutely no one say that no progress was made last season. It would have been almost impossible not to improve on the worst season in the club’s history.

The worst season was when we were relegated to the bottom division on our centenary year and went part time.

Nothing will top that as the 'worst season in the clubs history'

If you pay off McGlynn then that's a dent to the playing budget with no guarantee that the new manager performs better. Using that cash on improving the squad (which, on the face of it, we have) should outweigh some of his deficiencies. I would have happily seen McGlynn go after Airdrie but given the circumstances I think the board have probably make the correct trade-off. 

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It is total hypocrisy. The previous board were rightly held accountable for the club’s relegation yet all of a sudden on field performances are nothing to do with the board.

The previous board and owners were hounded out not only for they’re poor record in managerial appointments and resulting poor performances on the pitch but for a multitude of other disastrous decisions and behaviours of which you could literally write a list as long as your arm. These judgements of the leadership need to be based on an overall package of things but I do agree the choice of managerial appointment and resulting footballing performance is certainly one of them. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

3 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Pretty sure the club is open to investment from the right people however these people don’t grow on trees. The Rawlins were meant to provide the “3 legged stool” model but have offered up nothing over and above that initial share investment. The cold facts are there isn’t an Arab billionaire or even a Roy McGregor waiting in the wings desperate to start writing cheques every season , we can’t wait about on something that might never happen and if the fans want the club to kick on we are going to have to do it ourselves through FSS / patrons group and things like concerts at the stadium or selling academy players will need to be built into the mix over and above FSS contributions as far as revenue goes. The infrastructure of the club will need to continue to change if we are to keep investing while still remaining sustainable and that takes time. There’s no quick fix but if there is I’m certain the Rawlins or guys like SA / MR would listen to offers for they’re shareholding, new money from the right people is welcome but the 3 legged stool model only makes sense if you can find a third leg for the bloody stool. 

Anyone purchasing the shares of the Rawlins or SA / MR would be giving them the money nothing would go to the club.