The Falkirk FC Thread

54 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Tom Taiwo was not the biggest but he was certainly game for the rough stuff

Going further back Steve "geez a body" Cody, he wasn't always in the team but I think his rhetoric was just that. Recall Stainrod saying in the walking down hope street podcast I think that he was absolutely mental in the dressing room. 

13 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

been done before many times, but what’s your all-time favourite 1-11, in their correct positions (or where Eddie May played them) that you’ve seen for Falkirk?  Loan players allowed.

Gordon Marshall

David Weir, Joe McLachlan, John Hughes, Tommy McQueen

Kevin McAllister, Russell Latapy, Will Vaulks, Derek McWilliams

Sammy McGivern, Simon Stainrod

Power, aggression and pace were the three things Swinney said McGlynn was looking to add this summer.

From the signings we've made I'd say the power and aggressions still missing from the middle of the park but the rest of the signings have definitely added to that.

Hogarth
Long
Lang
Spencer
Miller
Agyeman
MacIver

Edited by FFC 1876

22 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

been done before many times, but what’s your all-time favourite 1-11, in their correct positions (or where Eddie May played them) that you’ve seen for Falkirk?  Loan players allowed.

Rennie - Abel - McLaughlin - Markie - Miller - Gibson - Hogan - Roxburgh - Ferguson - Shirra - Young

The anticipation, The goodwill, The fans being behind the individuals-team-manager, The unity, and common sense of purpose.

You had to experience the Cunningham era to appreciate it with Brockville rammed full, with the so-called big teams shitting themselves coming to Brockville. The midweek game against Hib's when Cunningham had turned down the Scotland job the fans were all in 30 minutes before kick off, what an atmosphere being a good example.

Ok, there were better individual players and teams but for sheer enjoyment, thrill, entertainment, and leaving the ground with a smile on your face it was that side. The latter is after all what it should be all about going to a football match.

45 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Donaldson 

Kennedy  Hughes  Weir  McQueen

McAllister  Arfield  Vaulks  Gibson

Stainrod  Johnstone 

Latapy, Riera, Hoggan just missing out.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

Yeah, wth, its a slow Friday, I'll have a bash...               

George Watson

Stuart Kennedy    Tommy McQueen 

Geordie Gibson      Yogi

Crunchie       Jim Shirra       Derek McWilliams      

Russell Latapy    

Simon             Farid                        

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Rennie - Abel - McLaughlin - Markie - Miller - Gibson - Hogan - Roxburgh - Ferguson - Shirra - Young

The anticipation, The goodwill, The fans being behind the individuals-team-manager, The unity, and common sense of purpose.

You had to experience the Cunningham era to appreciate it with Brockville rammed full, with the so-called big teams shitting themselves coming to Brockville. The midweek game against Hib's when Cunningham had turned down the Scotland job the fans were all in 30 minutes before kick off, what an atmosphere being a good example.

Ok, there were better individual players and teams but for sheer enjoyment, thrill, entertainment, and leaving the ground with a smile on your face it was that side. The latter is after all what it should be all about going to a football match.

That team picked itself, week in, week out. No fannying about with different line ups and formations, just went after the opposition, let them worry about us instead of us worrying about them.

Ah, the good old days!

17 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I don’t agree. How can a manager who is completely off track of his remit be the best option? That sounded like “we can’t afford to sack him so we’ll keep him”.

Do you really think the Board should publicly say they will sack someone if they fail to perform while that person is in post? Would that happen in any other organisation? Let's be realistic about how open any organisation can be. The club is remarkably transparent but somethings have to be kept confidential.

(Edit - I was replying to an earlier post not Tea and Biscuits - sorry)

Edited by Kevin James Left Knee

12 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I hope the FSS run a poll on whether drums are acceptable or not. Might even get one or two more to join?

Ringo Starr?

I agree with most of the players in folks favourite elevens but for me Scott McKenzie would be in there. The guy is one of my all time favourite Falkirk players. For the service he gave the club he is more of a legend for me than the likes of Stainrod. He was always reliable and I’ll never forget that his mum died in the week leading up to the 97 final and he still played his part in the match.

Whilst I’m here I might as well chip my tuppence worth into the ultra debate. Although I sit in the KM stand and I’m nearly 57, if the young team want a drum or megaphone then it’s fine by me. I’m too old to suppress what the youngsters want to do, my Dad tried the same with me when I wanted to listen to punk and go out in ripped clothes and safety pins all over me and it didn’t work then and won’t now. To the drum moaners I will say let the youngsters have their day. If it adds atmosphere then so be it. I await the red dots.

12 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

This is absolutely fucking brilliant, and regardless of whether or not its a piss take, its still my favourite part of your post. 

I love it too. Our pies are rank rotten, no doubt about it……..CSS pies were infinitely better than ours.

The fabulous bit is defining the part pies play in generating Matchday atmosphere. I had never realised that pies possessed that kind of power.

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree with most of the players in folks favourite elevens but for me Scott McKenzie would be in there. The guy is one of my all time favourite Falkirk players. For the service he gave the club he is more of a legend for me than the likes of Stainrod. He was always reliable and I’ll never forget that his mum died in the week leading up to the 97 final and he still played his part in the match.

Whilst I’m here I might as well chip my tuppence worth into the ultra debate. Although I sit in the KM stand and I’m nearly 57, if the young team want a drum or megaphone then it’s fine by me. I’m too old to suppress what the youngsters want to do, my Dad tried the same with me when I wanted to listen to punk and go out in ripped clothes and safety pins all over me and it didn’t work then and won’t now. To the drum moaners I will say let the youngsters have their day. If it adds atmosphere then so be it. I await the red dots.

Great potential for a movie here………Footloose 2 The Falkirk Drums.

12 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Me to. Was a friendly and welcoming place just like the one in Graham's Road.

Shame Mackin asset stripped the club.

When Falkirk get back on an even keel it would be good if we can help our once-local rival to get back into the professional league setup pre season friendly for example.

Was only in the Grahams Road one once maybe twice.   The Stewart Road one though oh soooooo many times !   Yes a shame indeed and that sounds a good idea.