The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Not quite true - the club signed a contract with FSS to recognise it as the official supporters' organisation and to give the 2 Directors places to the supporters in turn (up until then they were not offical) the FSS agreed for all monies raised to go to the club. The form that giving will take is to be ironed out but the spirit of the deal is that the money has to go to the club first.

Thanks for clarifying. Was considering that all ideas put forward would enhance the club in some way like better disabled access, more money for the sensory centre fund, kits for youth teams etc. 

Edited by Van_damage

25 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Wouldn’t even need to add capacity, could be used as an additional benefit to buying in to the KM stand and have that as the exit/entrance/facilities etc. 

A fanzone, in effect, perhaps 🤔

15 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Don’t see why it has to be generalised as fans having a needless moan. In my experience, drums are more often than not just an annoying racket that could potentially put people off going. A good compromise for anyone not so keen would maybe be a trial period though. Give it 10 home matches or so and then assess whether fans consider it to improve the atmosphere. 

That would by my fear also. I've supported the club for about 55 years so I'm not about to stop because of someone hitting a drum, however, I really, really dislike opposing fans using them so I can only imagine that the feeling will be intensified if the drum is much closer to me! I can envisage a lot of walk-ups of my generation that may decide 'nah, I'm not listening to that fuckin drum again'. It would be a real shame if it actually cost us money rather than making it. Only one way to find out I suppose, but drums are a definite no-no for me.

1 hour ago, Roboccop said:

I’ve long thought we should crowd source a jumbotron. £30,000 I believe is ballpark. But there would have to be a lot of FSS discussion with members before such a decision and discussions with the club. Perhaps there are other priorities. 

I understand that it was probably a bit of whimsy on your part but I can think of better ways to spend £30K while we are down in League 1, like a 20 goal a season striker for starters. We already get hit with the Billy Big Baws jibes, us getting a jumbotron would surely cause more of the same. Let us wait until we are in the Premiership before we get one of those, yeah? Don't know if you've edited your post since I started typing but you've pretty much acknowledged this yourself with "perhaps there are other priorities".

8 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I understand that it was probably a bit of whimsy on your part but I can think of better ways to spend £30K while we are down in League 1, like a 20 goal a season striker for starters. We already get hit with the Billy Big Baws jibes, us getting a jumbotron would surely cause more of the same. Let us wait until we are in the Premiership before we get one of those, yeah? Don't know if you've edited your post since I started typing but you've pretty much acknowledged this yourself with "perhaps there are other priorities".

We may get a 20 goal a season striker for £30k a year, but he certainly wouldn't have been one before he arrived.

7 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

If we are talking 5% of the current fund then that’s only £5k/year. You won’t impact the football budget with that much but could go to worthwhile long/medium/short term projects as suggested. 

1 minute ago, Van_damage said:

If we are talking 5% of the current fund then that’s only £5k/year. You won’t impact the football budget with that much but could go to worthwhile long/medium/short term projects as suggested. 

Can you get jumbotron's on tick?

6 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Can you get jumbotron's on tick?

Wouldn’t happen instantly but a £20k scoreboard could be achievable in a short term. Popular projects could maybe acquire more additional funding too on top of current subs. 

Guest Back Post Misses
47 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

The board should have an input with what ideas are acceptable before they’re put to vote but ultimately this should be membership led.

Members can’t say how the club use the money but on this particular 5% fund it can’t be driven by the board either IMO. The board can plan what they want with the other 95%. Ultimately anything put forward should be for the betterment of the club and therefore of little objection to anyone.

If it 5% fair enough but that ain’t going to build an East Stand - in fact it isn’t going to fund much of any real significance. 
IMO better the membership get behind a Board/FSS project that makes a real difference. 

52 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

If it 5% fair enough but that ain’t going to build an East Stand - in fact it isn’t going to fund much of any real significance. 
IMO better the membership get behind a Board/FSS project that makes a real difference. 

It’s small projects. Look at the work the heritage have been doing to enhance the hospitality lounges. None of that is board driven or funded and they’ve done it on a pittance. They could do a lot with that £5k to make further improvements and likewise it could be spent on other areas.

Plenty of more money within the other 95% could go to what the board/FSS thinks will make a real difference and there’s nothing to stop standalone projects being run and funded for things like a jumbatron. £5k might be a good start though as well. 

Edited by Van_damage

Think the priority is to keep getting the numbers up and money in, which will complement the excellent commercial effort and stabilise the club, and give more latitude for ideas like all of these.

These ideas are great though, as more creativity means more engagement and accelerates a virtuous cycle. I’m still of the view that if we get promoted this season, we’ll do a double bump as we’ll have momentum behind us, and half the clubs in the Championship are basket cases.

And yes, Allan will score 20 this season. 

Edited by StuartA

20 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

How about using this 5% FSS money to buy an electronic substitute board?

Looks a wee bit pub league shouting and waving at the player to come off.

That would be a great suggestion. Something that hasn’t been prioritised by the club but would benefit them. Could be sponsored too and therefore bring more money to the club. 

Another suggestion of what £5k could bring- a dartboard and pool table for the Brockville Bar. Could then have darts nights there too.

There are plenty of possibilities that won’t just help improve the matchday experience but could bring more revenue to the club. 

2 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Another suggestion of what £5k could bring- a dartboard and pool table for the Brockville Bar. Could then have darts nights there too.

There are plenty of possibilities that won’t just help improve the matchday experience but could bring more revenue to the club. 

A dartboard costs about 20 notes. I'll buy you one m8