The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

That’s brilliant. Every new 50 members should be enough to produce a new signing. What’s the total number of members now?

Realised my maths is way off. Closer to 180-200 new members but every new member helps. 

The thing is there will probably be quite a few members who like myself donate more than the minimum £10 a month, not that it matters as every donation is worthwhile. Great to see and hopefully it grows and grows, can’t help feeling success on the park would help.

30 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The thing is there will probably be quite a few members who like myself donate more than the minimum £10 a month, not that it matters as every donation is worthwhile. Great to see and hopefully it grows and grows, can’t help feeling success on the park would help.

The backing from fans, sponsors, and the wider community is not in question as it’s been superb. 

Which is why its absolutely imperative that the players & coaching staff should repay the faith and financial support shown, by giving us a winning team. That’s their pressure but it’s also their jobs. Let’s hope this lot can handle that pressure.

8 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not content with crowd wanking...

On 15/07/2023 at 14:34, Monkey Tennis said:

No risk of that with me.

I'll very happily admit that Falkirk is a significantly bigger club than Queens.

It's nothing for anyone to be either unduly proud or sheepish about.  

I was talking to another Falkirk fan about an organisation to help fund the club. Know you’re a much smaller club so no need to get jealous! 

Edited by Van_damage

2 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I was talking to another Falkirk fan who is trying to well for our club so don’t see why you feel the need to comment. Know you’re a much smaller club so no need to get jealous! 

Oh relax for Christ's sake.

I know that Falkirk's a bigger club than Queens.  That's why their current lowly standing is amusing.  Nice outing for the OF line about jealousy though.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Oh relax for Christ's sake.

I know that Falkirk's a bigger club than Queens.  That's why their current lowly standing is amusing.  Nice outing for the OF line about jealousy though.

Now who’s not relaxed?

I don’t actually care if you’re jealous or not. It was a joke. All I’m concerned about is Falkirk and was talking to a Falkirk fan about a volunteer led group trying to help the club.

If you want to do similar for QotS then wish you all the success but try pick your moments better when jumping on a Falkirk thread to have a pop at others. 

On 15/07/2023 at 10:08, Duncan Freemason said:

Yes, I  am remember him speaking fondly of that watershed moment in his life when an unknown sage whispered to him that he needed to “man up, dig deep, and grow a pair”. It changed his life, and he owes it all to you. 😬

LoL Not sure that's exactly what I told him - leave that type of chat to Jefferies, who had him warming the bench at that time

Still a lot of comments about BOD decisions. It may take a while to register but the patrons and FSS are the major part of the club ownership. We ( if FSS MEMBERS) have the right to make our views on the club direction known and seek to unseat elected members and stand ourselves  It is a major change as for years we could throw tomatoes at the MSG Lang, Fulston etc but now we can have a say  It will take a while to sink in as for years the pantomime baddie was an easy target

Having read a lot of negative comments over the last few days, I think it’s fair to say that members of our fanbase can’t forgive McGlynn for our finish to the end of last season.

I fear if we start the season badly then the crowd could turn on him very quickly. I do agree with the points being made around the squad and McGlynn’s use of his budget.

The squad currently doesn’t look balanced despite our budget apparently being spent. We will likely get a couple of loans in but we will be relying on players like Donaldson, Oliver and Nesbit again. Having just watched the highlights from Saturday, it looks like our defence and Donaldson in particular, give cause for concern. We seemed to create a decent number of chances

1 hour ago, Shabba said:

Having read a lot of negative comments over the last few days, I think it’s fair to say that members of our fanbase can’t forgive McGlynn for our finish to the end of last season.

I fear if we start the season badly then the crowd could turn on him very quickly. I do agree with the points being made around the squad and McGlynn’s use of his budget.

The squad currently doesn’t look balanced despite our budget apparently being spent. We will likely get a couple of loans in but we will be relying on players like Donaldson, Oliver and Nesbit again. Having just watched the highlights from Saturday, it looks like our defence and Donaldson in particular, give cause for concern. We seemed to create a decent number of chances

Can’t speak for others but prepared to forgive & forget however need reassurance that lessons learned in terms of playing style, formation & tactics. Going on Saturday not sure if change hoped for is in the offing 🤔

1 hour ago, Shabba said:

Was having a similar conversation with a mate on Saturday.   A lot of people are still hurting from the play offs and some folk I spoke to said they felt some matters hadn't been addressed by McGlynn....it was a case of we did the best we could and lets move on quickly.

The expectation is we need to come out of the traps flying but the worry is we don't really look like that's going to happen.  I'm personally not going to panic over some pre season friendlies but I can understand why people do.  We've had such a shite time of it people are desperate for some glimmer of sunshine!

But its not like McGlynn is suddenly going to revamp his whole tactical approach however if we can re-create the type of football we had at the first half of last season.  The staticians might be able to help but I have a (foggy) memory of us absolutely battering teams in terms of possession and shots but just not putting them away either through luck or not having someone in the box to finish. 

When we signed Jordan Allan the talk was he'd be the guy who would be in the 6 yard box getting on the end of the crosses.....whether or not thats the case remains to be seen but if not I agree its not going to be easy for McGlynn if results don't go our way early doors.