The Falkirk FC Thread

47 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Singing section being trialled for the next 3 home games.

Local hero being played before the game, select players having goal songs and a drum all starting tomorrow.

What players are having a drum? Will they be able to run with it?

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I know he was deeply respected by all in earshot of him not only for what he did but the way he did it. Anybody else from that era remember him?

Respect

I do remember him. Had a ST in the same area. 

This is very niche but he was close too to a guy who always said 'Better be nothing trivial ref' every time play was stopped for anything from a slight knock to onfield decapitation.

15 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Do you know if the FSS have had much in the way of interest from members or committee members standing for election as one of the two directors or is it just a case of putting it out there and see who comes forward? Was there any succession planning behind the scenes or did John decide to step down quite suddenly? 

7 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Somebody will be along shortly to say there's been a fall out and we should be worried about the direction of the club under the BoD even though the statement is clear as to why he is stepping down

Of course there will be and you can almost confidently predict which poster or perhaps posters said shit stirring will come from! 🤣

Edited by LatapyBairn.

29 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Do you know if the FSS have had much in the way of interest from members or committee members standing for election as one of the two directors or is it just a case of putting it out there and see who comes forward? Was there any succession planning behind the scenes or did John decide to step down quite suddenly? 

It's been a while since there has been an actual ballot to choose a rep. The last time there was only one candidate.

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

It's been a while since there has been an actual ballot to choose a rep. The last time there was only one candidate.

Well we only need two people to step forward to allow the members a vote. I’d hope some may have been expressing an interest in becoming more involved could possibly be approached and encouraged to stand for election. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Hoping somebody can help with this. My son was given this over the weeken by one of his pals, it's from the Junior Bairns coaching day at Xmas 2022. I can't work out who the signatures are though I think this one might be Stevie Hetherington (below Nicky Hogarth)

20230724_191554.jpg

Edited by FK1Bairn

5 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I am a carer for my disabled partner so rarely get out of the house.  A charity in Edinburgh who are for carers asked me if they could do anything for me so I could have some respite and get me out of the house sometimes.  I couldn't think of anything I wanted to go to, then I mentioned I've not been to see my beloved Falkirk in a couple of seasons.  They are only going to pay for a season ticket for me as I couldn't afford it otherwise.  Yippee.  They said at least that would make me happy every week or two.  I said they obviously don't know about Falkirk then  :)  

Excited to get out of the house and back to following the Bairns in the flesh, rather than the highlights. Brilliant !!!

Brilliant to hear 👏🏻

Not sure if you’ll be heading to the games yourself or with others but either way, we’ll sort out a few beers (or soft drinks if you don’t drink) in the podcast beer bucket for you in the Brockville Bar before the 1st home game. Let me know via DM if this is something you’d appreciate mate. 

1 hour ago, Barr said:

Latest club podcast with the commercial boys available now. They’ve done a cracking job the past year so deserve a wee spotlight

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2023/07/21/ffc-podcast-episode-eight-available-now/

Well done Colin on another great episode of the podcast, a great feature as you say of the guys who have brought so much money into our club. 

Keep searching daily to see if Blaine Rowe's found a new club yet and so thought I'd do a rundown on where all our departured players at the end of last season have ended up. 

Released Players

Ryan Williamson - Pre contract signed with Montrose in January

Steven Hetherington - Back to Alloa

Craig McGuffie - Queen of the South

Rumarn Burrell - Cove

Paddy Martin - Bonnyrigg Rose

Blair Sneddon - Berwick Rangers

Finlay Malcolm - Bo'ness United

Lennon Walker - Tranent with his Bo'ness United manager from last season

Kyle Connolly - Back to East Stirlingshire permanently

Paul Watson - Unattached

End of loans

Blaine Rowe - Released and yet to sign with a club, was rumoured to be on trial with Queens Park.

Archie Meekison - Back fit again and we'll most likely see some of him against us tomorrow.

Brian Kinnear - Released and yet to sign with a club, was rumoured to be on trial with Killie.

Matthew Wright - Due to go back out on loan after his disappointing spell here.

Maksym Kucheriavyi - Getting some deserved gametime under his new manager Steven Maclean with St Johnstone.

Kai Kennedy - Released and yet to sign with a club, last I saw NK Osijek was the favourite to sign him. Finished 3rd in the Croatian top league last season and are in the European conference league qualifiers.