The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Adding Gallagher and Moult has made them a different challenge. Both of them strolling the game.

The league cup is not something I'd fully judge teams on, good to gain confidence going into the season but it's a fancier challenge cup now....only just fancier tho ...

It's not a perfect comparison, but I said some sort of context and I stick by that tbh. 

27 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Also what was Mcglynns issue in a post match interview saying perhaps Allan has a discipline issue? Sent off for us but on another day gets away with it. At past he was trying to do something about the scoreline. 

I took that more to mean that he thought there may be an issue with whoever issues the suspension because Allan's actions didn't deserve a 3 match suspension.

The podcast with Jamie was released on Friday morning. Would encourage everyone to listen as it clarifies the financial situation and I always find Jamie open and as honest as he can be. I’m sure there’s more I could have probed but I felt like Jamie gave a good amount of detail on every topic over the hour.

Any further questions please follow up with the club afterwards through the routes JS suggests at the end.

if you subscribe on your podcast platform you’ll get every episode as soon as it’s uploaded, won’t have to wait for social media, and won’t miss anything from the series.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2023/08/04/ffc-podcast-episode-nine-available-now/

I’m only half way through listening to the podcast and Jamie’s honesty is really refreshing and I appreciate that but as a fan it’s a depressing listen. Bottom line is if we don’t go up we are humped. 

Financially we are teetering on the brink and if we don’t go up this season the Falkirk we will see next season will be a vastly different beast to what we are just now.

The cup run wasn’t the cash cow we thought it would be and the money from the Scottish Government has been a far bigger bailout than money coming in from anything the team has done on the park. We are still paying soft loans and it sounds like without the money coming in from the Patrons and FSS we would have been part-time by now.

Listening to what Jamie says I honestly fear for us and it absolutely reinforces for me how much McGlynn has to get this right and I’m not totally convinced I believe he will.

Still listening to it and it’s a good , honest interview but it’s a worrying position we are in. It also underlines the fact of how much we fans are financially propping this club up and if for any reason that should stop or reduce god knows where we would be.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m only half way through listening to the podcast and Jamie’s honesty is really refreshing and I appreciate that but as a fan it’s a depressing listen. Bottom line is if we don’t go up we are humped. 

Financially we are teetering on the brink and if we don’t go up this season the Falkirk we will see next season will be a vastly different beast to what we are just now.

The cup run wasn’t the cash cow we thought it would be and the money from the Scottish Government has been a far bigger bailout than money coming in from anything the team has done on the park. We are still paying soft loans and it sounds like without the money coming in from the Patrons and FSS we would have been part-time by now.

Listening to what Jamie says I honestly fear for us and it absolutely reinforces for me how much McGlynn has to get this right and I’m not totally convinced I believe he will.

Still listening to it and it’s a good , honest interview but it’s a worrying position we are in. It also underlines the fact of how much we fans are financially propping this club up and if for any reason that should stop or reduce god knows where we would be.

Think we all new this year was win or broke, barring another unexpected cash windfall in this year if we don’t go up next seasons playing budget is going to be vastly reduced which could could easily see us fester in this league for an extended period. Good that he clarified this years position however with Mcglynn already working on a slightly reduced budget at least the cash in the bank will see us through the season. The hand to mouth way the club has been operating really does prevent us from properly investing any cash windfalls we do get, any extra money coming in inevitably just plugs a hole or repays a soft loan, very frustrating rut to be in. 

5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Think we all new this year was win or broke, barring another unexpected cash windfall in this year if we don’t go up next seasons playing budget is going to be vastly reduced which could could easily see us fester in this league for an extended period. Good that he clarified this years position however with Mcglynn already working on a slightly reduced budget at least the cash in the bank will see us through the season. The hand to mouth way the club has been operating really does prevent us from properly investing any cash windfalls we do get, any extra money coming in inevitably just plugs a hole or repays a soft loan, very frustrating rut to be in. 

Maybe hybrid or part-time won’t be the horror show I have in my head. When you think of it plenty of clubs in that situation have got out of this league and done well in the championship.

I just pray it doesn’t come to that and we get up this season. Listening to Jamie you have to even wonder if things weren’t going right for McGlynn would they have the cash to punt him. 

Think we all just need to get right behind him and the team and be as vocal in our support as we can be and if circumstances allow support the club financially as best as we all can.

23 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Maybe hybrid or part-time won’t be the horror show I have in my head. When you think of it plenty of clubs in that situation have got out of this league and done well in the championship.

I just pray it doesn’t come to that and we get up this season. Listening to Jamie you have to even wonder if things weren’t going right for McGlynn would they have the cash to punt him. 

Think we all just need to get right behind him and the team and be as vocal in our support as we can be and if circumstances allow support the club financially as best as we all can.

If that comes to pass, maybe then the club and its management will stop allowing us to be viewed as a cash cow, a soft touch, where any players we are after get all their demands met and we dish out 2 and 3 year deals like sweeties? In that situation the only players getting 2 or 3 year deals should be our own academy players.

Listening to Sweenys interview, got to give respect to the guy as he was very open and didn’t need to say as much about the finances. It’s absolutely confirms there was mistakes made on the financial front on the cup receipts, which he did answer with some honesty and that the BOD didn’t have any experience with. Sore lessons learned. No questions asked why two guys have resigned from the FSS and promotion is a must. 
New season start today and 36 cup finals.