The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, brokeville said:

Would he have made these changes is Oliver and McGinn were fit?

“Couple of key players are struggling to make it”

Most of us prayed that it was these two…….who’d a thunk it

Edited by HonestAl

The bench is very grim, we shouldn't need it today but anymore injuries and we could be in trouble.

I really had it in my head one of the injuries was gonna be Lang and we would see McKay and Donaldson.

28 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Then be as well handing the government money back if that’s the case as it was provided on the proviso of building up a large shareholding for the FSS.

Can’t see any external investor paying over £2m for a controlling stake though. Also no investor is going to continually put £400k/year to just keep the club running so we need to find a way of running the club with current income levels, which in all honesty shouldn’t be a problem when we are still currently bringing in near £2m each year before cups etc.  

The difference in prize and gate money alone as outlined by JS between 3rd in our league or 3rd in the championship is surely the obvious solution toward solving the problem! Potentially near 400k of a difference, let get out of this fucking league! 

5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The difference in prize and gate money alone as outlined by JS between 3rd in our league or 3rd in the championship is surely the obvious solution toward solving the problem! Potentially near 400k of a difference, let get out of this fucking league! 

Agreed but then the board said the gap would be there regardless if we get to the Championship.

The solution is to cut our cloth accordingly and bank any surplus so we can then use that when required to bump up the playing budget or any required capital expenditure. Know that’s easier said than done with regards to maintaining a playing squad but can’t continue as we are if we want a team to support. 

Just now, Gaz said:

We've been narrowly the better team but lacking any clinicality up front. Agyeman has looked pretty sharp at times.

I'm watching on Falkirk TV and I think Alfie has been poor today, his first touch isn't great.